Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Billionare > Justice system. 4 Sex workers < Justice system. GG

Must be nice being a billionaire.
    No idea how his case gets thrown out, but the sex workers get stuck taking plea deals and convictions.
    Oh right, money.
    Two classes.

On top of all this the NFL just ignores it.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...r-robert-kraft

Lei Wang, 41, and Shen Mingbi, 60, each pleaded guilty in Palm Beach County circuit court to one count of soliciting another to commit prostitution, records show. They were fined $5,000 each and ordered to complete 100 hours of community service.

A misdemeanor charge against Kraft was dropped earlier this year after courts blocked their use of video that allegedly shows him paying for sex. Kraft had pleaded not guilty but issued a public apology for his actions.

Two other women who worked at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter previously reached deals with prosecutors. Hua Zhang, 59, pleaded guilty last month to two misdemeanors. Lei Chen, 45, pleaded guilty to eight counts of offering to commit prostitution in February.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Considering prostitution shouldn't be a crime I don't have an issue with this.

If they got out of murder in this fashion you'd maybe have a case

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Except that the women are the ones being punished because he solicited sex from them.

10+ Year Old Account

If they got out of murder in this fashion you'd maybe have a case
    They have... it’s called afluenza... you can only catch it if you are super wealthy...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affluenza
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that the women are the ones being punished because he solicited sex from them.
    How's that work? They accept money for sexual acts. Don't they? If they're professionals, it's their job. If not, what's stopping them from not doing it?

Prostitution is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Prostitution is illegal.
    So is soliciting prostitution, but I guess not so much when you're a billionaire and laws don't apply to you.

Hey let’s remember that in many of these spas the sex workers are slaves

Let’s remember how a underaged teen was charged with murder for killing HER CHILD SEX RAPIST

Lol at criminalising prostitution
    Lol at the billionaire getting off
    Lol at everyone involved not even pretending to try and cover it up.

Prostitution is illegal.
    That depends
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Selling sex should be legal, buying sex should be legal.
    Everything that it not forced should be legal.

In Sweden media always mix up sexworkers and trafficing its not the same. One is free will the other one is not. Its like comparing suicide and murder.

The sketchy thing for me about prostitutions is the human traffick aspect of it, which that spa place's just screams of. It's soliciters and owners that are involved, and non of them are innocent, just the workers are innocent, and if they are there against their will, which as I said screams of, 5k and a few hours of community service, and the billionaires, all should be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So is soliciting prostitution, but I guess not so much when you're a billionaire and laws don't apply to you.
    I agree with the context
    Big money...and pay to play justice stinks as much as pay to play politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Lol at the billionaire getting off
    In more ways than one!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Let’s remember how a underaged teen was charged with murder for killing HER CHILD SEX RAPIST
    Were they slaves here? Were they children here? What's what those assumptions you are throwing around. You have access to more info than us?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

If you're worried about the workers in the place being trafficked slaves, then wouldn't it be better if the guy who paid to sleep with them was punished, rather than the women?

Were they slaves here? Were they children here? What's what those assumptions you are throwing around. You have access to more info than us?
    Assumptions... why do you think there are a high number of asian sex workers in these shops? It sounds like you're happy in ignorance of sex slavery and how it relates to spas and massage parlours. Maybe you just don't give much of a shit about the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    If you're worried about the workers in the place being trafficked slaves, then wouldn't it be better if the guy who paid to sleep with them was punished, rather than the women?
    That is the point I am making.

Everything seems minor now compared to Epstein's impossible suicide.

How's that work? They accept money for sexual acts. Don't they? If they're professionals, it's their job. If not, what's stopping them from not doing it?
    Many are addicts and it is one of the only forms of income open to them. And many of them are often under the heel of someone else. A worrying number (to be honest 1 is too many) have been trafficked and exist in a state of sexual slavery.

In principle I have no issue with prostitution, criminalising the sale/buying of something that is legal to give away for free makes no sense to me, however the reality is that a significant number of women in that world aren't there because they want to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    FWIW, apparently Kraft got his from the owner herself. Also, the cops royally fucked up procedurally which is why the video was tossed.

Prostitution is illegal.
    lol you seem to have missed the point, but others have pointed it out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    FWIW, apparently Kraft got his from the owner herself. Also, the cops royally fucked up procedurally which is why the video was tossed.
    bullshit.
    He just had better lawyers and money to pump into something that the state did not want to spend the time or money on.
    it was worth it for Kraft to invest that kind of money because of his reputation and investments that are/were dependent on not being convicted.

Court records show prosecutors dismissed Kraft's 2 misdemeanor charges of soliciting a prostitute ... with officials saying Thursday they didn't have enough evidence to get a conviction.

then how did they have enough evidence to charge the 4 with Prostitution and make it stick?

Judges in the Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal ruled cops screwed up in the way they went about recording inside the Jupiter, Fla. facility by failing to ensure privacy for people getting legitimate massages. So, the footage was not allowed in the case.

So because they taped legitimate customers....the people doing illegal stuff were ummm, violated of their rights??
    So any tapes of criminal activities that include activities of legitimate customers is illegal? Wow that is a lot of cases that will be throw out in the future in florida.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!