Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"There must always be a Lich King". Not really?

So when Arthas as the Lich king was defeathed we were told that there always must be a Lich king. However, The Helm of Damnation was destroyd, hence all the undeads who were in control now are unleashed and threaten Azeroth. Is this aspect completely ingored in Shadowlands plot?
    Last edited by Morbidius; 2020-12-02 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Posted by a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the scourage would go rampant, which they did and a lot of people died because if it. Just no one important so it felt redundant.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Made a post by a mistake without completing it. Now edited and question posted

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    So when Arthas as the Lich king was defeathed we were told that there always must be a Lich king. However, The Helm of Damnation was destroyd, hence all the undeads who were in control now are unleashed and threaten Azeroth. Is this aspect completely ingored in Shadowlands plot?
    I would assume this question will be answered in a storyline by the end of the expansion. It's not answered yet

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    I would assume this question will be answered in a storyline by the end of the expansion. It's not answered yet
    Hum. Yes. I am sure they would never leave such an enormous plot weirdness. The writers would never do that.

Anyway, it was already a weird idea when WotLK was introduced so no wonder they try not to pay it attention.

5+ Year Old Account
    Technically Azeroth is being overran by a headless Scourge as we speak. But it seems that going after Sylvie and Anduin's boring asses is much more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No, it's not ignored. The scourge is still going rampant while we're trying to fix the Shadowlands, with only the Argent Crusade and other Azeroth originations holding them back.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Hum. Yes. I am sure they would never leave such an enormous plot weirdness. The writers would never do that.

Anyway, it was already a weird idea when WotLK was introduced so no wonder they try not to pay it attention.
    Which reminds me of a certain lil' toy being poked down somewhere in Silithus

I think when we kill the Jailer and Bolvar takes his place, he will controll the scourge from within the Maw. Only think which makes sense too me. The legion is destroyed and in this expansion it will be the scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Technically Azeroth is being overran by a headless Scourge as we speak. But it seems that going after Sylvie and Anduin's boring asses is much more important.
    Hmm... Only a few adventurers/champions went through the portal at the top of ICC with the Ebon Blade. With the portal connexion to Oribos, only Ebon Blade reinforcements came (and few other NPC like Calia and Taelia). The Alliance and Horde armies and leadership are still on Azeroth, probably dealing with the Scourge right now.

Considering how hamfisted the writing has been regarding lore continuity, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they pull another fucked up retcon.

Wasn't the whole pre-exp event about that?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Hmmm, if that was all an unleashed Scourge could do, well... We should have ended this LK business way back, making the whole "there must always be a LK" even more nonsensical. Even the pre WotLK zombie event felt more dangerous, and that was 10+ years ago.

dont take anything seriously anymore. the current lore team is recton happy and will change anything to fit their vision.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Rokhan, Turalyon, and the Argent Dawn supposedly have the situation handles but there is no doubt that we will circle back to this crisis later in the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Blizzard said after we come back from Shadowlands there will be some changes and the time doesn't flow the same there so few years could have gone by, my guess the scourge has gone rampart through Azeroth.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion only:

I dont think we have seen the last of Arthas. Arthas was billy badass as the Lich King. I believe we are going to either see a redeemed Arthas come back to fight Sylvanas/Jailer or a completely different Lich King/Sylvanas fight with Arthas whooping her arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Rokhan, Turalyon, and the Argent Dawn supposedly have the situation handles but there is no doubt that we will circle back to this crisis later in the expansion.
    Can't wait for the Razor Hill patch again, we need to do more work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's my understanding. The pre-expansion event shows the undead striking at areas across Azeroth, namely around Orgrimmar and Stormwind and Icecrown. Other areas are presumably also under attack, just not shown in game. Given the narrative focus on the Shadowlands at present, I presume the Scourge won't make any sort of appearance before 9.1 at the earliest, and it more likely will be closer to 9.3 or resolved out of game via some short story or novel.

. Even the pre WotLK zombie event felt more dangerous, and that was 10+ years ago.
    That was a big pain in the ass!
    But a lot of fun!

You felt something big and scary was going down.

(That it actually became a pain for Blizz since there wasn't a time limit on the "infection" and they had to take the servers offline to get rid of their little virus eas quite funny to me)