Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But that was the whole point of your post. You don't wanna set foot in the because it promotes hardcore culture or something? In which case you'd be wrong because it doesn't. It's just your normal dailies. Torghast is the "hardcore" thing. But that's its own thing only needed for legendaries. Unless the campaign sends you there in which case its instanced to the campaign itself and it isn't hard.
    Every such thread boils down to same thing. I say "I don't like garlic". Others say "Garlic isn't that bad - you should like it".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The souls are from the weekly no?
    So it is 30 mins of involvment per week. The rest ist completly free for you to do or not. In the end you will get to the max rep level with the weekly who give a good chunk.

The rest ist just for the motivated and not really needed tbh. I don't really do the dailies unless i am really bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Also it being on foot only is the best thing they could've done iwth it
    I agree. They put permanent portals there too so I doubt they are putting mounts in there.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's not only casual/hardcore or easy/hard. Sometimes you just don't want to do something for some subjective reasons and that's it. But you're forced and this makes you sad and spoils your experience.
    You'd just come upon the next thing you don't find fun then. Besides, things stop being fun if you do them to much. Having something less fun in between actually keeps the fun things fun for longer. You're trying to hurt yourself here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    The maw is a horrid place. It’s boring, with no real objective. Having no mounts makes it even worse.
    Mounts are boring. Use all the new shiny things that aren't boring instead: new abilities, transportation system, buffs, or special Maw items (like the doggies you get for a minute after killing certain mobs). Boring is clicking your flying mount, flying in a straight line and landing to complete a quest requirement - rince & repeat ad infinitum. That's pretty much the definition of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Every such thread boils down to same thing. I say "I don't like garlic". Others say "Garlic isn't that bad - you should like it".
    Well if you won't say what the issue with the Maw is aside from it being hardcore then I can't help. Which makes me go back to what you said in the OP.

Will Blizzard fix this problem in a nearest future, at least in 9.1, or we are doomed to have this problem till the end of SL?
    I'm sorry but that makes it a you problem and not a problem in general. Because as many people have said, it's not hardcore. You just don't like going in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    i disagree on it being mandatory, it gives you account-wide torghast upgrades and that's it.

Also it being on foot only is the best thing they could've done iwth it
    Doesn't the rep from there give you the option to add sockets to every piece of gear?

Anyway, I don't see why on foot is a good thing. I'm all against flying, but travelling on foot is so fundamentally unfun that it's the reason I don't bother with Maw.

They should probably make the content weekly.

But other than that I really enjoy the somewhat more inconvenient, hostile feel of the maw.
    I assume that the updates will make it more convenient over time.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's not hardcore. How is it hardcore? It's just two dailies at the moment there. And the Ve'nari quests are weekly. You just have to kill a bunch of mobs and that's it. No different from any other quest or the covenant campaign for that matter.
    bro this guy's definition of hardcore is anything harder than an Elwynn Wolf

7200 stygia just to add a socket to one piece.

Jesus.

Soulbind conduits - you better run Mythic dungeons if you wanna upgrade this gear for raids. I don't like dungeons. I like raids.

Or, spend 500 stygia to upgrade all your low lvl conduits and after spending 50k, you can upgrade your soulbind.

Jesus.

Fuck Maw.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I wouldn't call it hardcore but tedious. The no mount policy is to blame here as with mounts it would be as any other zone: you mount up and rush past any mobs until you reach your destination. But as it stands now, having to run your way around this place is just unbearable. Good thing there is not much to do there other than a few quests and the rare kill train which im not interested into.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Mounts are boring. Use all the new shiny things that aren't boring instead: new abilities, transportation system, buffs, or special Maw items (like the doggies you get for a minute after killing certain mobs). Boring is clicking your flying mount, flying in a straight line and landing to complete a quest requirement - rince & repeat ad infinitum. That's pretty much the definition of boring.
    kyrian ability doesn't make me move faster.
    transport system doesn't show up on the map, i'll probably use it when i get an addon that puts it on the map and shows where it goes.
    the dog mounts are nice but i'm still spending more time on foot walking than a actually doing content.

if flying in a straight line is boring, walking in a straight line KNOWING it doesn't have to be this bad is worse. (and yeah, i think i walked like 800 yards on the roads today on the way to the daily quest before a dog guy passed along)

A quick fix would be to just add a mount that only works there that you cna aquire after a week or two.

Also .. being objectiveless .. just running around and killing whatever named mob you find is indeed really really boring.

No one tells you to go in there and always go for Eye-5. Just do the 2 dailies in there and go out, doesnt even take 10 minutes to do then.
    You call yourself a "casual" gamer, so why do you need to go ham and get stuff instantly? Just stay calm and do it slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    A quick fix would be to just add a mount that only works there that you cna aquire after a week or two.
    funny. very f unny.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post

Also .. being objectiveless .. just running around and killing whatever named mob you find is indeed really really boring.
    Exactly this is the case, when the new corridor opens. Upon reaching layer 18(?) you get a mount that can walk in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    No one tells you to go in there and always go for Eye-5. Just do the 2 dailies in there and go out, doesnt even take 10 minutes to do then.
    You call yourself a "casual" gamer, so why do you need to go ham and get stuff instantly? Just stay calm and do it slowly.
    takes more than 10 minutes just to walk to the dailies.

and honestly, it's just a matter of time until you get a renown quest or something that does actually matter that's in a part of the maw gated behind venari rep.

Just because you can do content doesn't mean you have to do that content. The Maw is not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    takes more than 10 minutes just to walk to the dailies.

and honestly, it's just a matter of time until you get a renown quest or something that does actually matter that's in a part of the maw gated behind venari rep.
    Not really, I finish both dailies in 10ish minutes, after that I go for named enemies. I don't need more than 20/25 minutes per day for the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I still wouldn't call that mandatory. Compared to how much ash legendaries need and how much ash torghast awards, 120 ash from a mission table is a minor boost at best.
    Also, I could be Wrong, but the Mission Table is not Located in the Maw, At least mine is where the rest of my Covenant is.