Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Oh...i might rush to last boss and dont explore at all though :S
    That's a big part of your problem right there. Big vases and some elites give you powers. Everything you kill and every object you break give you phasma which you can use to buy four more powers total from the two vendors. I walked up to the final boss with one that gave me an entire row of talents with their power doubled, 6k heal per attack, 6k more damage to each attack, -25% caster enemy speed, and a ton more. Almost 40 powers. Bugger hardly got a spell off. Though admittedly being a druid so I could just soak the curse, dispel it, and save my interrupt for bolts helped.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

they linked legendaries to that shit. it's a breeze for some spec and a huge pain in the ass for other. great job.

it's not just new players who fail at the last boss of the second layer. some spec just don't have the tools for certain bosses. and it really feels bad to do 6 floors and get nothing.

also, who the hell is going to run torghast more than once a week ?

If you cant brute force with gear, you brute force with anima powers. Also you have so much time in the floors 3 and below that you can take the whole floor one mob at a time. The first 2 floors are hardest since you dont have any souls collected yet and each of them give 1% to all stats.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to dissapoint you, but Thorghast realy isnt hard.

I completed 1 to 8 in the beta twice, somehwere in the middle and at the end of the beta. I have roughly the same gear as on beta now.

Bosses have alot of health, but thats it..
    I saw some one complaining in /1 about the last boss on layer 3.. Like realy??? Are people picking up souls? or to help those covenant members to get extra anima power??

Enough ways to beat the content.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-12-02 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This seems like a trend that is happening, while for my own sake the difficulty is fine. I have a friend that is super casual, and it has been a long time since he has been in a raid last. More and more content seems to be unavailable to him because of the higher amount of skulle required to do even basic stuff. He cant get through Torghast even the low ones, and he has completely stopped doing dungeons because of the mechanical skill required to do them.
    Go play mobile games or play something that is relevant to his ability in video games. Make no mistake, WoW is not a hard game to play, dungeons are not hard, Torghast may be slightly difficult depending on your class/spec? I play with some super casuals who can still go through the content. Sometimes you just have to face up to the fact that maybe you need to play something you can play.

Almost feel bad for him/her.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how out of touch random forum goers are with the average player. "lol the game tells you to do this content but you can't BUT THAT'S FINE BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING INSTEAD, PLEB." - Yeah, that's going to make people want to pay $15. For the most part Torghast is fine but certain specs struggle with certain bosses so if you're a newer / decidedly average player and you're playing one of those classes, you're kind of fucked. One of my more casual friends is hating every second of Torghast.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    yeah, people love torghast, that's what i was afraid of
    solo dungeons are def coming

rip mmo aspects of the game =(
    Oh no! An aspect of the game that is barely rewarding and mostly played for fun, and is solo and group play! WoW is doomed, garrison missiontable 2.0!!!

For real tho, it's fun and fine. I don't see people complaining that mage tower, green fire or even worldquests are soloable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I love how out of touch random forum goers are with the average player. "lol the game tells you to do this content but you can't BUT THAT'S FINE BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING INSTEAD, PLEB." - Yeah, that's going to make people want to pay $15. For the most part Torghast is fine but certain specs struggle with certain bosses so if you're a newer / decidedly average player and you're playing one of those classes, you're kind of fucked. One of my more casual friends is hating every second of Torghast.
    I mean, thats why Thorgast is queable with friends, and has infinite tries. I've seen casuals doing this thing 5-6 times, being insanely satisfied that they finally managed layer 3. If its too easy, there will be no real satisfaction in it, no?
    And it's thankfully not mandatory content to do the hardest difficulty each week. You also gradually unlock helpful things in ve'nari, and learn how it works by playing it more often.

It's literally a rogue lite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    The only difficult part seems to be last boss. Playing as Veng DH all trash is easy. 1st and 2nd bosses die in almost one Kyrian Sigil spell, same with all trash.
    Of last bosses first one was the eye, one wrong interrupt meant losing 80% hp. Was really close to dying. Since interrupting normal spell meant can't interrupt the beam.
    Second one was Synod that's full melee. Was a lot easier but takes really long, had to use all cooldowns to get enough self healing. Wonder how would Havoc deal with it at all, even Layer 2 Synod was already difficult with Havoc.
    Having done Torghast on the beta way more than I probably should have, people should know that there are a TON of bugs in Torghast right now when it comes to abilities, damage values, etc. I did notice after the Tuesday maintenance that some abilities are working correctly again when it comes to mobs/bosses, however the next set of wings opening up will just introduce new bugs. As an example, I had an issue with the boss that uses Predator's Gaze on my hunter, where if I didn't move and my pet was on Stay, the enrage still quickly stacked up to 99... which made the boss impossible to kill in time since I'm going at it undergeared and my pet was getting 1-2 shot. While gear would help or mask the issue, it's still a bug that'll make lesser skilled players not feel great while thinking the behavior is intended.

Expect some adjustments, as there have already been many that didn't make it into the patch notes (probably because the list was too long). If you see potentially aberrant behavior that doesn't seem right, report it immediately. The Torghast beta stress test revealed a TON of boss balancing issues, some of which still exist, so again... report the issues as they may not be intended.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

How can anyone have trouble in Torghast? Everything there is so squishy and easy to kill as solo queue, the only thing(s) that can kill you are map hazards. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Doesnt the scaling in Torgast make better gear a detriment?

- - - Updated - - -

Torghast isnt challenging. Its RNG.
    I read that too, and Thorgast being back-loaded (The only reward you get comes from killing the boss) coupled with not knowing which random anima powers you get until you reach the boss is the perfect recipe for frustration, IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    How can anyone have trouble in Torghast? Everything there is so squishy and easy to kill as solo queue, the only thing(s) that can kill you are map hazards. That's it.
    You're making an awful lot of assumptions about everyone else's ability, class, spec, gear, talents and RNG upgrades in an incredibly RNG dungeon there?

NOT a complaint thread
    I just think is funny and maybe worth discussing

I have a friend who plays WoW who is a casual newbie player...long story short...i have to boost him on torghast.

There is absolutely no way in hell other Newbies can clear it.
    Just the other day...i, Shadowpunk (best player EU kappa), almost had a heart attack on last boss of the 3rd section...as Havoc Demon Hunter!!!!!
    I only got physical avoidance on my abilities........and the boss ended up being a mage with insane cast damage.

And no matter what you do...dont go as a party of 2 DPS'ers without any hybrid healing class...the boss scales up and hits like a truck sometimes.

----

Kinda surprised...Torghast really makes you "git gud or get boosted"
    lower torghast? its easy. Lets be real. To get there you need to have leved to 50 ( or buy a boost). and then level thruh the whole expansion. Then do some quests. So yeah scaling with teams might suck. But is solo run is damm easy if you know your class a bit and pick the right powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    You're making an awful lot of assumptions about everyone else's ability, class, spec, gear, talents and RNG upgrades in an incredibly RNG dungeon there?
    Maybe they should pick the right talents and specs, then? And as for RNG upgrades, I have had the worst upgrades in existence and I was still able to clear it.
    I am not even going to comment on gear because I literally did it first thing I reached level 60. And no, I am not good. I am a "newbie" as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should pick the right talents and specs, then? And as for RNG upgrades, I have had the worst upgrades in existence and I was still able to clear it.
    I am not even going to comment on gear because I literally did it first thing I reached level 60. And no, I am not good. I am a "newbie" as well.
    Some people do play because it's fun. This includes the spec and talents they like to use? Those are the right one for them. And you again can't really judge your upgrades as "the worst" because you don't know what everyone else has. Again you're assuming a lot here.

Nope...the boss hit like a truck and i got majority of bad powers.

2 physical avoidance in Blade Dance
    1 physical immunity

Boss was a mage! Plot twist and famous last words.
    Did you use the smoke bombs? Like, they stop the mage from casting. As a good player (hahahahahahaha) you knew this right? It's pretty simple to work out if you read tool tips. Unless all of a sudden mobs can move and cast for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

5+ Year Old Account
    You can do Torghast alone or with group. I passed all 3 layers by myself before even getting into heroic dungeons. It's easy. Higher layers are supposed to be challenging, most fun part is that there is no time limit so if you have enough patience you can squeze through it.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2020-12-02 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Some people do play because it's fun. This includes the spec and talents they like to use? Those are the right one for them. And you again can't really judge your upgrades as "the worst" because you don't know what everyone else has. Again you're assuming a lot here.
    If their talents do not work in Torghast, and they REALLY want to clear it, then they have to make sacrifices. It isn't like their spec choice is eternal. They can always go back to it.
    You mentioned assuming a lot twice, yet it is funny how you're the only one assuming a lot here.
    Mr. "You can't assume you had the worst upgrades but I can assume that everyone else did".
    Sad excuse for an argument. This is the last reply you'll get for me.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    do not underestimate the level some players are at,remember mop? THAUSANDS of people were stuck in normal dungeons because they couldnt do silver proving grounds....let that sink in for a second
    Hahahaha yeah. I remember that. My raid group was clearing normal and half of heroic, you know, well above average. Some of the people in that group didn't clear proving grounds until a month into it.

Why's your lock so shit?
    Can't get into heroics cause I can't get silver
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    If their talents do not work in Torghast, and they REALLY want to clear it, then they have to make sacrifices. It isn't like their spec choice is eternal. They can always go back to it.
    You mentioned assuming a lot twice, yet it is funny how you're the only one assuming a lot here.
    Mr. "You can't assume you had the worst upgrades but I can assume that everyone else did".
    Sad excuse for an argument. This is the last reply you'll get for me.
    I never assumed anything. I just said you don't know what everyone has, you actually made the assumption on that. That was an open ended statement and yeah they can. Again I never said they were incapable of changing. Just that some people like to have "fun" while they play and may not "REALLY want" to.

But yeah you're right, this is tedious and I think we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    yeah, people love torghast, that's what i was afraid of
    solo dungeons are def coming

rip mmo aspects of the game =(
    solo dungeons would be a salvation to this game

not having to deal with toxicity or having to carry bad players would be amazing !