Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is a solid expansion, probably the best since Pandaria.
    Cataclysm. Pandaria was a write off for adding cuddle bears and making us fight our unhealthy emotions as unbalanced children playing a fantasy video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Cataclysm. Pandaria was a write off for adding cuddle bears and making us fight our unhealthy emotions as unbalanced children playing a fantasy video game.
    Pandaria fixed a lot of the systems that made Cata meh though, most people liked it.

Bfa sucked from the first time you set foot in boralus tbh
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I enjoyed the story quite a bit, im one of the rare few who actually read quest text and dont bum rush through the main quests, and they did an outstanding job on it and made me feel immersed.

That being said the gameplay is trash. Their disgusting scaling makes lvling in pve just feel like a chore, going from wiping out a large group of mobs at lvl 55 and then having to go to barely surviving 1 at a time at 58 is rediculous.

The endgame is still the same boring bs that its been since legion, my hopes that it would change and be interesting were dashed, and torghast is just a cheap filler content that had its design ripped from ffxivs palace of the dead and heaven on high with bonus buffs thrown in.

I like Shadowlands and haven't heard anything negative about it in game. All the complainers seem to be online and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they weren't even playing the game, just complaining. There's lots on this forum alone who haven't played in several years but keep up on the news and complain about every little thing in WoW. I think the negativity you're hearing largely comes from the people who love to come and troll players.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Even in BC and Wrath, you could tell the systems that were in place during the leveling process as well as pretty early upon reaching max level. There was a lot to do (double the dungeons for example) and even professions had something to aspire towards. You had new races or class with corresponding new zones. Raids were linear...you didn't just do the latest raid.
    Shadowlands objectively has A LOT more to do than WotLK once you reach max level (as did BFA and Legion, if that wasn't obvious). WotLK was also the expansion that started making old raids obsolete. Yes, you raided Naxx to gear up for Ulduar, but once ToC was relased, you could and would skip Naxx and Ulduar with the ToC 5man and Emblem gear, same thing with skipping ToC once ICC was released and the ICC 5mans made ToC obsolete.

The only expansion that had less "stuff to do" than WotLK once you hit max level, was WoD, with Cata being compareable to WotLK since its systems and game design was just a more polished version of WotLK.

If you hated WoD for it's "raid or die" philosopy, you would also hate WotLK once the nostalgia wears off, as the character progression is extremely similair once you hit max level. This is coming from somebody who has been actively playing a Blizzlike (+ harder raids) WotLK private server in the downtime before SL, and is still raidlogging now after SL.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2020-12-02 at 04:35 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria fixed a lot of the systems that made Cata meh though, most people liked it.
    Yeah, but like every expansion it added it's own issues that got fixed in WoD.

I didn't mind Cata. I liked the difficulty of the dungeons as it reminded me of TBC heroics.

Because they didn't like it at all at any point since the announcement, and because they don't like it, they won't give it a chance.

Because this is the first expansion since I started playing wow that I was so bored I ended up going and playing different games...by day 2 of launch. I haven't even played it since Friday of last week, it is so completely dull and irrelevant to the WoW storyline to me I just don't care. I got burned by WoD, it feels kinda like that to me but at least that felt like WoW, this does not, it's not happening again. Hell the only reason I'm here and saw this post is out of habit of clicking on the shortcut I have for MMOChampion on my break. I think WoW is over with for me, it has been getting long in the tooth and I think the only reason I've played so long is habit and fomo.

Shit, even the "week 2 what to do" on the front page seems incredibly short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    I understand BC and WotLK widowers are passionate, I know, I started in BC.

But the xpac just launched. So with that being said, how are people writing off Shadowlands?

Like, please keep your emotions to yourself, I just need something concise and detailed.

Its been a couple weeks, isn't it a little premature to call this a "bad" xpac?

Thanks and please, lets keep this clean and respectful. I mean try.
    if you're willing to sift through the vitriol from players who are just salty and look for the legitimate feedback, A LOT of players could give a concise evaluation based on past experience and educated guess, because if the past 3 expansions is anything to go by then it's a strong bet that this expansion is also going to be subpar and poor overall.

But the xpac just launched. So with that being said, how are people writing off Shadowlands?

Like, please keep your emotions to yourself, I just need something concise and detailed.

if you go to mcdonalds 5x and recieve poor service each time, you start writing them off even when a new mcdonalds opens nearby and don't even give them a try.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

People have different opinions man.

Who said it's bad besides the same 20 people on this forum who quit "this trash game" every week and whatever topic you would bring up they will find a way to say that blizz/wow is trash? Take few more sources, blizz video comments, reddit, fan made videos/comments or reviews. So far it's way more positive than anything else. I can't see this better than Legion was but some people can and I see why.

Seems like a great expansion to me so far personally, minus some nit-picky things about the maw, like no mounts. Im sure once mythic raid opens up it'll be even more of a blast.

i think shadowlands is fine.

It is a solid expansion, probably the best since Pandaria.
    Legion fan here
    I dismissed MoP because of my ignorance, tho I would like to try it now - MoP Classic 2028! Not the gardening quests tho.

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    As of right now, there's nothing to do. Gating and throttling content shouldn't be a thing.
    it 100% should,players have proven since legion that they need protecting from themselves,this early expansion gating is good to let players level and experience the classes at their own pace,not force players to rush from second 1 to login to cap and get in the raid,like we did in wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The gameplay in pandaria post the first major patch was fantastic - to your point it was the theme that was terrible, and for many gameplay > all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account

So you can't fathom why people would feel that way? Why they would feel compelled to not only come to MMO-Champion but literally any other place to voice their disdain just only a week after the expansion launches? The same trend that happens after every WoW expansion launch?

All of that, and the irony of whining about the whiners.

A friend of mine bought the expansion pack like as soon as it was made available to preorder, has since decided it's shit and his character hasn't progressed past Icecrown. Some people have just had enough of the game and nothing will make them play it, no matter how good. I think SL is off to a pretty good start, don't have any strong feelings however.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4