Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Class tuning versus all mobs seems weird. On Havoc DH, I did struggle really hard to kill layer 1 boss, until I found the right combination of anima powers. The weird part comes from the outdoor mobs, any mob can kill me in 3 hits If I don`t hit back and be lucky to generate orbs..On Hunter BM, the pet doesn`t even feel the dmg of the elite mobs outdoors...maybe we have to wait until blizz gets enough information and release a good balance patch in the following weeks.
    iLVL is 155.
    Last edited by timshuku; 2020-11-29 at 03:57 PM.

Done it on Demon Hunter Vengeance (tremendously easy, 140 ilvl), and Balance Druid (146 ilvl, double elites with 10 stacks getting immune were hard, but 'one-shotted' boss with convoke ability).

Powers have a huge impact and can make runs very different. Can't wait for higher levels.

Also, some bosses have mechanics that you need to respect, like a caster that a certain spell needs to be interrupt (or break los), etc etc.

It's not that hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Tanks always have it easy with everything baked in.

You have to have a little more skill to play a dps in those scenario.
    yes we do. Cant complain there...most DPS cant get through to start. will take some people to almost out gear the place to get through easily. Locks and hunters might be the exception. they have pocket tanks at least. I see by the comments that a few other classes have it easier than others.

With getting extremely unlucky with anima powers at 178ilevel Arcane. Only thing I really struggled was the final boss of the 2nd tower. And even that I could kite with slow, spellsteal and spamming abarr.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Level 3 mobs are out healing my damage. And the last boss on Floor 6 just completely wrecks me. Any tips? Or do I just need to get more gear?
    I went with a group for the second level 3. after I had difficulty with one level 3.

When I went with a group I went with the anima power that raises in power when casting from invisible. I stacked 2 of those and took a large of his health when I was fully charged.

148 Frost here. Everything on 1, 2, and the first 5 floors of 3 were faceroll easy. Blindfolded, one-handed, laughably easy. But then the 3rd layer end boss obliterated me into failure without even breaking a sweat. I never got him under 35% on any attempt. Yay.

EDIT: I will say that I only had time to try layer three once, and I did get stuck with some pretty worthless anima powers. It's conceivable that I could have beaten him with some good ones.
    Last edited by Ryonas; 2020-12-01 at 08:31 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I would say gear issue. This is no Dark Souls, if a mob outheals your damage or kills you way faster than you can kill him, 9 on 10 is a not enough dps issue, thus probably a gear issue.

The 10 on 10 situation is you simply pressing random buttons but I guess that if you made it till floor 6 is not the case.
    Making it to floor 6 is a faceroll. Just a waste of time killing trash until you get to the last boss. I died twice at 6K hp left on him... it is a waste of time to go in there and do the whole thing to change powers around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I struggled on layer 3 of Upper Reaches until i switched to fire. Having cauterize and Combustion burst just really made it easier. My mage was definitely harder than my less geared warlock though.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage here, ilvl 154. having zero fun with Torghast since the first two runs after launch last week. I'm done with it for now, been trying everyday multiple times daily since. Everything is so damn easy until the final boss which I just can't get down. I get him to about 20% or so and run out of cooldowns, frost nova, blink etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dozilla View Post
    Frost mage here, ilvl 154. having zero fun with Torghast since the first two runs after launch last week. I'm done with it for now, been trying everyday multiple times daily since. Everything is so damn easy until the final boss which I just can't get down. I get him to about 20% or so and run out of cooldowns, frost nova, blink etc.
    i havent stepped in to torghast before ilvl 165 and from what i heard, itemlevel does make a huge difference in the early floors

Frost mage in the Mort'regar wing sucks! You can't really kite at all on those tiny platforms...

I've done Torghast as Arcane and Fire, ilvl 165-172, few things I've learned:
    • Fire feels way better than Arcane - the extra mobility, combustion burst, and short CD stun are just too helpful
    • You really gotta use all your survival tools. I'll Alter Time into Combustion for a future "heal" so I can stand and burst, then Frost nova, blink(shimmer), mirror image, Dragon's breath, blink, etc. Most stuff should be dead soon after combustion ends, though.
    • Anima Powers really matter prioritize powers that help with end boss. Sheep bomb is cool, but not a priority.
    • To clear layer boss you NEED at least one of the following, and any other power that buffs it:
    - Runecloth Wrappings The damage of Arcane Blast, Fireball and Frostbolt is increased by 2000% when you cast it while Invisible.
    - Highly-Polished Handmirror Your Mirror Images become more intelligent, gaining access to more spells and abilities.
    - Triune Ward Casting any Barrier spell grants the effects of Blazing Barrier, Ice Barrier, and Prismatic Barrier.
    • Runecloth Wrappings if Arcane spec will oneshot literally anything if you set it up right.
    Curious Miasma When you attack a new creature, you are healed for (480% of Spell power). Is AMAZING at helping clear floors faster and surviving surprises.
    Fire Juggler Your Fire Blast launches your enemy into the air. is a god send, but layer boss will be immune after awhile.

i suspect that once we are able to climb higher, arcane will be the goto spec simply because of the combo of the AB dmg from invis and AB dmg from destroying phylacteris.
    Its especially powerfull in the twisting corridor mode where getting 100 phylactery stacks is easy.

Currently thou in the 6floor portals we are alittle more pressed. Not using arcane blast for several floors to stack up phylacteris are more punishing now.

and.. should blizz ever nerf that combo of abilites we are gonna have a rough time on bosses... Im not sure if mirror image from blinks could save it, maybe. Just stack blink cd reducion+smarter mirror immages and warp around xD Could be fun.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by timshuku View Post
    Class tuning versus all mobs seems weird. On Havoc DH, I did struggle really hard to kill layer 1 boss, until I found the right combination of anima powers. The weird part comes from the outdoor mobs, any mob can kill me in 3 hits If I don`t hit back and be lucky to generate orbs..On Hunter BM, the pet doesn`t even feel the dmg of the elite mobs outdoors...maybe we have to wait until blizz gets enough information and release a good balance patch in the following weeks.
    iLVL is 155.
    Yeah, at least now early in the expansion it seems highly tuned in favor of ranged pet classes over melee. My Destruction Warlock can pretty much sleepwalk all the way through Level 3 by using Void Walker to hold agrro and then just standing back and whittling down groups and bosses with Rain of Fire/Cataclysm, also have plenty of healing and shields if I draw aggro, not to mention using Demonic Portal to skip all the trap mechanism. But tried the same thing with my Fury Warrior and it was tedious slog with lots of downtime for healing, since they don't have much in the way of reliable healing and 0no real way to avoid trap rooms (though heroic leap helps on the smaller trap rooms).

Runecloth wrappings is super strong in groups when some1 can keep boss engaged while you pop touch of the magi arcane power then go invis and fire a ab4 (better with pom) oneshotting nearly everything
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    i suspect that once we are able to climb higher, arcane will be the goto spec simply because of the combo of the AB dmg from invis and AB dmg from destroying phylacteris.
    Its especially powerfull in the twisting corridor mode where getting 100 phylactery stacks is easy.

Currently thou in the 6floor portals we are alittle more pressed. Not using arcane blast for several floors to stack up phylacteris are more punishing now.

and.. should blizz ever nerf that combo of abilites we are gonna have a rough time on bosses... Im not sure if mirror image from blinks could save it, maybe. Just stack blink cd reducion+smarter mirror immages and warp around xD Could be fun.
    The spam blink + MI was already a thing in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Layer 3 is pure random generated garbage. i ran over 40 runs solo as rogue sub and assa specced. This is not doable solo, anyone who claims different is either working for blizz and spreading fake agenda or boosted. This Content is fake and only in game for selling boost. I did 10 Trys in groups so far, no changes. It is literally just worse.

Feel pretty bad for some of the struggling classes. It's pretty easy as a Night Fae Feral Druid...great self-healing and absolutely insane burst with Convoke. It pretty much one shots every boss but the last one, especially if you get lucky with traits.

They need to work on balancing for sure but I wouldn't be too bothered if you can't clear layer 3. We're in baby gear.

So, this was a hot topic in my friendlist and guild. Many were not able to clear layer3 and many said it was impossible on some classes like spriest/fire mage/all rogue+warrior specs.

Now comes my part of the discussion, I'm playing with 1-2k ms AT BEST, it spikes randomly to 10k+ sometimes even disconnecting me without any notice, I can't play in groups cause apparently too much flow of information and everything plays so slowly, like I'd see a spell or 2 every 10 seconds and then after 10 minutes everything that has been done will be played instantly and it would disconnect me, so I can't do dungeons or bgs. I simple do torghast and wqs, my ilvl on doing both layer 3s from last week and this week are in the 130-140ilvl range.

So it was a breeze, yeah. I didn't feel challenged one bit, which boggles my mind how some mythic raiders that I raided with say that it's impossible on a 160ilvl mage/priest("you have to play disc or you cant do torghast btw"). Then I go with 130ilvl fresh out of leveling, didn't even buy AH gear cause I'm stupid and didn't think it would be cheap, and I would kill the so called impossible bosses in each first attempt. Only times that I died was when I was dc'd or my latency went to the roof and even then sometimes I manage to come back last second and survive but that still didn't end my run because of 4 deaths. I even made videos of me playing and started sending it any one in my guild who says they're struggling.

Point is, if I can do it with 1-2k ms (reminder: at best), 130ilvl, pvp talents and pvp covenant, didn't even read rotation(Very noticable if someone saw my dps rotation in the videos), then the only possible answer that I can come up with for someone struggling to beat torghast, is that they're just bad at their class.

One more note:
    I played the beta with the same net, did a fire mage and an ele sham(Also was one of the 'impossible' specs) run at layer 6 with if I remember correctly 160ilvl, and found it challenging, but I'm sure by the time they're released on live people will be waay more than 160ilvl, so let's not bring the argument that the later layers will be difficult. The only thing that I'm actually looking forward to is twisted corridors, since they said it will be like a challenge mode, so I assume extra difficult
    Last edited by CylomDashti; 2020-12-02 at 06:06 PM.

I have not had any problems with Lvl 1 and 2 and trash packs/elites/rares in Layer 3. Its the end bosses from Layer 3 that wreck me. I have yet to get really good powers on layer 3 as well so that may be part of it. (ilvl 170 Arcane)