Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I did left side solo as a hunter, on the final layer the eye boss absolutely decimated my pet even when I interrupted whenever I could and used mend pet/exhilaration. I managed to do it but I had to ress my pet 2-3 times, which was sort of a pain with the longer cast time. I did the other side with two friends and the trash was a slog but the final boss melted in like 30 seconds. As a hunter it feels like you can get a lot of useless powers.

Ive only done Layer 2, but had no issues and 0 deaths as Frost DK.

I melted both Level 3 bosses. 159 Destro Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I hear it's easier for some classes than others, and certain abilities just break it. Like the one for Death Knights that gives you the ability to summon a Horseman with your Death Gate. Rogues apparently have the shortest end of the stick atm, while BM hunters have it easy. Just what I've picked up from General Chat. But I had hoped that Torghast wouldn't be mechanically challenging, at least the way I read it before launch. I was hoping it would be like Visions, where every time you bashed your head against the wall, you could use the wall chips that came loose to buy upgrades for your head to bash harder with next time. The game already has raiding and M+ for those min/maxers who like to optimize gear and talents, perfect rotations, and develop their reflexes. I thought Torghast was for those of us just here for the power fantasy.
    As Frost DK I got one that causes frost damage to randomly 1/4 Mobs HP. Id say it had an honest 20% proc chance and I killed an end boss in 4 hits with it when I got lucky.

I don't understand this. I went through this as both a feral druid and guardian druid. Both times it was EASY.

I've cleared through all currently released layers.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I never hate on anyone. That said: Way to elude a question ^^

Feels bad about what? I linked your thread, where you totally misbehaved. But maybe you feel bad about yourself....?
    Gotta say I agree with Det here. I thought the exact same thing when I saw you post again. It's a fair question and he's not hating on you. And you did elude lol

OT: It's fun as disc!

As you gear up it'll get easier. At low gear levels, warlocks, hunters, and tanks have an obvious huge advantage, just like all solo content in the game.

Completed both wings at 3 with a 150/155 survival hunter.

The Soulforges was easy, ended up fighting the boss with 21 anima perks and defeated it far quicker then expected.

Upper Reaches took two tries, had rotten luck on anima powers and the boss was a aoe spamming nightmare that I couldn't counter effectively.

Second run, different boss, average anima perks but got it down relatively easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think most people having issues must not be fully clearing the wings.if you fully clear each wing, by the time you get to the end boss, you’re nearly unstoppable.
    Not true.

For both Upper Reach runs I cleared everything and had 8 (+2 dupes) and 12 (+3 dupes) respectively.
    How much you find, nevermind how useful, makes a tremendous difference.

The dupes stack, FYI. Doesn't help much if they're useless of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    I did left side solo as a hunter, on the final layer the eye boss absolutely decimated my pet even when I interrupted whenever I could and used mend pet/exhilaration. I managed to do it but I had to ress my pet 2-3 times, which was sort of a pain with the longer cast time. I did the other side with two friends and the trash was a slog but the final boss melted in like 30 seconds. As a hunter it feels like you can get a lot of useless powers.
    Yea i'm a BM Hunter and i concur with what you wrote.
    The powers you can be offered are a pure rng fest, sometimes appropriate ones relative to what skills i have on my bar and other times like last run with eye boss, i got offered like 75% shitty powers and the eye boss f'd me up 3 times before i called it a day.
    I heard the boss is bugged.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Surprised it's not harder. Didn't die a single time in any of my runs, piss easy content.

I've ran 3s multiple times as tank spec where I can just run until mobs start to leash and then kill them. I really don't see how anyone could struggle with this content if they chose to just moderately pace themselves? Do things respawn if you go to slow? And if you have difficulty it's probably just aweful anima rolls for your class, but just repeat it until you do? Most casual noobs are probably used to repeated tries at content anyways.

Marksman with pet isn't too bad, so far I've only died to a flame trap once. The Kyrian phial really helps though, especially with the +25% healing anima power.

Make sure to buy as many powers as you can from the broker. Not just the anima cells, they sell individual ones too so you can target them somewhat. +120% damage to aimed shot was really fun, so was the 90% run speed after using disengage 30 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a 175 ilvl rogue and im finding the final boss in level 3 near impossible. I might be bad and doing something horribly wrong though. But with rogues complete and utter lack of self healing (i cant even outheal the stacking dot debuff), i run out of defensive cooldowns to use within 20 seconds and then i die. This is with constant stunning, interrupting etc.

Compared to what ive seen witb other classes, Rogues anima powers are fucking shit.

God forbid a game presents a challenge to the player when offering the best available rewards. It's ok for content to be initially too difficult for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Compared to what ive seen witb other classes, Rogues anima powers are fucking shit.
    Not so much shit, you're just less likely to get good synergies than other classes, it seems like you're much more likely to get dealt a hand that isn't useful vs the boss, even if you melt the trash mobs.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-12-01 at 01:00 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 of my characters did Torghast with 125-135 iLvL immediately upon hitting 60, and the results were mostly the same (blood DK, retribution paladin, balance druid). The only character that died was my paladin twice and that's solely because I was being super reckless at certain points.

It was slow going though, especially layer three on both my paladin and my druid (I'm most unfamiliar with these characters), but part of that was due to a bit of RNG with the powers that I happened to get on the hardest layer (go figure, lol). Basically on my balance druid I was all but forced into doing the root build and my damage sources were pretty sparse to say the least. Luckily, roots cheeses everything because it doesn't really put you in combat, but it does take you forever to kill things. My greatest fear was that it wouldn't work on the final boss, and it actually didn't (obeys PvP duration). Still managed to get a kill, albeit barely.

I can't really tell what the true difficulty will be, but for those claiming that it's a pushover, there absolutely is the potential that you just got lucky on the few runs you did. Rogue-likes are literally designed to have RNG to where you can just easily breeze through shit if you hit the right upgrades. The inverse is also true, and poor upgrades can make the difficulty way harder (but with good play, and thinking about what's given to you, you can usually get by).

People need to keep in mind the design intent of Torghast in general. The only thing you're wasting by going slow is your time, but you can also waste your time by rushing through and simply not having the upgrades to clear the final levels either. Finally it's the first week and the later difficulties and the hardest sections of Torghast aren't in the game yet. I believe there's a more challenging mode with 18 floors in it, where things like the death counter might come into play more.

For anybody having problems with Torghast, I'd literally just full clear floors before moving on and think about single target damage and what actually makes you better against bosses.

as arms warrior, first layer boss was easy as I am already used to hamstring slow an elite then move away and let the second wind heal you to full. Repeated it 2 times and he was down.

2nd layer boss, is getting buff over time and after 10 stacks is impossible to be kited or stunned. he killed me 2 times.
    I had to think and plan, use a pot, line up my die by the sword perfectly for 2 times.

engaged him >
    at around %90 used die by the sword for parry >
    my hp is about %40 i slow him down and start kiting (so glad that I had that maw speed buff) >
    engage again >
    he is at over 10 stacks now, impossible to kite >
    use pot >
    my hp %2 >
    use the second die by the sword >
    so glad again to pick condemn crit conduit. Finally he is dead and I am %2hp.

impossible a newbie with ilvl130 can do this. Gratz on blizzard to put up some challenge finally in the game.
    but they will nerf it after tons of qq I am sure.
    or people will complain about trash is a cakewalk and the boss is impossible blabla.

people absolutely need to gitgud and also have ilvl with this.

Some people are kinda missing the fucking point a new person to the game, not a new level 60.

But yeah, it becomes a little more knowing your class towards the end of Layer 3 but that’s about it. At best at least it’s good practice for new players to learn their class a bit better.

The eye boss does really hurt your pet. Couple of tricks with that.

1) Use a ferocity pet for leech
    2) Don't use the animal companion talent because it reduces your pet's individual damage (and thus its leech healing) by 35%
    3) Use a clefthoof for its +healing exotic ability
    4) (Obviously) keep mend pet up

That guy is tough for a BM hunter, so it must be a total nightmare for like awful solo classes like mages. They might not be able to beat it until they get much better gear.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-12-01 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The dupes stack, FYI. Doesn't help much if they're useless of course.
    From what i've seen, most stuff stacks. Had a run where i got 3 wallruns and just ran circles around the boss.