Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah, that was bad.

Finest cringe walking down my spine

Well. After what they done to BfA which didn’t feature any Horde vs Alliance last stand, any time someone blows a horn in the name of something in WoW I just have cringes.

There's nothing in that ad that hints at the shadowlands or anything, it's just an ad for WoW in general. They could've done so many other things. The old ads are far superior to this.

I guess Blizzard wanted to one up Square's live action ad for Shadowbringers by hiring more celebs. But Square got Tom Holland.

Atleast in this vid they talk about the theme of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Was that Pierre Gasly?
    ok so im not alone. i thought that was him too lol
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Great they spent prolly 25 mill on this commercial and put like a ton of celebs in it, but here I am waiting for 2+ hour queue to login to the server. SMH. Terrible company is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Except those commericals featured people that where/are icons of the entertainment industry.

This lot? Rousey is probably the most famous one... and that's not saying much.
    Icons? Most of the better known celebrities from those commercials hadn't done anything of note in decades. Say what you like about this roster, but Game of Thrones, Community, and Stranger Things are all pretty well known contemporary shows. At least with this round it seems they targeted celebrities who actually play/have played the game.

Either way, I find both this one and the old ones pretty cringe. Never been a big fan of video game commercials that tried to do more than just showcase the actual game.

If it weren't for the logo at the very end of the commercial and the celebrities plugging in the word "Warcraft", I would have absolutely no idea what the hell this commercial is about. Nothing about the game, nothing about the expansion, and absolutely nothing of value in this half-baked ad featuring C-list celebrities.

You guys watched Game of Thrones right??

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was pretty disappointing. I didn't know most of these people. I am not playing WoW now and I am not encouraged to return at all! The ad has failed miserably!

You people are such absolute shut-ins. Do something besides stare at video games all day and maybe you'll know a bit about what's going on in the world and the people doing those things. Imagine not knowing anyone from a list of stars from Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Community, and other "nerd" shows, while already being in the exact demographic that those shows target.

And honestly, grow up. Sometimes it's okay to enjoy things and not think it's cringe. Stop being so internet. A thing was made; you don't have to love it, but that doesn't mean you have to hate it. Thanks for reminding me why I quit this community and game.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2020-12-02 at 03:32 AM.

Lol pretty funny that the implication is that all of these people have given up and almost completely forgotten about WoW. Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Once again Blizzard posted cringe.
    Seriously. It's shit like this that makes me think twice about telling people I play WoW, not because I'm embarrassed by playing WoW, but because they're still stuck in the 2004 mentality that gamers have to be a caricature or a f'n parody of the 1980's D&D nerd. It's like the Big Bang Theory writers wrote this for Dwayne Johnson to get a good laugh.

I'm not feeling it.

In the glory days, the sheer amount of people playing made it easy to imagine celebrities being on board with the craze that was World of Warcraft. Now? It's more likely than not that they were just paid to pretend to be enthusiastic about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    There's nothing in that ad that hints at the shadowlands or anything, it's just an ad for WoW in general. They could've done so many other things. The old ads are far superior to this.

I guess Blizzard wanted to one up Square's live action ad for Shadowbringers by hiring more celebs. But Square got Tom Holland.

Atleast in this vid they talk about the theme of the expansion.
    I've never in my life even played Final Fantasy and that is a much better, more informative, and entertaining ad than Shadowlands'.

This cost us a raid tierrrrrrrr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Well, that was pretty disappointing. I didn't know most of these people. I am not playing WoW now and I am not encouraged to return at all! The ad has failed miserably!
    You didn’t recognize Hodor

- - - Updated - - -

Alexander Dreymon From The Last Kingdom ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyana View Post
    You didn’t recognize Hodor

- - - Updated - - -

Alexander Dreymon From The Last Kingdom ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    I didn't say ANY, I said MOST. Hodor was the most recognizable. And Bran. There was the guy from stranger things I guess! The rest, not much to be honest.

The problem is, in the past they used to use S-list starts, like Chuck Norris, and Mr. T. Now, it is the B-list at best! Ronda Rousy! LOL, nobody knows her out of USA. and I know her only because he is voice acting Sonya Blade in MK 11. (which she does it terribly btw).

Anyway, the bottom line is, this ad does not do what it is supposed to do. It is not capturing enthusiasm of old players like me, or curiosity of new players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    I didn't say ANY, I said MOST. Hodor was the most recognizable. And Bran. There was the guy from stranger things I guess! The rest, not much to be honest.

The problem is, in the past they used to use S-list starts, like Chuck Norris, and Mr. T. Now, it is the B-list at best! Ronda Rousy! LOL, nobody knows her out of USA. and I know her only because he is voice acting Sonya Blade in MK 11. (which she does it terribly btw).

Anyway, the bottom line is, this ad does not do what it is supposed to do. It is not capturing enthusiasm of old players like me, or curiosity of new players!
    I don't live in the US but i know who Ronda Rousey is.
    I think most people in the US don't know who Pierre Gasly is ( a Formula 1-driver )