Poll: Should we wipe gold?

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Absolutely not. This IS how a majority of players make their money. Mages pulling whole instances, priests/hunters/locks/mages and some duos farming DM:E. Rogues farming BRD pickpocketing. Mages farming ZG. This is what made the gold inflation in the first place was people spamming dungeons over and over and over and over and over again with no competition. This is why they had to hotfix the dungeon caps per day because they thought it was getting out of hand. But in TBC, there isn't a real way to do this. You are going to be FORCED to farm out in the world, so all those players who have been sitting in their own dungeons all of classic raking in all this cash are ALLLL going to be in a couple spots fighting over these resources now because they can't sit in dungeons all day anymore. And if you don't have an epic flyer, GOOD LUCK getting anything of value.

Unless there comes some major discovery in tbc when it's released (I can't really think of anything off the top of my head) dungeon farming is going to be all but dead just because of how the dungeon layouts are, and how almost every single mob has stealth detection, you can't just run to a boss undetected and solo it for it's goods.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to be super clear about this when I talk about this subject here. It is not about destroying someone elses work just because they are ahead of me. I am sitting on 15kish gold across all my toons, this change will without a doubt be a negative for me. This is about the health of the game for the majority of players. Your selfishness can actually impact a majority of players experience in this game and actually ruin the game as a whole just because you think you deserve something when in reality you were never promised a thing.

If you look at these issues objectively and not emotionally you might get a better understanding of what is wrong right now.
    Yes, you've been 'super clear' about not telling us why you deserve to be the one that decides this. I AM looking at it objectively. YOU dont have a right to decide what happens to someone's work. period full stop. I notice you are more than happy to let folks keep all their gear, mats, and experience, why are you targetting gold? Wait, I know the answer to this one, you've tipped your hand in your other comments.

I am on the side of no transfers at all... you wanna play TBC 'classic' you start from 0. 0 gold, 0 experience, 0 gear.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Yes, you've been 'super clear' about not telling us why you deserve to be the one that decides this. I AM looking at it objectively. YOU dont have a right to decide what happens to someone's work. period full stop. I notice you are more than happy to let folks keep all their gear, mats, and experience, why are you targetting gold? Wait, I know the answer to this one, you've tipped your hand in your other comments.

I am on the side of no transfers at all... you wanna play TBC 'classic' you start from 0. 0 gold, 0 experience, 0 gear.
    I am in no way acting like I am making this decision come on dude lol. I'm pointing out the issues that come from transferring over characters onto a tbc realm with this amount of inflation.

And yeah, I would personally like the servers to open up with a complete fresh start too, I'm all for that. I'm just talking about if they do allow xfers, what I think they need to do in order for this to be the least broken experience. I have already explained that to you.

If this is the case, then why would you care if they deleted the gold in the first place? It doesn’t matter right?
    It doesn't and i dont care.

They should delete every ones classic chars for what it matters, not like there worth anything anyway as stagnant bits of data.

But im not the one getting my knickers in a twist and make threads over things that litteraly dont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    It doesn't and i dont care.

They should delete every ones classic chars for what it matters, not like there worth anything anyway as stagnant bits of data.

But im not the one getting my knickers in a twist and make threads over things that litteraly dont matter.
    This is a forum for video games dude. Of course none of this matters, it's just a place to post ideas and discussions. If you are so above any of this then maybe a forum isn't the place for you lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in no way acting like I am making this decision come on dude lol. I'm pointing out the issues that come from transferring over characters onto a tbc realm with this amount of inflation.

And yeah, I would personally like the servers to open up with a complete fresh start too, I'm all for that. I'm just talking about if they do allow xfers, what I think they need to do in order for this to be the least broken experience. I have already explained that to you.
    Come on dude... its a 0-0-0 thing or its a 100-100-100 thing... how is it even remotely fair any other way? Hint: (It's not). Which is a huge reason your idea has no merit whatsoever.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Come on dude... its a 0-0-0 thing or its a 100-100-100 thing... how is it even remotely fair any other way? Hint: (It's not). Which is a huge reason your idea has no merit whatsoever.
    Why do you think that? Why do you think it's fair to delete everyone characters and start fresh, but it isn't fair if you just remove their gold? Honest question.

I'm pointing out the issues that come from transferring over characters onto a tbc realm with this amount of inflation.

And yeah, I would personally like the servers to open up with a complete fresh start too, I'm all for that.
    I think you've done a good job explaining everything up to this point. I need to give it more thought but I think I could be convinced that the best option is to open new realms for TBC only, without the possibility of transfers from current Classic realms which would never advance beyond 60.
    Personally I think it would be more fun to start over, not continue from 60. But if Blizzard wants to advance the current realms into TBC, I say don't delete the gold. Let the player activity move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think that? Why do you think it's fair to delete everyone characters and start fresh, but it isn't fair if you just remove their gold? Honest question.
    the only 'fair' way is to not allow transfers at all. Anything less is intellectually dishonest... why should you get to start TBC at 60 when the new folk have to start at 0? Why should you get to keep your gear if the new folks have to start with none? Wouldn't either of those be just as unfair and 'broken' as allowing folks to keep their gold? (hint, the honest answer here is 'yes, it would be as broken').

the only 'fair' way is to not allow transfers at all. Anything less is intellectually dishonest... why should you get to start TBC at 60 when the new folk have to start at 0? Why should you get to keep your gear if the new folks have to start with none? Wouldn't either of those be just as unfair and 'broken' as allowing folks to keep their gold? (hint, the honest answer here is 'yes, it would be as broken').
    Okay so now you're saying this is a 'fair' thing, and now you are saying that letting everyone keep everything is a bad idea too even though you literally just said
    Come on dude... its a 0-0-0 thing or its a 100-100-100 thing... how is it even remotely fair any other way?
    I can't keep up with your arguments. Before I even address this you need to be super clear about what you're arguing for. Are you saying we shouldn't keep anything at all even remotely and just start fresh? Or are you saying we should either start fresh or keep everything? Because you haven't been very.....solid on anything you have said here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so now you're saying this is a 'fair' thing, and now you are saying that letting everyone keep everything is a bad idea too even though you literally just said

I can't keep up with your arguments. Before I even address this you need to be super clear about what you're arguing for. Are you saying we shouldn't keep anything at all even remotely and just start fresh? Or are you saying we should either start fresh or keep everything? Because you haven't been very.....solid on anything you have said here.
    You aren't even trying... I'm done wasting my time... Good luck trying to convince Blizzard of 1) your sincerity, and 2) of the merit of your idea.

You aren't even trying... I'm done wasting my time... Good luck trying to convince Blizzard of 1) your sincerity, and 2) of the merit of your idea.
    No I am trying my dude you have changed your argument 3 times already and I am trying to figure out what you're actually saying lol let me just highlight your inconsistencies

the only 'fair' way is to not allow transfers at all.
    its a 0-0-0 thing or its a 100-100-100 thing... how is it even remotely fair any other way
    Shocking, that people that worked for something get to enjoy it while those that didn't dont... I'm still waiting on what entitles you to destroy someone else's work.
    And I'm still waiting on a rational reason why you believe you deserve to destroy anyone else's work.
    Look at these arguments you have made dude, you are actually all over the place. One can assume by reading any one of your posts you are either for no gold wipes, no wiping anything all, and wiping everything all at the same time.

This is a forum for video games dude. Of course none of this matters, it's just a place to post ideas and discussions. If you are so above any of this then maybe a forum isn't the place for you lol.
    current video games, there a big difference between a modern or current title vs a remastered addition.

i could go indepth on the meta for age of empires, that has a remastered release, but most would agree its of little consiquence what you do nowadays, years ago when it first came out it spawned many lengthy disscusions on the meta and how to counter it back in the old aol days. but now no ones bothered what you do. thats how these things work, classic and for that matter tbc if it comes out has much bigger issues that mean taking it seriously at least to the point where worring about gold is just pointless, its NOT a competative game, it IS just a bit of fun, stop stessing it, its not a game thats going to treat some one that bothered by the small details of it that kindly, its like an old car, you dont buy it for its reliability or its speed in a race, it is what it is and what happens happens enjoy it or play something else, but getting upset over gold in classic wow is like getting upset over the consistancy of a tiddly wink, its just pointless stress.

current video games, there a big difference between a modern or current title vs a remastered addition.

i could go indepth on the meta for age of empires, that has a remastered release, but most would agree its of little consiquence what you do nowadays, years ago when it first came out it spawned many lengthy disscusions on the meta and how to counter it back in the old aol days. but now no ones bothered what you do. thats how these things work, classic and for that matter tbc if it comes out has much bigger issues that mean taking it seriously at least to the point where worring about gold is just pointless, its NOT a competative game, it IS just a bit of fun, stop stessing it, its not a game thats going to treat some one that bothered by the small details of it that kindly, its like an old car, you dont buy it for its reliability or its speed in a race, it is what it is and what happens happens enjoy it or play something else, but getting upset over gold in classic wow is like getting upset over the consistancy of a tiddly wink, its just pointless stress.
    There is a difference....TO YOU. There may not be a difference to others. Not really sure why I need to explain this.

There is a difference....TO YOU. There may not be a difference to others. Not really sure why I need to explain this.
    there is a difference to others, how many wc3 remastered topics come up here or anywhere? or any topics on remastered things, go look at the classic forums here, its basicly dead bar a few die hards, thats not to say the games dead or there not many playing, clearly there is, its just these games are solved problems and as such very very few people are actualy bothered about the nuance to discuss or stress over it.

no ones bothered if some rich andy on classic gets to take his hord of gold to tbc, no ones bothered who kills what first just like barely any one knows the name of the top classic guilds.

if classic / classic tbc was a new game, with a modern meta and active legit and fair competative element then it would be worth getting this upset over, but its not, just enjoy it and have fun for what it is before its gone again.

look at it this way, who cares whos rich in classic wow after nax has been and gone, everyone is gonna get the chance to go and kill the things in nax if they want to, you will have seen all your phases and then thats it on to tbc, rich or poor you got the leveling, you got the raid tiers and you got the lot.

tbc is just the same, bunch of phases, every one will go through all the odl raids, people will be some how shocked at how easy they are to roll over and then it will be all done and you may get wotlk and every oen will jump off to there, or that will be it just a bunch of people stuck in time on a mountain of gold thats useless because they have everything.

its meaningless for the simple economic reasons classic/classic tbc will eventualy just be groundhog day, only you get to keep what you acuire each day, without the unknown of a long future to invest towards, and without new things comming along to suck gold out of the hords, it just becomes stuff for no purpose at the end.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-12-01 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Because it's my gold. I earned it. Of course I'm going to defend keeping it. Why would I not?
    Because the game would be healthier with a reset.

Are you a republican, by any chance?

there isnt a difference to others, how many wc3 remastered topics come up here or anywhere? or any topics on remastered things, go look at the classic forums here, its basicly dead bar a few die hards, thats not to say the games dead or there not many playing, clearly there is, its just these games are solved problems and as such very very few people are actualy bothered about the nuance to discuss or stress over it.

no ones bothered if some rich andy on classic gets to take his hord of gold to tbc, no ones bothered who kills what first just like barely any one knows the name of the top classic guilds.

if classic / classic tbc was a new game, with a modern meta and active legit and fair competative element then it would be worth getting this upset over, but its not, just enjoy it and have fun for what it is before its gone again.
    We aren't talking about wc3 or any other game you are trying to bring up. We are talking about classic tbc, and it is fairly common knowledge that there is quite a few people interested in this game, as well as classic itself, even yourself you are here aren't you?

Just because you don't think a game is deemed 'new' enough or 'good' enough to be discussed in a way where we can find changes to it, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of people who do.

I'm sorry but you are just being ridiculous, lol bye bye sweetie.

We aren't talking about wc3 or any other game you are trying to bring up. We are talking about classic tbc, and it is fairly common knowledge that there is quite a few people interested in this game, as well as classic itself, even yourself you are here aren't you?

Just because you don't think a game is deemed 'new' enough or 'good' enough to be discussed in a way where we can find changes to it, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of people who do.

I'm sorry but you are just being ridiculous, lol bye bye sweetie.
    hardly, ridiculus is getting really upset about other peoples gold in a game that will only last a year like the last one and then just be 20 mins of raid farming for items people allready have.

it litteraly...dose ...not....matter how rich people are or arnt at the start, it all ends the same as classic is, no content, no future.

let people have there gold and fun, it dosnt matter, no one cares, its not competative, its supposed to be for fun. stop trying to be big brain super serial about the gaming equivilant of little league.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-12-01 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Why pick a political fight when you could just stay on topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Because the game would be healthier with a reset.

But I worked for that gold. I value my time and effort in obtaining it. It's not like I earned it all in a day. Why should I lose out after spending all that time and effort in earning it?

And for the record, I voted NDP in the last Canadian election. Because not even the NDP support abolishing all money because a few people are disproportionately wealthy. That's the nuclear solution to wealth inequality. There are less destructive solutions.

hardly, ridiculus is getting really upset about other peoples gold in a game that will only last a year like the last one and then just be 20 mins of raid farming for items people allready have.

it litteraly...dose ...not....matter how rich people are or arnt at the start, it all ends the same as classic is, no content, no future.

let people have there gold and fun, it dosnt matter, no one cares, its not competative, its supposed to be for fun. stop trying to be big brain super serial about the gaming equivilant of little league.
    Having discussion =/= getting upset

Nothing more to say to you