Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    NOT a complaint thread
    I just think is funny and maybe worth discussing

I have a friend who plays WoW who is a casual newbie player...long story short...i have to boost him on torghast.

There is absolutely no way in hell other Newbies can clear it.
    Just the other day...i, Shadowpunk (best player EU kappa), almost had a heart attack on last boss of the 3rd section...as Havoc Demon Hunter!!!!!
    I only got physical avoidance on my abilities........and the boss ended up being a mage with insane cast damage.

And no matter what you do...dont go as a party of 2 DPS'ers without any hybrid healing class...the boss scales up and hits like a truck sometimes.

----

Kinda surprised...Torghast really makes you "git gud or get boosted"
    Spec vengenace, they are the litteral gods of thorgast.

But yeah i agree that thorgast is suprisingly harsh to newer players. But then again, casual players didnt do masked heroic vision runs either.

What bugs me out the most is how big a difference it is between classes and specs. My vengeance dh alt is stronger than both my alt hunter and main mage combined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Torghast is a bit of an rng fest in what mobs you get and what powers. The place can be a breeze or very difficult. I was doing layer 3 of one zone and it was like doing lfr it was so easy, the other layer 3 I was near death constantly.
    yeah, upper halls was considerably harder, much more traps and that god awfull -haste -movespeed aura is a real bummer
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I can't really tell what the true difficulty will be, but for those claiming that it's a pushover, there absolutely is the potential that you just got lucky on the few runs you did. Rogue-likes are literally designed to have RNG to where you can just easily breeze through shit if you hit the right upgrades. The inverse is also true, and poor upgrades can make the difficulty way harder (but with good play, and thinking about what's given to you, you can usually get by).
    did it 9 or 10 times, 2 times in group of 2, once in 5 an party with tank and healer, rest solo
    hard to say if im so lucky or shaman have some ubercombo skills but had problem once when i though that i need to hoard phantasma for higher lvl`s and haven't bought anything from trader for whole runs on upper doors through all 3 difficulties :P
    Still managed to defeat last boss that spam cast bolts, put diseases on you every couple sec that take ~40% hp, and shit hard hitting pools under himself, costed me 2 deaths tho and some super facepalm when i read that phantasma is lost at end of each run :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Maybe they should pick the right talents and specs, then? And as for RNG upgrades, I have had the worst upgrades in existence and I was still able to clear it.
    I am not even going to comment on gear because I literally did it first thing I reached level 60. And no, I am not good. I am a "newbie" as well.
    so I have to play one of the chosen spec with specific talents to get acces to the legendary system of the xpac? do you realize how stupid this is or not?

good

maybe the absolute joke that was warfronts convinced blizzard to avoid developing content that literally just hands you a win

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    so I have to play one of the chosen spec with specific talents to get acces to the legendary system of the xpac? do you realize how stupid this is or not?
    Why is it stupid?

I find it weirder that there is this expectation of assumed victory.

If you don't want to step up herb or mines for a few days and buy a carry. I would rather no more warfronts or islands assured victory content is always tedious and boring.

It is a complaint from me. I have to do absolutely everything to try and kill the Writhing Soulmass as a Shadow Priest only to be randomly 1 shot everytime I get him to sub 5% hp.. 5 attempts and I'm done.

Either nerf the bosses or buff Shadow for Torghast, holy fuck this spec is so much cancer in this fucking dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Why is it stupid?
    because you are basically telling people to all play the same spec with the same talents..... "Maybe they should pick the right talents and specs, then?"

legendaries are linked to that shit and only some specs with the right talent can complete it? if you don't see a problem with that I don't know what to tell you... picking the fotm specs and talents isn't exactly what I call "stepping up", so go hang yourself with your "herb and mine to buy a carry" reflexion
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-12-02 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    It is a complaint from me. I have to do absolutely everything to try and kill the Writhing Soulmass as a Shadow Priest only to be randomly 1 shot everytime I get him to sub 5% hp.. 5 attempts and I'm done.

Either nerf the bosses or buff Shadow for Torghast, holy fuck this spec is so much cancer in this fucking dungeon.
    You have to do be doing something wrong. Guildie shadow priests are are blowing through Torghast. Hell some of them borderline one shot bosses with anima powers. Make sure you are clearing everything and working on power synergy. Shadow Priest are very strong right now, and in torghast are likely superior to mages because of self heal and better mitigation cds.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You have to do be doing something wrong. Guildie shadow priests are are blowing through Torghast. Hell some of them borderline one shot bosses with anima powers. Make sure you are clearing everything and working on power synergy. Shadow Priest are very strong right now, and in torghast are likely superior to mages because of self heal and better mitigation cds.
    What ilvl are they? I'm 172 and I try and play it so well I feel :/ it's so tilting.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ilvl are they? I'm 172 and I try and play it so well I feel :/ it's so tilting.
    Probably in that range, forgive me if i dont know exact, last night my guild peaked at 332 players online, so i don't know everyone super closely. They were players from some of our mythic teams, so typically play above average. My guild has all types of players, and i know i see some who struggle in torghast, but i have yet to see a Spriest complain, mostly has been dps warriors and enhancement shamans having the biggest issue from my experience.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Spec vengenace, they are the litteral gods of thorgast.

But yeah i agree that thorgast is suprisingly harsh to newer players. But then again, casual players didnt do masked heroic vision runs either.

What bugs me out the most is how big a difference it is between classes and specs. My vengeance dh alt is stronger than both my alt hunter and main mage combined
    I tried it (with Vengeance) and failed to boost him on layer 3. last boss.

It seems like the boss "tankyness" gets bigger because is counting to deal with 2 players with huge powers...
    Also boss gains stacks of more damage like an enrage.
    My friend does no damage and I do little damage also as Vengeance.

So we wiped last boss :3

Probably in that range, forgive me if i dont know exact, last night my guild peaked at 332 players online, so i don't know everyone super closely. They were players from some of our mythic teams, so typically play above average. My guild has all types of players, and i know i see some who struggle in torghast, but i have yet to see a Spriest complain, mostly has been dps warriors and enhancement shamans having the biggest issue from my experience.
    Seems legit, I'll try gear up a bit more and go again.. If not, I'm falling back on either Unholy DK or Veng DH haha..

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    because you are basically telling people to all play the same spec with the same talents..... "Maybe they should pick the right talents and specs, then?"

legendaries are linked to that shit and only some specs with the right talent can complete it? if you don't see a problem with that I don't know what to tell you... picking the fotm specs and talents isn't exactly what I call "stepping up", so go hang yourself with your "herb and mine to buy a carry" reflexion
    Welcome to world of warcraft?

It's been this way for 16 years now. It just finally dawned on you now it's mostly solo content. WoW has been a min maxing game since vanilla.

See this as an opportunity to learn more about your class. Use your wits to overcome this obstacle and grow don't ask for it to be nerfed. Worst case you can brute force it till you get good anima drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems legit, I'll try gear up a bit more and go again.. If not, I'm falling back on either Unholy DK or Veng DH haha..
    Its also heavily reliant on what powers you take. Be willing to take some of the tankier powers. I have seen so many people sleep on the absorb shield for looting phantasma, or the increase health powers. Also the vendor sells a pot that is 30% increased damage as long as you are in combat. Layer 3 of Mort boss took me 35 seconds to kill as a destro lock last night.

Its also heavily reliant on what powers you take. Be willing to take some of the tankier powers. I have seen so many people sleep on the absorb shield for looting phantasma, or the increase health powers. Also the vendor sells a pot that is 30% increased damage as long as you are in combat. Layer 3 of Mort boss took me 35 seconds to kill as a destro lock last night.
    I would pass on the shield it becomes weaker and weaker the further you go. Flat vers and %hp is the better way to go I found.

It seems like the boss "tankyness" gets bigger because is counting to deal with 2 players with huge powers...

Take this is an opportunity to teach your friend, that is new, how to play the game.
    Gear he can get in a matter of days and it is easily replaceable. Skill he will have forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I would pass on the shield it becomes weaker and weaker the further you go. Flat vers and %hp is the better way to go I found.
    Yeah, but you dont always get the %hp or vers ones offered. I take %hp every time, but if i have the choice between an absorb early or a low damage or mawrat perk, ill take the absorb. Now of course i wont take it on floor 5, cause you will never stack it high enough at that point.

ah, yeah the boss can be a problem i guess. especially if unlucky with powers. If your bastion, try to get everything that buffs elysian decree
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Yeah, but you dont always get the %hp or vers ones offered. I take %hp every time, but if i have the choice between an absorb early or a low damage or mawrat perk, ill take the absorb. Now of course i wont take it on floor 5, cause you will never stack it high enough at that point.
    I honestly don't think anyone ever wants maw rat perks. I can't tell if they intentionally made them awful to be the " you never want this option," or if the wow devs honestly think that people want to waste upgrades to try and wrangle nusuance mobs together for minor aoe.

The stacking hp one is alright if you get it early usually but I've never been happy to see a maw rat upgrade and my main has about 6 anima tied to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I meant.. maby not go in at below 80-110 ilvl,get some gear first
    You have to be 60 just to get in. You will be far over 110 by the time you ding 60. If you aren't, you deliberately refused to use the gear during your questing.