Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Had the same Logitech G600 for years, it has lasted through two builds. once in a blue moon the keybinds will get wonky for no reason but it is rare and easy to fix. If mine broke I would buy another in a sec, wish I could get just one more button on the right side though.

I got 2 nagas and they got the same problem with the pad, after some months they will lose inputs.

After nagas, I went for Corsair Scimitarra and it is 10 times better.

I will never take anything from Razer again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    12 thumb buttons is excessive, IMO. Mine has 6 and while I may be using all modifiers (shift, alt, and crtl), there are still some combinations unbound despite using lots of additional focus macros/arena 1 2 3 macros.
    The 6 buttons are also much more accesible than having an entire numblock on your thumb.
    That being said... if you get used to that and feel comfortable, more power to you!
    It's far from excessive. There is not a single of those 12 keys that I dont utilize daily on all characters. If you have the right macros and keybinds, it is incredibly helpful.

In fact, I could even go with another row of 4 without issue.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like multi-button mice may work well for a lot of people but Razer is best avoided. Certainly reflects my experience - I had a Razer mouse with quite a few buttons (not 12 though I think) a long time back, and it lasted just over a year. My current Logitech has lasted several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgrock View Post
    What exactly is the advantage of binding to the keyboard when you can bind to the 12 buttons right by your thumb without ever moving your left hand from shift+wad?
    Genuine question.
    Depends on a lot of individual factors. For some people, especially fast/experienced typists who work with tech and use a lot of shortcuts, doing key combos with the left hand is incredibly fast and natural. For other people, their mouse grip style is going to impact whether mice with side buttons work well for them. People with the conventional "palm" grip can use mice with a lot of side buttons more easily than those with the faster and more precise fingertip grip, and some of the mice with lots of side buttons are just an accident waiting to happen for people with claw grips. Personally my grip is fingertip, and after 32 years of using a mouse that's unlikely to change - it means I generally want a mouse that's light, too, which ones with a lot of side buttons are not.

Further, how well you can find the right button in those 12 or so side buttons is going to depend on a lot of factors, again including how you grip the mouse. I'm kind of skeptical that pressing one tiny button in a grid of 12 is going to be any quicker than pressing shift+e or the like, but again I don't have a palm grip and I do have decades of experience using keyboard shortcuts and the like literally every day.

Personally I haven't been able to find a mouse with a lot of buttons that suits me, because of the grip issue and these mice all being heavy (even before weights) and palm-grip shaped. I don't know why someone hasn't made a mouse with the buttons up a bit more and maybe tilted into the side. There some which sorta-kinda do that, with fewer buttons (502G, Ironclaw Wireless - oddly not the wired version), but again they're heavy, palm-grip mice. All I really would need is like four or five more buttons than normal on a light, wide mouse, but it doesn't exist.

The other advantage of a keyboard is that if your mouse dies, particularly if it's a model no longer made, you don't have to re-learn a bunch of stuff. And these kind of mice die a lot (often with the left click going or starting to double-click, even on ones that supposedly have tens of millions of clicks in then). Keyboards are more or less universally proportioned.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I made a thread the other day and I was surprised people kept mentioning mmo-specific mice and that one in particular. Is it really the best choice (on average)?
    Corsair Scimitar Pro is what I use.

I have used Razer MMO mice for 10 years previously and will not go back to them after using this mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What is the cheaper alternative that you’re using?
    Reddragon, I think an M901

I initially bought one of their bigger ones (I think it was an M908) but it was too big for my hands, so that one is now a backup. This is my every day mouse for work and gaming now.

It's already outlasted the razers and I like the software much better. It's uglier but it also actually works and doesn't need to be online.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    left click problem with the naga?

Had 2x logitech g600 and 2x razer naga - all didnt last 6 months ... such a shame.
    I had three that had click issues with the main buttons (I dont recall which, except that one was clicks not registering and the others were unwanted double click), and I had one where the mouse wheel scroll would "bounce" effectively making it impossible to use the wheel to scroll to anything cos it would go down and back up again. That same one with the mouse wheel also had a dead side button for about 6 months that I was just tolerating -- normally I use all 12 in WoW -- but once the wheel went, it had to go.

Supposedly all these problems are fixable yourself if you take apart the mouse, maybe a little solder, but I shouldn't have to do that with an expensive mouse after (in several cases) less than a year. The one I had that lasted the longest was the og Naga that made it close to two years, but the other three were Chromas, which were almost $200 retail initially, and none of them made it a year. My fourth and final one was actually a refurb from Razer from the warranty, but they dont give refurbs a fresh warranty, so if they die after the original's warranty would have expired you're fucked, which is what happened.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-12-01 at 06:50 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I've had the G600 and the Naga. The G600 was far superior. I only got the Naga because there were no more G600 that I could find locally. The software is unintuitive and no matter what settings I use it always bugs me to install some update or other software I don't want. As far as I'm concerned the software is malware and I will never buy another of their product. I don't think the G600 is made anymore so my next mouse will probably be a cheap brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I bought a Corsair Scimitar when Legion launched and as the user above me said I can’t imagine to play WoW without it...
    It’s really a blessing to have 12 key Indus at the reach of my thumb

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    It's far from excessive. There is not a single of those 12 keys that I dont utilize daily on all characters. If you have the right macros and keybinds, it is incredibly helpful.

In fact, I could even go with another row of 4 without issue.
    It's really dependant on what you're used to. As I said, sub rogue isn't a class with few buttons and I'm still absolutely fine with my setup. Were I to play with the typical MMO-mouse, I don't doubt I'd grow accustomed to the point of anything else feeling inadequate!

Another factor is how your hand is shaped. Mine comes with extremely long fingers, for some reason, which disqualifies certain mice right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgrock View Post
    What exactly is the advantage of binding to the keyboard when you can bind to the 12 buttons right by your thumb without ever moving your left hand from shift+wad?
    Genuine question.
    You can reverse the question, and it'd be the same. Many high-level players (arena in particular, but pve as well) use both mouse buttons to move (Reckful was a prime example of this, RIP. I believe Pikaboo does as well). A lot of people also just use W+RMB to move for a similar effect, which frees up ASD as binds. Personally it felt weird to me when I tried, but it's a very effective keybinding route.

There's not really an 'advantage' either way. People claiming you need a 12 button mouse to be 'efficient' or 'good' are flat out wrong.

eta: Longevity is also a thing. I've had my deathadder for 9 years, using it for 10+ hours every single day (work, and gaming), and it's still as fine as the day I bought it. There's a reason it's the most highly-rated gaming mouse.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2020-12-01 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelseries Sensei
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

A working one. Cant get worse, cant get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    I have Hama uRage MMORPG mouse (kinda old one and cheap) but it's amazing.
    I assume Naga or other high-profile mouses are great, but they are expensive.
    I have the same mouse and can confirm it is amazing, but its not Hama, this design was used by other companies so it may be called differently.
    My friend has exactly the same mouse but with different logo and colors (and its not UtechSmart).

For example on amazon its called UtechSmart:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/UtechSmart-.../dp/B00FNKMVUO
    (exactly the same mouse)

for reference hama looks like this:
    https://www.hama.com/00113730/urage-...g-gaming-mouse

So there were at least 3 companies producing the same mouse. This is probably the most ergonomic mouse i have ever owned.

On the other hand i find logitech too small and not really palm grip. Razer has god awful software, our raider got disconnected from game because of mouse software issues during raid.

I did replace microswitches in my mouse already but I use it extensively and no mouse ever lived more than 2 years including very expensive ones. So I always have to buy omron D2FC-F-7N(20M) microswitches and replace them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I have the same mouse and can confirm it is amazing, but its not Hama, this design was used by other companies so it may be called differently.
    My friend has exactly the same mouse but with different logo and colors (and its not UtechSmart).

For example on amazon its called UtechSmart:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/UtechSmart-.../dp/B00FNKMVUO
    (exactly the same mouse)

for reference hama looks like this:
    https://www.hama.com/00113730/urage-...g-gaming-mouse

So there were at least 3 companies producing the same mouse. This is probably the most ergonomic mouse i have ever owned.

On the other hand i find logitech too small and not really palm grip. Razer has god awful software, our raider got disconnected from game because of mouse software issues during raid.

I did replace microswitches in my mouse already but I use it extensively and no mouse ever lived more than 2 years including very expensive ones. So I always have to buy omron D2FC-F-7N(20M) microswitches and replace them myself.
    Oh I didn't know that.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Been using a Razer Naga for 8 years and will continue to do so.
    This.

I'm on my second on in 9ish years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    Oh I didn't know that.
    Thanks!
    Oh i found another one:
    https://www.titanwolf-gaming.de/gauntlet-2
    and another one:
    https://www.lioncast.com/en/product/lm30-gaming-mouse/

That makes it at least 5 the same mouses from 5 different companies.

Is this mouse open source or what? I suspect its actually some Chinese company that produces it and licenses it for different companies.

But having said that, this is really good mouse, best one I had.

I got a Naga and every time it breaks down I just ask a refund from amazon
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

I dont find dedicated MMO mouses to be worth it. The buttons can be janky to use efficently. On my druid, or most chars I can get by in-game with around 30 keybinds.

I will ALWAYS say Logitech because not of features that most people care about, but because of their patentented scroll wheel - Its 111/10 gut mode...I cant use other mouses that dont have fast scroll. Will never happen...Which sucks, cause I would like to look into lightweight 50-80 gram mouses, that slides well etc, but meeh...

I use a very old g500s. It has 3 great buttons on the side I can use easy and fast - Open my bags, auto walk and tab target...Yes tab target, something thats crucial to do fast in wow, I can handle with my mouse, its nice - Buttons has to be easy to use, which was not the case on my old Steelseries orginale wow mouse.

Edit: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego.../CH-9000091-NA Some1 linked this...See I can already tell you this does not work, at all. You just cant effectively use all these buttons, it becomes a mess. I do however love a lot of corsair products, the K70 keyboard I have had for 5 years now is A M A Z I N G.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-12-02 at 02:07 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I dont find dedicated MMO mouses to be worth it. The buttons can be janky to use efficently. On my druid, or most chars I can get by in-game with around 30 keybinds.

I will ALWAYS say Logitech because not of features that most people care about, but because of their patentented scroll wheel - Its 111/10 gut mode...I cant use other mouses that dont have fast scroll. Will never happen...Which sucks, cause I would like to look into lightweight 50-80 gram mouses, that slides well etc, but meeh...

I use a very old g500s. It has 3 great buttons on the side I can use easy and fast - Open my bags, auto walk and tab target...Yes tab target, something thats crucial to do fast in wow, I can handle with my mouse, its nice - Buttons has to be easy to use, which was not the case on my old Steelseries orginale wow mouse.

Edit: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego.../CH-9000091-NA Some1 linked this...See I can already tell you this does not work, at all. You just cant effectively use all these buttons, it becomes a mess. I do however love a lot of corsair products, the K70 keyboard I have had for 5 years now is A M A Z I N G.
    You are not suppose to put entire rotation on this mouse, It works well for stuff that you occasionally use like mouting, opening up group interface, toggling autorun and other utility stuff.

Razer Naga, all the way. I want my 12 side buttons. I also like that as mice go, it's not too big for my hands.