Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

People leaving groups after certain bosses

In almost every single dungeon at least one person leaves after a certain boss they're obviously farming. For example in Theater of Pain rogues always leave after the first boss and warriors always leave after Xav, since they're looking for their legendary recipe.

I can't remember the last time it was THIS bad. I've been waiting 5 minutes for a new tank now since warrior tank left after Xav. I'm questioning if it was such a good idea to put legendary items on dungeon bosses. People have absolutely no shame anymore and don't give a single crap if others have to wait.

Have you experienced this as well or am I just unlucky?

They prob shouldve kept the legendary recipes to be on the all final bosses if they had to be on dungeons IMO
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

You know what? I did experience this from both ends (both someone leaving and getting an incomplete run who is just after a boss) and it never occurred to me that this was why, but it makes sense.

On one hand, I feel a fix to put really hotbutton items like legendary recipes on the last boss might be in order, but there’s this voice in the back of my mind whispering “if your dungeon experience is to be taken that seriously why are you PUGing?”

My point is dungeons as a primary track are more optional than ever, and if that’s one’s primary track, they should probably have a team, so if I’m blizzard, is it worth my time to patch up this outlying issue in a mode that’s not meant to be “that serious” when PUG’ed?

On the other hand, blizzard are indeed on the hook for the quality of experiences in their automatically assembled instance content, so maybe they should indeed fix this as an act of protecting us from each other’s dickish sides as they often do.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-12-02 at 01:40 AM.

What, putting one of the central elements of character power on RNG-based group content?

How could that EVER go wrong!

I can't believe they didn't learn... in BFA the gnome boss in BoDA drops the mount... in LFR they changed it to Jaina because people left. I don't see why this would be any different.

But in the same breath... you can't fault the players. They are playing the game as they intend to. No one is required to complete dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I can't believe they didn't learn... in BFA the gnome boss in BoDA drops the mount... in LFR they changed it to Jaina because people left. I don't see why this would be any different.

But in the same breath... you can't fault the players. They are playing the game as they intend to. No one is required to complete dungeons.
    I can fault the players. It is not hard to not be a cunt.

It's as if they never learn.

You put the shit players really want, on the LAST boss of a dungeon... Or, preferably, not at all when it comes to pug content.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    In almost every single dungeon at least one person leaves after a certain boss they're obviously farming. For example in Theater of Pain rogues always leave after the first boss and warriors always leave after Xav, since they're looking for their legendary recipe.

I can't remember the last time it was THIS bad. I've been waiting 5 minutes for a new tank now since warrior tank left after Xav. I'm questioning if it was such a good idea to put legendary items on dungeon bosses. People have absolutely no shame anymore and don't give a single crap if others have to wait.

As a Rogue, I was part of this cause.

In reply to the above highlighted: when you've gotta' farm upwards of 70 kills in some cases (RNG is a bitch), you're just going to leave after the one you need. Whilst I completely understand it's a piss take for the rest of the group, and I do honestly feel bad about it because it's so frustrating when it happens... there's just no way anyone is going to sit through the entire dungeon that many times. Especially like Theatre of Pain where it's the 1st boss, which is 5 seconds into the dungeon. At least in my case, there are so many DPS in LFG you'd generally fill that spot instantly.

Blizzard should have made it a guaranteed drop (make it Mythic if they feel the need, doesn't matter to me) from the LAST boss of a dungeon or drop fragments to make whichever legendary you want instead of a low chance from whichever boss your spec wants.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-12-02 at 02:01 AM.

they need to put everything min maxers need on final boss's of dungeons lol

Same thing happened with the Tavern quests in WoD. Hopefully they'll end up pointing the recipes on the final bosses.
    RETH

I need the leggo from the first boss in mists. Me as a person would never leave after doing the one boss i need, because im simply not a asshole. So its then really fun to sit in the queue as a dps to get into the dungeon for a abyssal small chance of the legendary, only to join a group in progress that is right after the boss i need cause some cocknugget just left.

If the % chance is higher in m0 then this will quickly start to happen in m0s too. Maybe not next reset but a few resets after that when people don't need gear from them.

Welcome to oldschool loot tables.

This was something that used to be a problem back in the day. I don't know if people remember, but in WoD blizzard added the requirement to daily dungeon world quests to kill the boss midway, but also the final boss before getting the reward. It was specifically to prevent people leaving after they got the boss they wanted.

I'm not sure what the solution is today. But it should be something blizzard addresses.

To be fair im not willing to finish a dungeon for the 100 time just because I need the first boss. I would go insane. Blame blizz for it. Can relate if a player dont want to finish a dungeon ovee and over

People are pricks...it doesnt annoy me in random norm/hc (Im a tank) but if that shit will happen in m0, “oh I only need trinket from 1st boss” and then person leave...I’d be raging

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    As a Rogue, I was part of this cause.

In reply to the above highlighted: when you've gotta' farm upwards of 70 kills in some cases (RNG is a bitch), you're just going to leave after the one you need. Whilst I completely understand it's a piss take for the rest of the group, and I do honestly feel bad about it because it's so frustrating when it happens... there's just no way anyone is going to sit through the entire dungeon that many times. Especially like Theatre of Pain where it's the 1st boss, which is 5 seconds into the dungeon. At least in my case, there are so many DPS in LFG you'd generally fill that spot instantly.

Blizzard should have made it a guaranteed drop (make it Mythic if they feel the need, doesn't matter to me) from the LAST boss of a dungeon or drop fragments to make whichever legendary you want instead of a low chance from whichever boss your spec wants.
    Then you get a group of friends or random people that agree to it beforehand. You don't just use others unwillingly.

And it's not only the 4 other people of the group that you affect. If a tank leaves after a boss didn't drop an item, guess how the next tank that queue's is going to feel after he gets into an instance with that boss already dead. And the cycle just repeats itself.

If you are a casual player, the item will eventually drop and you don't need to have it on week 2

If you are a hardcore player then your guild or w/e should help you. There are probably others that want to do the same, just group with them and re-do it over and over.

Morality isn't valued much anymore in MMOs apparently. People would rather ruin other player's experience just to see higher number in a chart. If I ever were the GM of a CE guild or w/e I wouldn't take people that do these kinds of shady activities. Even if said person was the best player of XYZ class in the whole game.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-12-02 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post

Same mistake, as with DS LFR. Only trinkets were needed from spine and only weapons were needed from DW. And if some people were lucky enough, they were getting this items, so it was pointless for them to waste their time there. Result - they were leaving and other players had major problems with finishing this bosses. Especially if you were unlucky with your weapon from DS.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

While it hasn't happened to me as I haven't pugged anything yet, I can definitely understand the frustration especially if a tank leaves a dungeon early. The fact that Blizz was either unable or unwilling to see how this would be a problem is just sad.

I'd imagine in a few weeks after enough people complain, they'll up the drop rates on dungeon lego's to near if not 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good reason to introduce AI-controlled NPC Party members to me personally. At this point, you might as well.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I can fault the players. It is not hard to not be a cunt.
    Yes, you can fault them just like I can fault you for having a name that starts with K. It's not hard to have a name that starts with one of the other 25 letters.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-12-02 at 03:52 AM.