View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
Page 1 of 120
... LastLast

Horde Shadowlands -- Castle Nathria World First [Megathread]

With week 1 about to end, the countdown to World First Castle Nathria is upon us as well as the race to Mythic Castle Nathria World First the following week. Limit claimed N'zoth World First earlier this year. Will we see Method make a come back?

As the race continues, the OP will be continuously updated with news and kill confirms.

Race concluded on December 23rd, 2020 with Complexity Limit claiming World First!
    World First Mythic Sire Denathrius: COMPLEXITY LIMIT

World First Mythic Stone Legion Generals: Complexity Limit

World First Mythic Sludgefist:Complexity Limit

World First Mythic Lady Inerva Darkvein:Complexity Limit

World First Mythic Hungering Destroyer::Lazarus Imperative

World First Mythic Council of Blood:Complexity Limit

World First Mythic Sun King's Salvation:BIG DUMB GUILD

World First Mythic Artificer Xy'mox:Complexity Limit

World First Mythic Huntsman Altimor: BIG DUMB GUILD

World First Mythic Shriekwing:BIG DUMB GUILD

World First Heroic Sire Denathrius: Complexity Limit

WoW Progress

STREAMS:
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2020-12-23 at 10:38 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Its probably gonna be either Limit or Echo that takes it ( depending on how well prepared Echo is after the Method collapse )
    I don't quite think Method has the footing at this time to be a serious contender this tier, I could be wrong but thats my 2 cents.

Maybe we are lucky and someone lower ranked in BFA will rise up and challenge the top dogs, that would certainly shake things up a bit.

I'd be surprised if Limit doesn't win this pretty comfortably, they looked strong in Ny'alotha and their competition has splintered/had to rebuild (till some extent) etc. Granted weirder things have happened but betting on another guild seems stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Its probably gonna be either Limit or Echo that takes it ( depending on how well prepared Echo is after the Method collapse )
    I don't quite think Method has the footing at this time to be a serious contender this tier, I could be wrong but thats my 2 cents.

Maybe we are lucky and someone lower ranked in BFA will rise up and challenge the top dogs, that would certainly shake things up a bit.
    Method collapsed ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    With week 1 about to end, the countdown to World First Castle Nathria is upon us as well as the race to Mythic Castle Nathria World First the following week. Limit claimed N'zoth World First earlier this year. Will we see Method make a come back?

As the race continues, the OP will be continuously updated with news and kill confirms.
    Method aint comin' back from that stain of letting sexual abuse slide. Forever tainted.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

I'm curious what impact the new loot system will have. I've heard world first raiders are levelling 5 of the same class and they'll play the one that gets luckiest in heroic week.

Is Method even in the race to begin with...? I thought they imploded spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Is Method even in the race to begin with...? I thought they imploded spectacularly.
    They did.
    Sco rebuild the guild with mostly fresh faces and hopes to be able to compete next tier.
    They will clear the current tier but nothing top10 worthy, they are just setting up the guild and figuring out the roster etc.

Method will win like 99% of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    They will clear the current tier but nothing top10 worthy, they are just setting up the guild and figuring out the roster etc.
    They rebuild in Legion as well and got one world first, other bosses 2nd or 3rd so will be top10 worthy.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-11-30 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    They did.
    Sco rebuild the guild with mostly fresh faces and hopes to be able to compete next tier.
    They will get top ten because they'll still be raiding 6-7 days a week & do have some quality players in the new roster. They're not really in with a chance of winning, though.

Smart money is on Limit. I think it'll be a relatively short tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    Method aint comin' back from that stain of letting sexual abuse slide. Forever tainted.
    I've seen mostly warm reception for their rebuild. Some people will choose to be outraged no matter what, but hate only makes your own life harder.

I'm excited for it.

Granted, it might just be a two guild race, but it seems that more guilds are going to try for it, which means more streams to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Method will win like 99% of time.

They rebuild in Legion as well and got one world first, other bosses 2nd or 3rd so will be top10 worthy.
    They didn't rebuild their entire fucking roster nor did said roster name-change the guild without their old GM, Sco. I'll say it now: If Method finishes higher than World 20th I will drink an entire glass of water.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They didn't rebuild their entire fucking roster nor did said roster name-change the guild without their old GM, Sco. I'll say it now: If Method finishes higher than World 20th I will drink an entire glass of water.
    What are their raiding hours like? If the players they got were in top 20ish guilds before they definitely will rank that high if they raid long hours. Granted I don't expect them to do very well either, I wonder if they even have the level of funding/help from players Echo does without a strong streaming presence outside of Sco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    I'm curious what impact the new loot system will have. I've heard world first raiders are levelling 5 of the same class and they'll play the one that gets luckiest in heroic week.
    Any evidence for this? Or just another rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Since Covenants can't be swapped easily, having multiple versions of the same toon with different Covenants has a tertiary benefit if one Covenant is better for specific encounters. But split raiding exists mostly to funnel gear to specific toons so it's unlikely that the people are rolling multiples of the same class just to tilt RNG in their favor as the guy you quoted would suggest.

I think the sole hours they put into the game will make them quite high. Didn't Kungen rebuild nihilum in Legion or smth and they finished 20th or so? And their player quality nor leader was no where close even to the new Method.

Since Covenants can't be swapped easily, having multiple versions of the same toon with different Covenants has a tertiary benefit if one Covenant is better for specific encounters. But split raiding exists mostly to funnel gear to specific toons so it's unlikely that the people are rolling multiples of the same class just to tilt RNG in their favor as the guy you quoted would suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Gingi plays 3 hunters with the same covenant. Source: his stream. So I bet there will be others doing that as well.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-12-01 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Gingi plays 3 hunters with the same covenant. Source: his stream.
    One thing I didn't consider is the fact that with the removal of TFing this kind of thing does make a little bit more sense than it did in previous expansions. Hard to say if it'll become the new meta -- we'll find out after this tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    I think the sole hours they put into the game will make them quite high. Didn't Kungen rebuild nihilum in Legion or smth and they finished 20th or so? And their player quality nor leader was no where close even to the new Method.
    Forgive me because I do not care much about the EU raiding scene at all but how many hours is the new Method planning to sink into progression?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

i highly doubt with the implosion of method earlier this year they will be contenders but im open to suprises

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    The drama has died ages ago, like any others. People moved on and Method will be back. Will they manage to compete for WF, though?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.