Thread: Torghast sucks

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Lucky you ... I spent 90 minutes getting to one boss, looked up Wowhead for advice on how to solo it ... the answer was "you can't"

Unless you are lucky enough to get the power that means things can't target you... of course, in which case anything is soloable.

- - - Updated - - -

Because different people got different last bosses, and there is one dude there that just can't be soloed without extreme luck on the available powers.
    Had no problems with any of them.... and i ran it a couple of times because it is actually fun. I am a hybrid class. But did not have to activly heal once for the bosses. They have mechanics that oneshot you. Nearly everything they do is avoidable. You can even CC them.

Because different people got different last bosses, and there is one dude there that just can't be soloed without extreme luck on the available powers.
    Which boss are you talking about? I've done a dozen runs for fun on my moonkin and haven't encoutered anything like it.
    Honestly, I think people make the mistake of not prioritizing powers to clear the last boss, which is by far the biggest hurdle. All the AoE powers are fun, but they won't help you with the bosses.

And 90 minutes, seriously? Did you do it as a healer? I think my longest level 3 runs clock in at somewhere around fourty minutes to half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    How about reserving judgement on a heavily gated feature until we've seen how it plays out? This is an extremely harsh verdict on something that is clearly an integral part of the gearing progression due to its role in legendary acquisition. The runs I've done were pretty varied and quite entertaining. There were treasures to find, new companions for the adventures to unlock, bosses to fight and fun powers to explore. The challenge will come in higher layers.
    People don’t want to do that at all. They’ve seen a small fraction of torghast and think they’ve seen it all. Will bet there will be much more involved with torghast and expanded upon. These “people” know nothing what they are talking about. It’s only been a week and people are complaining. If it was a month they may have some ground to hate torghast but with it only being a week they have none.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Had no problems with any of them....
    Of course, each person gets different configurations - some people lucked out though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lol... i've done a lot of runs in there and there is nothing i can't solo...
    Well - that's lucky you didn't get the one you can't solo... good for you

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Lucky you ... I spent 90 minutes getting to one boss, looked up Wowhead for advice on how to solo it ... the answer was "you can't"

Unless you are lucky enough to get the power that means things can't target you... of course, in which case anything is soloable.
    Usually when someone says "you can't" it's from a salty point of view. Sure, you might not be able to solo certain bosses if you don't get good upgrades. However, that's how roguelikes like this are. I don't think there is a boss in torghast you can't solo if you have the right powers. There's plenty of ways to gain powers so you sit around 15-16 of them if you scour the area. It's all about increasing your odds.

When I boosted a guildie all we got was utility stuff, so on first floor we reset because it went horribly bad.
    I understand this sort of gameplay is not for everyone though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    And 90 minutes, seriously?
    Yep - clothie, the dual elite packs took a lot of time for each pair (around 8 of the pairs)... that's where most of the time was spent.

Point is - I got to the last boss without dying, took my time ... the last boss however has to be tanked and has a stacking debuff that means you have 90 seconds to kill him before he soft enrages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Usually when someone says "you can't" it's from a salty point of view.
    Well - what ever you call not being able to solo a boss, it isn't just me... wow heads top comments say the same thing

Matter of fact, there are threads about this boss on reddit, blizz forums and wowhead.... all saying the same thing.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-12-01 at 10:25 AM.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The biggest problem of Torghast is the wasted time if you cannot beat the final boss. They really need to change this, I don't want to spend 30-45 minutes per layer to get nothing in the end. This will particularly suck in higher layers and make Torghast unenjoyable for most players later on.

And I really think there needs to be more than just Soulash at the end.
    It's more of a you problem than a game problem, because losing not being equal to winning is kinda the norm. If you can't kill the boss, finish the dungeon, win the battleground... you don't get the prize. That's just how games are.

And getting stuff for the best gear you can get not being enough is kinda funny a as a sentiment.

It's more of a you problem than a game problem
    That's incorrect... if you can clear to the final boss without dying, then the final boss is 1000x harder - that's a tuning problem.

That's the problem here - the final boss isn't at the same difficulty as the rest of the floor.

If it was - then you wouldn't waste your time getting to him, you'd die too often on the way.

Yep - clothie, the dual elite packs took a lot of time for each pair (around 8 of the pairs)... that's where most of the time was spent.

Point is - I got to the last boss without dying, took my time ... the last boss however has to be tanked and has a stacking debuff that means you have 90 seconds to kill him before he soft enrages.
    Avoiding dual elites is totally okay. They give a pittance of currency for the amount of effort you spend on em. I only do them because I can shadowmeld to reset the stacks on the second one.

Again, which boss was it? All of them have the stacking buff you speak of to avoid cheese.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem here - the final boss isn't at the same difficulty as the rest of the floor.
    Of course it is. Bosses in roguelikes are always harder than individual rooms. What do you think you gather all this power for?

Of course it is.
    You may have missed the factual statement that I made ... the end bosses are far too hard compared to the previous content.

Hope that helps with your error.

- - - Updated - - -

there is none i can't solo...
    You've only seen two ...

- - - Updated - - -

Avoiding dual elites is totally okay.
    Well - they couldn't be avoided, they had to be killed - I mean they are standing right in the middle of a corridor with one of them having detect invisible.

But they were beatable, just took some planning.... not talking about stuff which is a bit harder, talking about the impossible end boss.

Who are the best at doing it, my pally tank is killing it in there, no big issue ever. I try to get my judgment as fast as I can and I just murders..

Of course it is. Bosses in roguelikes are always harder than individual rooms. What do you think you gather all this power for?
    lol - I guess everyone is going ignore the facts here, so I'm outta here.

That's incorrect... if you can clear to the final boss without dying, then the final boss is 1000x harder - that's a tuning problem.

If it was - then you wouldn't waste your time getting to him, you'd die too often on the way.
    If it is only you that has this problem and plenty of others tell that they can do it then I suggest that you took the rational approach and accepted that it actually can be done and that you need to learn from your mistakes.

I've asked my mage friends and everyone cleared Torghast this week. None of them complained about it.
    The only "complainer" I've had so far is one of my warrior friends who picked all the meme aoe and speed upgrades the first time and was pikachu-face when he got to the last boss
    But you know what he did? He did it again and picked other upgrades this time.

compared to visions this is very barebones and boring, really no different strats or ways to alter how its played besides hoping for good powers

no... i've done several runs that i did just for fun... i've played it on beta too...
    Don't bother.
    You could link him the mage discord where he could read that mages are fine in Torghast and he would still say it is impossible.

The first impressions are great IMO. The growing power and unique gameplay it brings when collecting the anima nodes is neat. My main concern is that the first weeks are probably just going to be the ash farming portion and almost nothing else. I am hoping they include some form of reward at the end of each run to keep it incentivized if someone just wanted to spam the tower.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The facts are you really should read about your class mechanics and get good. 90 min for a run pretty much shows how bad of a player you are. Don't take it personally and improve, my advice would be joining your class discord.

And yes torghast is boring and easy as fuck facerolled through it with 140ilvl gear both layer 3 wings
    Last edited by Einsz; 2020-12-01 at 10:59 AM.

What facts...? Kinda feels like you try to deflect any personal feelings of inadequacy onto the challenge. Bye bye I guess.

I think that how much fun you have in Torghast is heavily dependent on what class/spec you play. An an example for Shadow Priest it's pretty meh experience because the anima powers (at least those that I have seen so far) for Shadow Priest are pretty weak and uninteresting.

I found it hard to defeat last boss on third layer of upper level with my ilvl160 ret.