Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Want more sources of gold

Dungeons give barely anything, even with in demand bonus. Torghast gives nothing, nor does pvp. Neither do pet battles. World quests give a little bit. Command table gives a little. Daily calling gives 1k? Levelling netted me 4k for 50-60 while herb and mining during that time got 20k. So quests give barely anything.

I'd like to see more sources of gold. I wonder if it's still the WoD and Legion inflation making gold rewards so small relative to AH. Probably never going fully away?

Passive gold income will only make prices go up and make gold more worthless dont make wow zimbabwe 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    check worthit addon. it tells you which gold farm gives the best value for your time. the AH is the intended way to make gold so just farm things to sell. don't farm raw gold.

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Passive gold income will only make prices go up and make gold more worthless dont make wow zimbabwe 2.0
    But none of these is passive income. They all require action.

I did 50-60 on my Druid alt by doing nothing but herbalism & mining in Bastion. Took about 13 hours & netted me well over 500k gold. If you can deal with the absolute tedious nature of it then it's pretty damn amazing. Sure it takes 5~ hours longer than powering through quests, but getting paid is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I did 50-60 on my Druid alt by doing nothing but herbalism & mining in Bastion. Took about 13 hours & netted me well over 500k gold. If you can deal with the absolute tedious nature of it then it's pretty damn amazing. Sure it takes 5~ hours longer than powering through quests, but getting paid is fun.
    yep, doing the same thing with my pally... lvling with herb and mining in Bastion, even thou the prices already are slowly getting to a stable normal prices that will stay until flying....and ofc its up to the server, i think i'll prolly net some cca 250k

Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    yep, doing the same thing with my pally... lvling with herb and mining in Bastion, even thou the prices already are slowly getting to a stable normal prices that will stay until flying....and ofc its up to the server, i think i'll prolly net some cca 250k
    My server is medium pop so prices tend to be fairly high. We also pay higher than most servers for things like flasks though, so it all balances out in the end. We've been using the free transfers from the bigger realms to funnel over millions of gold worth of cheap materials, as stuff on Draenor & similar servers often go for less than half the price.

I'm probably going to level my next alt with herbing/mining as well. Just throw on some football & turn the brain off

Daily covenant quest rewards that satchel that has 3k+ worth of vendor trash for 15 min of world quests in another zone....

1k gold per day (it's actually more) ist more than enough for casual play though. And since you don't want to do any work, you are by definition a casual.

And if you don't like the AH, why do you need gold anyways? repair costs are not that high...
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-01 at 02:35 PM.

Buying and selling a token on the AH might be an option.

Yeah need gold sources for the goods. I think people hack yo. No way you can reach gold caps on multiple toons yo. Unless you win /roll bets. But HOW

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been happy with gold income so far. I was surprised that those bonus bags from dungeons give 1kg. I've been making like 3k/hr while leveling alts with it. Herbs/ore and stat food are all still fairly lucrative as well right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Dungeons give barely anything, even with in demand bonus. Torghast gives nothing, nor does pvp. Neither do pet battles. World quests give a little bit. Command table gives a little. Daily calling gives 1k? Levelling netted me 4k for 50-60 while herb and mining during that time got 20k. So quests give barely anything.

I'd like to see more sources of gold. I wonder if it's still the WoD and Legion inflation making gold rewards so small relative to AH. Probably never going fully away?
    I've made over 100k gold already by selling herbs and skins? what are you talking about? I made around 10k just from leveling and selling green / gray items.

Just sell carries or if you can't do that rare world mount spawns.

I understand collecting gold as an end in itself, but how do people need so much of it that buying a token every once in a while isn't enough?

I rarely sell anything in the AH, yet i still make thousands a week with old raids and trash ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    But none of these is passive income. They all require action.
    Well then, go take action.

Don't expect to get gold just for logging in FFS.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so you want more options, even though there's plenty of options? You just don't like many of the openly valid options out there. It's a fresh expansion. Farm herbs and ore. Sell them on AH. Most of it will sell before you're even finished putting everything you have to sell on the AH.

I made over 300k during release week just with random shit that happened on the side.

If that's not enough idk what you're trying to accomplish. If you're after literal millions of gold, you'll need to play the AH or do some serious boosting. Anything less than that is easily covered by fairly mundane stuff.

Must be great not being on a server where prices where completely destroyed in 3 days of the expansion launching, some ores went from 500 to 50 ._.