Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    How about WotLK and Cata content? Asking for a friend.
    Not gonna lie, i had to hit deathwing 10-20x to get him down. same for LK.
    Feels like way too much. Ofc he doesnt do any dmg. but the dmg to him was weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I went to do Legion raids, and they are harder than I expected ..

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not gonna lie, i had to hit deathwing 10-20x to get him down. same for LK.
    Feels like way too much. Ofc he doesnt do any dmg. but the dmg to him was weak.
    Yeah that seems to be the biggest problem, the damage we are putting out is way too low for the hp of the mobs, I take nearly double the time killing a boss in icc than I did in bfa something is off with the level/stat squish. We should be able to smash legion raids easily in 171 gear.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It's not considered "legacy content" yet.

Will remain challenging until next expansion, I bet. Legion raids should be easier now though, but I bet they borked that too.
    I'm guessing they simply do not want solo players to be able to roflstomp relatively fresh content that players had difficulty tackling in groups just a few weeks ago? Not sure as to their reasoning.
    They changed Legion to legacy content halfway through BFA though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They changed Legion to legacy content halfway through BFA though.
    Well i just hope they fix this ASAP. or we gonna need full raid groups for older content. xD

Feels like they fucked up squish on older content.
    nah, they just hate fun

That's interesting. My lvl 60 main is at 150 now, give or take. Would I be better off in Azerite gear for soloing older content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    That's interesting. My lvl 60 main is at 150 now, give or take. Would I be better off in Azerite gear for soloing older content?
    Heard this is the case yes. I do assume they will fix it ASAP. i hope..

10+ Year Old Account
    Any news yet on this subject?

News? One of the very first hotfixes since the launch of BFA restored the scaling of legacy content that we had at level 50 so it applies at level 60. You're likely still dealing relatively lower damage at current gear levels than you were at the end of 8.3.7 though, since we're now lacking Azerite gear perks, corruption and HoA essences.

Here's the specific line from the November 24th hotfix patchnotes:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players above level 50 now properly retain their full combat bonus when fighting enemies from the Legion expansion.
    Source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...ecember-4-2020
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2020-12-07 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Is Mythic BoD still as hard as it was in 8.3?
    Most likely since I have yet to see any nerfs done to it and with the unstable squish they did and how it affected old raids like Tomb and Nighthold would say BoD is much harder.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Is Mythic BoD still as hard as it was in 8.3?
    Arguably harder, since we lost corruptions (which amounted to a &$#@ton of damage), and there is no "legacy" aura for BfA raids to offset it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    This has certainly been the case after Legion, we lost artifact, our secondaries got low on higher levels and we lost legendaries at 116lvl.
    Except it wasn't, one of the first things I did when BfA came out and I finished my lvling, was heading to both BRF (WoD content, so legacy) and Karazhan (legion content, so similar to how, say, Mechagon should be now), and while i wasn't roflstomping either one, I was capable of doing them, and doing them at a decent pace. Right now as it stands, the same content that I could solo at 50, I can't even kill at 60. It's not just broken, it's broken as fuck. Outdoor world scales to your ilvl even though it's 10lvls lower than you, dungeons and raids I'm not sure if they scale as well or what is up with them, but they certainly don't work the way old content used to in the past.

And it doesn't really seem intended luckily, since in one of the hotfixes Blizzard acklowledged stuff is broken and claimed to have fixed it, but of course, their fix didn't work. Since then there has been radio silence on their part, so it's either not very high on their list of priorities, or it's a bigger bug than we might think. Personally I blame level squish, since all their systems for farming older stuff was based on 10/10+lvl difference between you and mobs, now that's changed tho, and apparently it broke older stuff, and seems like they don't know how to fix it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    News? One of the very first hotfixes since the launch of BFA restored the scaling of legacy content that we had at level 50 so it applies at level 60. You're likely still dealing relatively lower damage at current gear levels than you were at the end of 8.3.7 though, since we're now lacking Azerite gear perks, corruption and HoA essences.

Here's the specific line from the November 24th hotfix patchnotes:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players above level 50 now properly retain their full combat bonus when fighting enemies from the Legion expansion.
    Source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...ecember-4-2020
    That did exactly nothing. I was doing Antorus couple of hours before the hotfixes came live, and tried it again after, and there was absolutely zero difference.

edit : Battle for Azeroth creatures that increase their health as the player's item level increases now stop scaling at a lower, more appropriate item level.

This just in. Nothing about Legion tho...
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2020-12-08 at 04:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiming in here to state that BfA mobs, for whatever reason, have janky scaling going on, including in instanced content such as Horrific visions (A character hit 51 in there and suddenly every mob had roughly 25-33% more HP).

While the damage output of my lvl 50 Fury Warrior and lvl 60 Feral Druid is roughly the same (Feral Druid has a slight lead), my Fury Warrior is having a MUCH easier time killing mount things because mobs have roughly 1/3rd the health as the Feral Druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

A bit shit for those who love doing old content, this has never been the case. usually due the fact mobs get grey they become alot weaker. This is sadly not the case this time around. sadly i think due the level/dmg squish.
    The mob's level, yellow, green, grey, etc, really only come into play regarding hit tables. Their chance to hit you, crit you, etc. I believe I saw a bluepost saying that BFA mobs were continuing to scale with a SL player's ilvl instead of hitting some kind of cap, but I don't remember whether they said this was a bug or working as intended.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Chiming in here to state that BfA mobs, for whatever reason, have janky scaling going on, including in instanced content such as Horrific visions (A character hit 51 in there and suddenly every mob had roughly 25-33% more HP).

While the damage output of my lvl 50 Fury Warrior and lvl 60 Feral Druid is roughly the same (Feral Druid has a slight lead), my Fury Warrior is having a MUCH easier time killing mount things because mobs have roughly 1/3rd the health as the Feral Druid.
    Scaling is fucked.

Fucked.

I was finally doing a Tol Dagor run last night for the Jaina questline (late to the party, unlocking Kul Tirans) with a Guildie kind enough to bring their pally along to help me. They were currently level 54 in pretty decent-for-last-expansion's-endgame gear, I was a fresh-ish 60 with ilvl 158 gear.

He stomped me in the DPS. As a prot pally. He was doing the whole drag-half-the-instance-godmode thing they do quite well too, without dying. My TTK was insane. Scaling is utterly busted at this point.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.