Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you being a mad lad in dungeons means literaly nothing,its not a good metric to judge the class power,specialy when you say you spend almost HALF the time NOT dpsing,im curious...are the people your playing with even have a pulse?

we will have plenty of stats once the classes are more complete and geared in arenas and mythic raids,but from everything we have seen so far enha is loking at being a solid C tier at best in both pve and pvp....but hey atleast its more fun than bfa
    would say solid A+ PvE maybe even S especially in M+, and B for PvP although just cause rogues (subject to change when nerf bat hit them eventually) and maybe ferals which seems to be outlying in PvP a loot currently (some reliable defensive cd would bump up some tiers for sure)
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-02 at 08:41 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    would say solid A+ PvE maybe even S especially in M+, and B for PvP although just cause rogues and maybe ferals which seems to be outlying in PvP a loot currently (some reliable defensive cd would bump up some tiers for sure)
    what the heck could enha posibly bring in m+ to make it S???

15+ Year Old Account
    what the heck could enha posibly bring in m+ to make it S???
    one of the strongest aoe capabilities (if im not mistaken) + free strong healing when needed on top of spamable purge and 12 sec range interrupt, oh shit pocket elemental tank, what more other classes bring?
    rogue can skip you some trash, monk and druid can pacify any number of enemies for couple sec with ring of peace/ursol vortex beside that there is not a loot impactfull utility you could get out there
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-02 at 09:00 AM.

one of the strongest aoe capabilities (if im not mistaken) + free strong healing when needed on top of spamable purge and 12 sec range interrupt, oh shit pocket elemental tank, what more other classes bring?
    rogue can skip you some trash, monk and druid can pacify any number of enemies for couple sec with ring of peace/ursol vortex beside that there is not a loot impactfull utility you could get out there
    slightly better aoe dps isnt always going to make it so you are included,we saw this in bfa and legion very clearly,and enha seems to be more consistant,m+ needs more burst

the healing is literaly useless,in high keys you either avoid stuff or you die,anything else needs to be either immuned or use big defensive,actual healing is by far the least important role in m+

purge is going to be very situational,i havent been keeping up with sl dungeons so this may or may not be a big thing now,but....mage will always be prefered for this because they bring other stuff like iceblock,spell power

the shaman interupt being ranged is irelevant,the cd is nice sure,but again,depend on the sl dungeons and how vital very often interupts are and if it even maters,other dps can rotate it just fine usualy

the ele tank is nice indeed,but...it should never come to that

rogue doesnt just skip trash but has plenty more utility
    paladin brings immunity for himself and physical immunity to party member,and a defensive cd for others that will always be better than healing in high keys
    dk is better defensive wise for himself and party,interupt and grip,battle res,and has better aoe dps consistant and burst
    dh aoe stun better than shaman,and grp defensive,and debuff(if it still exists?)
    druid can res,better cc,best aoe silence,mobility for grp(better than shaman one and not an option)

idk,shaman looks like its bottom,im sure raiding wise its gonna be decent atleast

15+ Year Old Account
    hard to argue, i have my experience you have yours
    for me +15 is enough for m+ as higher is just for flexing and on that lvl healing does still matter
    about "slightly better aoe dps" and burst capability its like you say atm but if we take doom winds into consideration and fact that WF can proc from earth shatter and crash lightning, things may be interesting (obviously blizz can cut that if we go to high but will see)

the ele tank is nice indeed,but...it should never come to that
    but it happens and i saved couple keys with it ;P

about rest yea ok everyone bring something to the table we bring WF totem to although what value it really have no one currently knows

idk,shaman looks like its bottom,im sure raiding wise its gonna be decent atleast
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html
    a bit to early to use wol sadly maybe after weekend

hard to argue, i have my experience you have yours
    for me +15 is enough for m+ as higher is just for flexing and on that lvl healing does still matter
    about "slightly better aoe dps" and burst capability its like you say atm but if we take doom winds into consideration and fact that WF can proc from earth shatter and crash lightning, things may be interesting (obviously blizz can cut that if we go to high but will see)

but it happens and i saved couple keys with it ;P

about rest yea ok everyone bring something to the table we bring WF totem to although what value it really have no one currently knows

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html
    a bit to early to use wol sadly maybe after weekend
    Dont get me wrong,im glad and hope for enha to do well,it used to be my fave spec,but yeah,this early on we dont have a full picture of the classes yett,also WF totem is a meme,you wont get much value out of it unless everyone is melee

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont get me wrong,im glad and hope for enha to do well,it used to be my fave spec,but yeah,this early on we dont have a full picture of the classes yett,also WF totem is a meme,you wont get much value out of it unless everyone is melee
    also don`t get me wrong i don`t prise WFt as its a bit annoying to keep it up all the time especially in dungeons but i did everything that game had to offer in last week and it looks really good PvE wise, that may change when blizz starts "balancing" things ofc,
    raid is in front of me this week so my opinion is for sure not set in stone by all means.
    Pvp suck hard cause of rogues globaling everyone...

edit
    ps. if you take a look on simulation craft i have linked above its for patchwerk st boss so in reality it will bo not that grate as we need to be on target to keep procs going although our aoe is insane so from m+ perspective im rather sure it will be ok, if we don`t get kick in nuts from blizz at some point :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-02 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you being a mad lad in dungeons means literaly nothing,its not a good metric to judge the class power,specialy when you say you spend almost HALF the time NOT dpsing,im curious...are the people your playing with even have a pulse?

we will have plenty of stats once the classes are more complete and geared in arenas and mythic raids,but from everything we have seen so far enha is loking at being a solid C tier at best in both pve and pvp....but hey atleast its more fun than bfa
    4-8k dps while throwing offheals. aoe 10k+ in 5+ packs. Kinda losing only to retri paladins and DH tanks (when aoeing). 179 ilevel. Also My high aoe is constant when retris do good aoe only with Cds.

And I've never had this much fun in pvp as a enha (well maybe back in TBC). I've won against 1v2-1v4 and I've killed multible times 1v6+ atleast 4-6 targets before going down. Only rogues are the problem, they clobal me during first stun so not much to do there. Ofc targets may have had bad gear etc but they were still the ones who attacked first. Elemental also feels amazing in BGs because of the high burst dmg it can do every 30sec. I really hope they don't change Enhas (except our defensive should be usable during CC). Every class should have defensive that reduces dmg during CC with like 1-1.5min CD.
    Last edited by Ihazpaws; 2020-12-07 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    4-8k dps while throwing offheals. aoe 10k+ in 5+ packs. Kinda losing only to retri paladins and DH tanks (when aoeing). 179 ilevel. Also My high aoe is constant when retris do good aoe only with Cds.

And I've never had this much fun in pvp as a enha (well maybe back in TBC). I've won against 1v2-1v4 and I've killed multible times 1v6+ atleast 4-6 targets before going down. Only rogues are the problem, they clobal me during first stun so not much to do there. Ofc targets may have had bad gear etc but they were still the ones who attacked first. Elemental also feels amazing in BGs because of the high burst dmg it can do every 30sec. I really hope they don't change Enhas (except our defensive should be usable during CC). Every class should have defensive that reduces dmg during CC with like 1-1.5min CD.
    well glad to hear if thats the case,may have to dust the spec off myself,havent touched it since mop ended,but i just find it crazy to hear that your literaly doing double dps than others as enha (by saying you heal half the time),i mean if it rly is that strong its getting nerfed

15+ Year Old Account
    also wonder to if they will not hit doom winds with some kind of nerf bat especially in pvp although its rather easy to counter in most situations
    Not sure if everyone have auras for it already as they should have :P

With that double dps while off healing im not that sure :P DPS is awesome but for sure not double if played with competitive equally geared ppls
    Not everyone have their legendary already, most ppls wait for next week with crafts so there may be some power shifts going on then ;P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-07 at 01:02 PM.

also wonder to if they will not hit doom winds with some kind of nerf bat especially in pvp although its rather easy to counter in most situations
    Not sure if everyone have auras for it already as they should have :P

With that double dps while off healing im not that sure :P DPS is awesome but for sure not double if played with competitive equally geared ppls
    Not everyone have their legendary already, most ppls wait for next week with crafts so there may be some power shifts going on then ;P
    Nah, even the simmed logs show how stupid shamans are atm.
    I expect a legendary nerf, as doomwinds is too good. Wolf bones legendary is similar powerful atm, but it's single target only, and a bit of rng, so we wouldn't exactly lose too much power outside our great cleave.

I pity havoc and fury atm tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only want Lava lash to be buffed somehow, ie shorter cd and more dmg.

That and shocks not sharing a cd

well glad to hear if thats the case,may have to dust the spec off myself,havent touched it since mop ended,but i just find it crazy to hear that your literaly doing double dps than others as enha (by saying you heal half the time),i mean if it rly is that strong its getting nerfed
    Healing with maelstrom still gives you hail buffs, which is a big part of cleave. CL only hits 3 targets and only for 1000ish dmg, which almost isn't worth interrupting potential SS proccs for.

I'd stop short of saying enh is headed towards a nerf though. It can still be feast or famine at times, and once movement starts to occur and you are forced away from the boss damage disappears. One of rogues biggest strengths is the ability to stay in range through survivability or movement skills. Enh does not have those tools.
    Ideal balance for enh shaman should be top dps in patchwerk, just because they are the definition of a melee glass canon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Healing with maelstrom still gives you hail buffs, which is a big part of cleave. CL only hits 3 targets and only for 1000ish dmg, which almost isn't worth interrupting potential SS proccs for.

I'd stop short of saying enh is headed towards a nerf though. It can still be feast or famine at times, and once movement starts to occur and you are forced away from the boss damage disappears. One of rogues biggest strengths is the ability to stay in range through survivability or movement skills. Enh does not have those tools.
    Ideal balance for enh shaman should be top dps in patchwerk, just because they are the definition of a melee glass canon.
    Chain Lightning is also buffing dmg and reducing Crash Lightning cd so its a huge difference especially if you want to proc as many doom winds WF as you can :P
    Also wondering if they will Nerf us into oblivion, atm things looks good overall, astral shift being usable in cc or some fight reset button would be only thing i would like to see changed tbh
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-08 at 09:05 AM.

Uh have you even looked at logs? Enh is doing quite well and its not even including the DPS they bring via windfury totem

10+ Year Old Account
    I always felt like Frost DK is Enh simplified and somewhat refined.

After messing around with Frost in SL, I'm starting to get that vibe again. Don't get me wrong, I love Enh, but man Frost just feels smoother... if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I always felt like Frost DK is Enh simplified and somewhat refined.

After messing around with Frost in SL, I'm starting to get that vibe again. Don't get me wrong, I love Enh, but man Frost just feels smoother... if that makes sense.
    tried frost several time over the years. I see the similarities people are talking about, but I always came back to enha. I don't think it's smoother, just a different "flow" you might like better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    tried frost several time over the years. I see the similarities people are talking about, but I always came back to enha. I don't think it's smoother, just a different "flow" you might like better
    Yeah, its definitely a preference thing. I like how Howling Blast does like 5 things at once whereas Shaman spells feel a lot more singular in usage, so whereas with Enhance I have to keep track of multiple spells for my MW procs, with Frost I can just fire off Howling Blast and not worry about it. HB is AoE, it does decent ST damage, it procs diseases, it generates runic power, etc. I'm also a little miffed about Enhance never getting 2h back, but Frost got 2H back in SL. I'm a big fan of 2h Maces, so Frost being able to smack people with giant hammers is a big draw for me.

Despite all that, Enhance definitely looks flashier with all the different elements going off, so I'll always take my Enh Shaman to max level regardless of expansion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-12-17 at 02:05 PM.

I am just going to admit I liked PVE enhancement a lot better when it was a simpler, more straightforward rotation that was like a discount Fury warrior.

I feel like I have to work a lot harder now to get the same results. I'm really enjoying Elemental though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    It's still clunky and extremely bad in PvP, every melee is better, even Survival hunter.
    This is an obvious troll. Enhance in pvp is f*cling amazing.