Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I see slightly more alliance than horde roaming about and i'm one of those horde servers you're on about ..

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If you don't warmode, and you're not top 100, no one gives a f...

For the rest, well, you made your bed, now you get to lie in it.
    Like people knew last year, last expansion, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, etc, when they made these choices that this is how the game would end up?

They will allow cross faction play.

Ion talked about it in one launch interview and basically said they like the factions but they will find a way to let you play with friends (in the opposite faction).

Imo, they can easily make a "friendly mode" the same way they make a war mode. The way it read, they have something in the works he can't talk about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Amazes me that people still cry about faction balance. Blizzard already gave up on it years ago, the game has tilted heavily towards competitive PVE environments which the Horde have dominated since BC.
    Player versus environment environments? Those environments?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    A faction merge would require reworking the game from the ground up. So much stuff would make no fucking sense. Not just systems but quests, locations, storylines. Its never gonna happen.
    What are you smoking dude? Nobody is asking for merge but a x-faction dungs and raids (since we already have mercenary mode for pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    What are you smoking dude? Nobody is asking for merge but a x-faction dungs and raids (since we already have mercenary mode for pvp)
    Read the thread dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not happening. Every expansion "pointed to it" and the factons are still here. They aren't going anywhere.
    I don't remember running with one Alliance leader (Jaina) to save another (Anduin) as a Horde character in any expansion before SL. There's nothing left of Horde anyway, because Blizz are killing more and more Horde leaders. So yeah, they're not removing "factions", they only remove one.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Erhm, wrong thread you posted in? Being on a high pop changed the game forever for me. I have made millions, in fact I crossed 50+ million gold, and it's all due to moving to a high pop. My AH playing is 100% based on having more people playing, means I sell more. High pop is money making machine, AS WELL! It makes raiding so much easier, and so many more opportunities, bigger community etc. Shit just happens more.

..Also it was so fun back in Cata when I last raided in WoW and my guild back then was 1# alliance on realm...With a world rank of 4000 and we could not even recruit a DPS...Then I moved to Auchindoun, which also started to die out, then I moved to Ravencrest...

- - - Updated - - -

Can you kindly go post somewhere else. I'd rather have 2000 queue log in, then having a dying realm and paying 200-300 euro to migrate all my characters or whatever the cost will be.
    dude, auchindoun has always been dead, it was a backwater server to get pvp titles on, I was there on one of my alts to hunt down some glad dodgers back in wrath, and it was already dead back then. you obviously have no idea what you are talking about lol.

Also if u want faction balance, u want something that speaks to the casuals who have never done a +15 or set foot inside a raid outside of LFR, since that is 90%+ of the player base.

the entire faction balance issue is fairly deep and lengthy but you just simply understand nothing about it. do some reasearch first maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Read the thread dumbass
    No, you need to read it. Basically everyone agrees that solution to this is NOT A MERGE for sure. Because its unrealistic.

I would welcome cross faction play. The whole aestetic difference with horde being savage and allianve being polite humanoids doesn't exist any more especially since allied races.

This whole artificial barrier called faction war between Horde and Alliance doesn't really fancy many people any more. When did some people on your server decided to raid the enemy capital city? It doesn't happen anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So looking back last 5 years we all know that the horde has largely decimated alliance in population. But Shadowlands launch truly shows just how bad and dire the situation is now.

Only a SINGLE, O N E , alliance realm globally from what I could gather going through Twitter-Blizzard-tech-rep and blue posts had any queue time or connection issues, and that was Silvermoon EU.
    According to data pulled directly from the Blizzard Battle.net API of all active (as in, played within the last 30 days of data collection) characters, as of December of last year, is as follows:

For US Realms:
    50.6% Alliance
    49.4% Horde

For EU Realms:
    49.9% Alliance
    50.1% Horde

Literally the faction populations according to this data couldn't be closer to parity. This is effectively no better than a rounding error statistically speaking and all that your anecdotal evidence shows is just that the Alliance are just spread more thinly across more servers than the Horde are.

[Source: Statista]

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    100% bonus and op racials wont fix anything,it will just make the problem go in reverse,and likely much more by these sugestions

no...the only true solution to this mess is alow cross faction play,make it in to a mercenary system to fit lore wise or something,but thats the only way to do it at this point

just removing performance racials wont do it either as people have established groups now and wont just transfer cuz aliance r gud guyz and gnomes are cute
    No, it just means buff core alliance racials and make alliance on equal footing for raiding. This heavy faction imbalance started after MoP when they began nerfing alliance racials like EMFH. Give alliance races comparative performance racials or at the very least stop designing encounters that give Horde races significant advantage. (Looking at you Zul from Uldir). Most alliance racials are defensive instead offensive, and it fucks alliance when it comes to raiding.

according to https://www.wowprogress.com/

37 out of 200 top guilds it's from ally
    163 out of 200 top guilds it's from horde

18.5% its ally
    81.5% its horde

as we can see its different from this:

"For US Realms:
    50.6% Alliance
    49.4% Horde"

or from this:

"For EU Realms:
    49.9% Alliance
    50.1% Horde"

Quote Originally Posted by Darsyek View Post
    According to data pulled directly from the Blizzard Battle.net API of all active (as in, played within the last 30 days of data collection) characters, as of December of last year, is as follows:

For US Realms:
    50.6% Alliance
    49.4% Horde

For EU Realms:
    49.9% Alliance
    50.1% Horde

Literally the faction populations according to this data couldn't be closer to parity. This is effectively no better than a rounding error statistically speaking and all that your anecdotal evidence shows is just that the Alliance are just spread more thinly across more servers than the Horde are.

I think a 50-60 chart would be much more accurate of the current population trends. As a personal anecdote back when realmpop was up roughly a year ago I remember the overall 1-120 charts showing that overall, the populations are fairly balanced, but that's because a lot of people play on both factions and level alts. The horde population percentage would slowly increase as you scaled up to max level. You also can't argue with the fact that wowprogress is overwhelmingly horde at this point.

For US Realms:
    50.6% Alliance
    49.4% Horde

For EU Realms:
    49.9% Alliance
    50.1% Horde

Statistically speaking island expeditions were 9001% more popular than raids and dungeons, so blizzard should just scrap raids and dungeons and focus on island expeditions?

The thing is, in reality, statistics in this case doesn't mean shit. At least not character statistics.

Want some more stats?

hall of fame Ny'alotha, the Waking City:
    100 ally: 04/14/2020 8:20 PM CEST
    100 horde: 03/15/2020 11:23 PM CET

month difference

EP:
    100 ally: 10/16/2019 6:40 AM CEST
    100 horde: 09/05/2019 5:43 PM CEST

month and 1/3

COS:
    ally didnt even finish, last place was 42 - 07/09/2019 9:40 PM CEST
    100 horde: 06/16/2019 4:24 AM CEST

bit less than month difference but...

BOD:
    100 Ally: 04/10/2019 4:37 PM CEST
    100 horde: 03/13/2019 2:14 PM CET

another month (warning, retarded date format)

M+ leaderboards dominated by horde. Out of 200 places on all run leaderboards in season 4, only 23 (11.5%) are ally.
    Season 3: 17% of top 100.
    Season 2: 9% of top 100
    Season 1: 5% of top 100

(those are way too low amount to actually calculate statistics but you get the idea).
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-12-01 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    No, it just means buff core alliance racials and make alliance on equal footing for raiding. This heavy faction imbalance started after MoP when they began nerfing alliance racials like EMFH. Give alliance races comparative performance racials or at the very least stop designing encounters that give Horde races significant advantage. (Looking at you Zul from Uldir). Most alliance racials are defensive instead offensive, and it fucks alliance when it comes to raiding.
    competitive doesnt work,some will always be better than other,and even the tiniest % matter for world firsts,and we all know that what the top guys do,the scrubs follow their example even if it is irelevant to the rest of us

they could i guess just make the racials be copies,like human and orc has the same one etc

but even if they somehow magicaly make it 100% balanced it wont matter....people wont just switch to aliance all of a sudden because the comunity has already been well established,no1 is gonna uproot themselves and taking a risk because they have a female gnome fetish....

nope...the only true foolproof way to fix this is cross faction play,that way it will be irelevant if 99% are one faction (link capital ah also ofc so the economy is also fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They will allow cross faction play.

Ion talked about it in one launch interview and basically said they like the factions but they will find a way to let you play with friends (in the opposite faction).

Imo, they can easily make a "friendly mode" the same way they make a war mode. The way it read, they have something in the works he can't talk about yet.
    Ion literally said the exact fucking opposite of what you're implying here. "We have nothing to announce," and you interpret that to mean that they've got something in the works. How?

competitive doesnt work,some will always be better than other,and even the tiniest % matter for world firsts,and we all know that what the top guys do,the scrubs follow their example even if it is irelevant to the rest of us

they could i guess just make the racials be copies,like human and orc has the same one etc

but even if they somehow magicaly make it 100% balanced it wont matter....people wont just switch to aliance all of a sudden because the comunity has already been well established,no1 is gonna uproot themselves and taking a risk because they have a female gnome fetish....

nope...the only true foolproof way to fix this is cross faction play,that way it will be irelevant if 99% are one faction (link capital ah also ofc so the economy is also fixed)
    Um how about no? Cross-Faction play is not a solution to the problem, it's a complete bandaid fix that overlooks the balancing issues with the game. How bullshit is it that horde players bitch and moan about one single alliance racial for years, and then once blizzard caves and ruins alliance racials it's suddenly not okay to do balancing? Fuck that, actually fix the game.

For US Realms:
    50.6% Alliance
    49.4% Horde

For EU Realms:
    49.9% Alliance
    50.1% Horde

those stats sadly mean nothing when we look at the results,aliance cant even finish hall of fame,so i have no clue what all those aliance players are doing...pet battles??transmog??erotic rp??? because i can sure as hell tell you they are NOT mythic raiding or doing any form of semi high end content...

not only that but my guild that has been aliance until mid bfa has seen an imense difference when going horde,far more recruitments interested in raiding,and the quality spike among them has also been staggering

Cool. You've established that the easy answer is the correct answer.

Now go ahead and account for the endless number of people who don't post on forums, give less than zero fucks about M+ or Mythic raid progression and would instantly quit the game if Blizzard decided to allow cross-faction play.