Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Considering his term isn't up until the middle of 2021, I'm going to stand by my original statement.
    Huh, I could have sworn that was one that ended with the administration. Right you are, and that's some good news. I still hope nothing happens to his stupid fuckin mug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering his term isn't up until the middle of 2021, I'm going to stand by my original statement.
    No, this is apparently tradition, as reported by many news outlets.

Axios: FCC chairman to depart in January
    Pai's Inauguration Day departure is in keeping with agency tradition, and could set up the Biden administration with a 2-1 Democratic majority at the FCC if the Senate fails to confirm another Trump nominee during the lame-duck period.

TheHill: Pai formally announces plans to leave FCC
    Ajit Pai formally announced Monday that he will leave his position as chair of the Federal Communications Commission on Jan. 20.

Stepping down from the FCC when a new president is inaugurated is an agency tradition.

Politico: Trump's FCC chief leaves legacy of deregulation and 5G fights
    Federal Communications Commission Chair Ajit Pai said Monday that he will step down on the day that President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in.

Pai's departure had been widely expected after President Donald Trump's reelection defeat. It is traditional for FCC chairs to step down in deference to incoming administrations from the opposing party.

Tom Wheeler stepped down on Inauguration Day, 2017.
    Kevin Martin stepped down on Inauguration Day, 2009.
    William Kennard stepped down on Inauguration Day, 2001.
    Alfred Sikes stepped down on Inauguration Day, 1993.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-11-30 at 06:54 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    He is leaving as part of the tradition, which exists largely because he would be kicked out anyway. There is not ship to flee... on January 20th, the ship is sunk.

Everyone is right! Wins for everyone!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    This GAO report says the Labor Dept was counting unemployed people...basically by magic.

Because backlogs in processing a historic volume of claims have led to individuals claiming multiple weeks of benefits at a time for previous weeks of unemployment, as well as other data issues, these traditional estimates have not been appropriate in the context of the pandemic
    "What's the problem?"

Flat-out inability to handle the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This GAO report says the Labor Dept was counting unemployed people...basically by magic.

"What's the problem?"

Flat-out inability to handle the pandemic.
    why do i think this is going to be the standard "finding" when the new administration comes in....that a lot of books were "cooked".
    @Breccia did you see https://www.businessinsider.com/excl...a-risk-2020-11

i know you love trump trade war.

did exactly what everyone said tariffs would do, just drive business to another low wage country not to the us
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i know you love trump trade war.
    I love the people who aren't captured.

Cross-posting because it fits both threads:

Trump's conspiracy theory bullshit is (again) about to get some people hurt.

Proud Boys Member Threatens Armed Revolt Outside Giuliani Meeting: 'Not Going to Stand Back and Stand By Anymore'

A member of the Proud Boys threatened an armed revolt during a "Stop the Steal" rally in Phoenix, Arizona on Monday as President Donald Trump continues to push unverified claims of widespread voter fraud in an attempt to reverse his election defeat.

Speaking at the rally in Phoenix, Arizona—taking place outside of where Rudy Giuliani was meeting with GOP lawmakers to cast doubt on Trump's loss in the state—one member told the crowd, "It is the moment that we've got to fight back."

"At the moment, we're free. But the moment they start trying to take our Constitution is the moment the Second Amendment kicks in," he said. "It's the moment where we've got to start telling them, we're not taking it anymore.

"We're not going to 'stand back and stand by' anymore. We're standing up and going after you if you come after us," the man added.
    Pretty sure everyone--including the FBI--saw this coming and have been quietly preparing for it, but it's still disappointing nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another rat fleeing the sinking ship.

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai will step down on January 20

Pretty sure his only role in the administration was to get Net Neutrality killed off and entertain Trump's notions on Section 230. Not surprising he already understands his ass won't be wanted in the Biden admin.
    Well the ship already sank, all he's doing is pulling the zipper on his own bodybag.
    /s

Dr. Scott Atlas just resigned from the White House Coronavirus Task Force. Not sure how they're going to continue without him, he was truly the heart and soul of that team.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Dr. Scott Atlas just resigned from the White House Coronavirus Task Force. Not sure how they're going to continue without him, he was truly the heart and soul of that team.
    Atlas was considered a Special Government Employee (SGE) serving a 130-day detail, which expires this week

Acting doctor.

Ah so he couldn't grift for 7 more weeks of tax payer money before the entirety sans Fauci is completely replaced on the task force?

I was trying to figure out which department will have the biggest dumpster fire waiting for whoever Biden taps to handle it. I think the EPA and State Department are up there.

161,568 new cases; 1,238 deaths. The total is now 274,332.

I might start going back to my normal format tomorrow since it looks like the numbers are beginning to settle back to "normal". This is the first time we've had 1k+ deaths on a Monday since late May. Some of it is due to unreported deaths from the past few days being added, but we came in just under 1k last Monday so it's very likely that it's fairly accurate.

The number of cases is lower than the previous Monday by around 10-13k or so, but testing has taken a dive across most of the nation since the holiday. Those numbers might pick back up again in a day or so.

Related news:

US coronavirus: Officials worry about hospital capacity as US hits record number of Covid-19 patients hospitalized--I've been beating this drum for ages now but it bears repeating. Or rebeating.

GAO report warns of COVID-19 testing shortages in over half US states, territories--Another bad sign. Testing might not recover, which means we'd have a hard time getting some advance warning of how bad things are and keeping track of infected individuals. Remember that we'll very likely see a spike in a week thanks to Thanksgiving--but if they go untested we won't know it until the deaths roll in a couple weeks later.

U.S. had more COVID cases this month than most countries had all year--What else is there to say? Thanks, TRUMP SHITSHOW.

Stay safe, folks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I was trying to figure out which department will have the biggest dumpster fire waiting for whoever Biden taps to handle it. I think the EPA and State Department are up there.
    That will be a tough trophy to hand out. I would have to say that the State Department would be right up there. The Dept of Education is more than likely also close to the top.

Trump raises more than $150 million appealing to false election claims https://t.co/ItpUAAx7RH
    https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...855584768?s=19

The grifter and conman makes good. I would care or revel in these idiots giving money, but it benefits Trump.

Also in gifting I read tweet of Powell raising funds and another of person needing a new high power computer to scan CNN votes.

We watched four years as the small grifters and cons followed the large one.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Yet another pathetic Trumper inciting violence with death threats.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...ef-shot-441577

Sean Hannity yet again endorsing Corruption.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hann...family-2020-11
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-01 at 08:20 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

off topic whos the poster from OZ on here? I want to know what the think about losing the meme war to china

is it @Elegiac

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet another pathetic Trumper inciting violence with death threats.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...ef-shot-441577

Sean Hannity yet again endorsing Corruption.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hann...family-2020-11

LOL hannity

https://www.thewrap.com/hannity-mock...s-on-his-show/

Not a shock to anyone
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Rudy Giuliani discussed getting preemptive pardon from --
    Oh what the hell did Giuliani do that wasn't just stupid but actually illegal?

Also, fuck blanket pardons. Pre-emptive fuck blanket pardons.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh what the hell did Giuliani do that wasn't just stupid but actually illegal?

Also, fuck blanket pardons. Pre-emptive fuck blanket pardons.
    I'm all for ending blanket pardons, there's no point to them. Pardons should be very specific, end of rine.