Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Lolwut? And no, the numbers were tuned down on his attacks because they were hitting like a fucking truck demanding you ACTUALLY BE GOOD AT THE GAME (dodging in particular) to beat him.

This is completely different from certain enemies being just straight up immune or triggering unavoidable damage if you use certain elements/reactions. If your example was actually an equivalent stance, they wouldn't have nerfed childe's damage, they would have reduced his resistances to elements of his type. However, he was already perfectly killable with water and electro people. The only thing they did to him was make his attacks less punishing. I'm all fine with punishing attacks if you fuck up dodges.

TL;DR no I'm not a hypocrite. Wanting to use one character is not the same as wanting to be successful if I'm bad at the game's combat inputs.
    Actually you are. There are people who have no real healers only bubbles, there are people who are built around stamina use (which means no dodging), etc... They are playing the way the game lets them or gave them while you don't want to play the game the way they designed it (swapping for elemental reactions).

15+ Year Old Account
    He doesnt start till 3. I am currently angry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So rolled 25 times to try and get Chungus

Got new girl and Zhongli.
    Well, they're going to expeditions and never coming back.
    I will probaly do 8 more rolls then stop (so i hit 10 cap). Right now on 51/72. (for soft cap)

And i still got 4 normal rolls left on shop...

Also i will hit 79 on every lvled character soon, so i will hopefully have resorces to lvl any of those:

3 out them are using older weapons already (lvled a bit)
    (or some water character....)

Lvling 80-90 seems pointless as it cost to much and i will only do ascensions for better stats. They will lvl naturaly

Games that only have one correct action to perform in order to win are garbage. Especially if those actions can only be found on one particular <weapon/person/thing/whatever> when the game should be encouraging customization and freedom. It's why sekiro isn't as good as darksouls: you just have to use the right counter to win, no flexibility or ingenuity. Genshin impact doesn't work like that in 99% of its combat cases. It's fine in abyss because, again, that is the long-term goal of necessitating full teams. Sprinkling that into the grind aspects is stupid. Adding it to boss fights would also be stupid (if they did it... they haven't yet).

Let's try going a different route:

How are normal F2P people who naturally level the game supposed to be able to clear everything they have access to at that level?

If your answer involves "roll for characters" and "farm additionally for days/weeks to buff up all of their characters", you're part of why gachas are as successful as they are and destroy the game market.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-12-01 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's one thing about the element system that bothers me. It's not something interesting, or something you work with. It's a cudgel that the game beats you with to tell you what to bring to a fight.

You never really interact with it or do anything particularly clever with it. You more or less just do what it tells you.
    Exactly. It could be so much more. Or at least it could allow for some interesting rotations/combos, but no... "can't do that here, can't use this person there!" etc. They take one of the juiciest parts of the game and reduce it to "hope you have all the right people so you can do the one thing we let you!" as a thinly veiled way to encourage you to spend more time and money.

Exactly. It could be so much more. Or at least it could allow for some interesting rotations/combos, but no... "can't do that here, can't use this person there!" etc. They take one of the juiciest parts of the game and reduce it to "hope you have all the right people so you can do the one thing we let you!" as a thinly veiled way to encourage you to spend more time and money.
    Why the heck are you guys so dramatic about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSnY4_oqZYc

this guy has not yet rolled for anything other than the 10 wishes you get at the start for Noelle.
    There is no such thing as "Uh, bring character X or you are fucked yada yada mi mi mi"
    You have everything you need to clear the game for free.

Just enjoy what you get or leave it.
    Accept that Gacha is fun, that leveling characters is fun, that farming gear for characters is fun for people and you are just looking for a different game that is not fun for them
    If you can't, stop playing, but let others have their fun, geez. Your "improvements" are not improvements, they just change the whole idea of the game. I don't want WoW-Genshin.. I could really care less for the game then if all my characters are done and equipped in 1 week.

People play for the gacha, people play for the girls and boys, people play for the progression system.
    Not everyone plays games like you do. Not everyone is bothered by it.

That's one thing about the element system that bothers me. It's not something interesting, or something you work with. It's a cudgel that the game beats you with to tell you what to bring to a fight.

You never really interact with it or do anything particularly clever with it. You more or less just do what it tells you.
    That's not true... You always work with it.
    What would you like to do that is currently not possible? I mean, it's been pretty clear that you are actually not even using the clever interactions... such as freezing flowers so they don't "fly away" or port away when you hit them.

The video clearly shows how you use the interactions and skills properly... so why do we have to pretend that we just left click when it's clearly not the case.
    What does "The game tells you what to bring to a fight" even mean - so it's a bad thing that the game has options and you can pick the most efficient types and bring that to the fight instead of the most inefficient?
    Maybe it's also the time for characters to shine that are otherwise a bit underrated because they aren't the cookie cutter supreme example of an optimal DPS character?
    Maybe it's actually cool that Abyss has a DPS bonus for crystalize right now? So I can bring out my Ning and enjoy the extra damage? Maybe that's not a bad thing? Still able to do it without her though, so it's not like you can't do it with others just as well.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-01 at 10:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys forget this is a mobile game and they cant do anything that crazy with it

What would be interesting to you? Aside from X immune stuff you can use anything you want it just might take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Why the heck are you guys so dramatic about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSnY4_oqZYc

this guy has not yet rolled for anything other than the 10 wishes you get at the start for Noelle.
    There is no such thing as "Uh, bring character X or you are fucked yada yada mi mi mi"
    You have everything you need to clear the game for free.
    I respect this youtuber.
    However, do NOT learn/copy what he did.
    It is not efficient.

He usually does the first chamber with one team.
    Then use a different team to do the second chamber. He saves the burst for the 2nd chamber, etc.
    Finally, use another team to do the 3rd chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What would be interesting to you? Aside from X immune stuff you can use anything you want it just might take longer.
    You can't get certain reactions on certain enemy types due to either that immunity or slimes getting perma-elemented that forces a reaction type. In addition, that "it just might take longer" becomes an issue with timers.

What would be interesting to me is getting to set up a squad to wombo combo for one big attack (in this case, diluc bird) and getting to use that setup over and over again. "But that sounds boring! You're just repeating the same thing!" The gratification is being able to get it off in every situation. Getting off a 4 character swap wombo on some fight like wolf is near-impossible due to his attack types and windows. The beauty is trying to figure out how to get stuff off properly amidst a plethora of different cluster fucks. Being told simply "Nope, you can't do that here" is counter to my favorite part of the game (character customizations and making that wombo happen).

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not get him. Man

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'd have to log in to get the correct numbers but:

Out of my head:
    ~500k Mora every 2 weeks, 600 Primogems
    8 4* and 4 5* Artifacts
    If you can clear everything with full stars.

More likely than not, you will only get half of the Primogems though and roughly ~350-400k Mora.
    wait wait, is it something you clear weekly? how ? mine is at level 5 when I visit it? Does it become a weekly thing after a stage? which stage is that?
    lmao imagine being rank 47 world at 6 without knowing this lol

Floors 9-12 reset weekly! The other 8 don't give anything new after the first clear.
    Bi-weekly*

So if you're good enough you can get 600 primogems every 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I did not get him. Man
    My first 10 pull of the banner:

So glad I quit on the Childe one when I did lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zhongli is looking to be a pretty good physical main carry. The last thing that I'm wanting to see is what happens to element shielded enemies if they're petrified by his ult.

I want harder combat and different enemies, not dumb shit like "oh, you can't use your favorite character here because we said so!" I don't want the difficulty to come from the fact that I only have one squad and that squad is mechanically incapable of beating everything. I want the difficulty to come from the actual boss fight mechanics.
    You are making literally no sense. Do you even realize that you're describing the shitfest that spiral abyss is? You seem to be fine with that though /shrug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    You...you realize you're being a hypocrite here...right?

As far as I'm aware, the actual mechanics of the Childe fight weren't nerfed, the numbers were just toned down a bit. And the reason why people complained is specifically because they just wanted to go in and fight with their favorite characters, without having to worry about anything else. Just like you, apparently.
    This too lol.

How are normal F2P people who naturally level the game supposed to be able to clear everything they have access to at that level?
    Idunno, just play the game normally? In levelling to 45+ I've gotten enough free currency for ~200 free rolls (split between limited/permanent) so characters aren't a huge issue. I've had some bad luck though and only got 1 5 star, who I'm not even using. Most of my weapons are the free crafted ones which are pretty decent, and I've 'naturally' gotten enough resources to level my mainly used characters & weapons to 80. I'm not really seeing how being f2p is a huge hardship tbh.

You think so? I haven't heard anyone using him so far feeling that he's going to be a quality carry. But it's first day!
    Theorycrafters testing him currently is finding that he's a better physical carry than he is a geo burst support.

His the highest dps combo they've found is animation cancelling his charged attack which is roughly as good as Childe spamming his charged attack in melee form. The second best option is just using his normal attack combo but animation cancelling after the fifth hit in the combo (the one where he kicks the polearm). One should however take note that this is with Crescent Pike (only refinement 1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Idunno, just play the game normally? In levelling to 45+ I've gotten enough free currency for ~200 free rolls (split between limited/permanent) so characters aren't a huge issue. I've had some bad luck though and only got 1 5 star, who I'm not even using. Most of my weapons are the free crafted ones which are pretty decent, and I've 'naturally' gotten enough resources to level my mainly used characters & weapons to 80. I'm not really seeing how being f2p is a huge hardship tbh.
    yeah that's bullshit and you know it, i have not spent a penny on any premium currency bundles, i have used my entire primogem income on wishes and i'm AR 47 right now and my total wishes doesn't even break 100 total combined on all banners, so unless you have some kind of hidden cheat to get more in game currency than anyone else i'm not sure how you came to this absurd number, furthermore, you claiming 'i'm not seeing how being f2p is a huge hardship' you will never see it until they add actual content to the game, as it stands right now you're almost on curve with the power level of the whales, once they introduce more areas, further levels of the spiral abyss, you will be left in the dust with no hope in hell of catching up to the power curve at that time, then you will see it and understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    yeah that's bullshit and you know it
    Then you are either shit at math or you've barely played the game.

You got roughly 40 rolls free directly from Mihoyo via mail and if you've played since the start of October you've received way, way more than 10k primogems from quests, events and chests.