Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    im fat and i just bought taco bell and am drinking a beer right now....i cant stop.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    im fat and i just bought taco bell and am drinking a beer right now....i cant stop.
    You can, friend, you just don't realise that the really bad shit happens in the latter years of your precious life. Ask yourself, do you want to live independently, or at the mercy of nursing homes. My brother worked in a few nursing homes and he expressly told me that if he ever ended up in one, to put him down out of mercy.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2020-12-02 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    More flesh, fewer seeds, SWEETER. Fruit was typically BITTER. It was bred to have more sugar, which study after study after study (unless paid for by entities that had stakes) has shown a net negative affect to humans. We evolved that sugar should be RARE, not a COMMON source of energy.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me just add, I agree low carb isn't for everyone. But we're talking about such a minority that 98% could do lower carb and reap the benefits. So you're technically correct, but if you have the willpower to do it, you WILL be healthier. Also, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, fuck off processed food. Eat REAL food.
    actualy, its the other way around. minority do well with low carb. majority NEED carbs to function properly,

sugar is NOT. EVIL. STOP IT. if it requires that much will power - its not sustainable. food should be something that nurtures us, NOT something that stresses us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    You have to understand that they have selectively bred fruit to become extremely palatable, they're not the fruit from centuries ago that were incredibly different to what they are now.
    And people aren't the same either. Then it was about physical labor and constantly moving...and when children weren't doing laborious chores, they were running about playing.
    Jobs today are more...sedentary. And children at play today resemble the same activity level.
    And either are less likely to eat fresh fruit and more likely to eat gummie bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And people aren't the same either. Then it was about physical labor and constantly moving...and when children weren't doing laborious chores, they were running about playing.
    Jobs today are more...sedentary. And children at play today resemble the same activity level.
    And either are less likely to eat fresh fruit and more likely to eat gummie bears.
    THIS. thank you!

and well food was not as readily available, so people generally ate less. the funny thing is, now with refrigeration, we have better acess to fresher food. back then it was smoking, drying, canning, salting... preserving by whatever means possible or starving and those preservation methods weren't always the "healthiest" but having to constantly move and just not having as much food - took care of that.

you know I've lived in US for a few decades now and i STILL cannot get used to so many people driving or taking public transport for the absolute shortest distances, to the point where it takes longer to drive etc then to just walk over to wherever it is that they are going. and its not just walking, a lot of tasks, chores used to be done manually. everything from washing the dishes, to laundry, to firewood, and so on and so forth. now - we have machinery to do this for us and do not get me wrong - I am GLAD that we do. it gives us more time for other things, and it often does a better job to boot. but a lot of people are simply not compensating for reduced required activity. couple that with easy availability of snacks, highly palatable, quickly digestible so you are hungry almost as soon as you finished eating them..... and NONE of that is due to people eating too much fresh fruit.

You can do that still. Just in moderation. The whole thing is moderation. I know I had a cheat day a couple days ago and when I was starting to feel bad about it I did some research. One of the things I came across is the Rock has one cheat day, every single week. Now I'm not sure about going to that extreme, (not gonna lie sounds nice) but look at that man. So I allowed myself to relax a bit that day.

I already posted I started to pursue a more healthier lifestyle before covid hit. Paying attention to physical stuff happened later when the covid shock subsided and I got back onto what I was originally thinking of pursuing. The results have been good. It hasn't even been six months yet, since I started. I'm not really at the point I want to be but it's going.

You don't do ab work outs and get abs the next day...
    That would be fantastic, just incredibly unrealistic.

Anyways with some of the work out videos I been using. I see a lot of comments saying, "When quarantine ends, people are rather going to be incredibly unhealthy. Or incredibly fit." You get to pick. I know which one I am going with. I'm gonna keep going. I did take some pics to show my progress (where I am at currently) but I'm not entirely sure if I want to share that. I just wanted a comparison for the next couple of months. While on double lockdown due to winter now too.

I weighed almost 100 kg 2 years ago. I ate a lot of candy, cakes etc. If I started eating it I simply couldn't stop.
    And one day I completely stopped eating anything sugary: Candy, cake, soft drinks, juice (there is as much sugar in juice as in a cola), fruit etc.
    I weigh just above 80 kgs now.

But I simply had to remove anything with sugar from my household. That means I don't have any jam, honey, sugar, ice cream etc. at all at home. So when my son needs to have his Friday candy then we go to the shop and buy just enough for him for that day. Nothing stays in my fridge or my cupboard for else I'll eat it.

So my solution wasn't to limit myself, my solution was to completely abstain from something particular.

And it wasn't easy, and still isn't easy. I also smoked before and it was much easier to stop smoking than to stop eating sugar. The urge to smoke went away after a couple of weeks with the shakes and then the urge was gone. Sugar still draws me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Kind of though, your body doesn't use every gram you intake as energy. Much of the protein is used as protein to build things in the body and not for energy. Excess carbs are turned into fat stores in the body by the liver.
    You read labels and calculate which values you need (like with TDEE calculator, google it), and then you make a diet plan. Alternatively, for ease, there are VLCD's like Nupo (where I come from).

It's also a great idea to establish if you have issues with carbs. Carbs are important, a few bodily functions that need them. Hard keto is a thing, but you should never do it for prolonged periods of time unless you have a medical reason to do so, but keto does work, it's what I'm doing atm.

Depends how overweight you are. If you're very, start slowly, it will take a long time. Walk. Find something you can change without changing too much. If you overwhelm yourself by doing too much, you'll give up. At this point, you don't want a diet, you want something you will be able to do for the rest of your life. For example walk a number of minutes at a time where it is convenient -start with 15 mins and go up. And change - you need to figure out what works best for you. For example, if you like sweets, you will never be able to give up on them. So eat them in the morning only, for example and then at supper eat only soup (If you feel ok with it). Either way, mentally you need to make only changes that do not feel restrictive or like chores, that you feel you can do for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-12-02 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Stop drinking anything besides water

Stop eating between meals

Reduce the food that's bad for you - and you know obviously what's bad for you

Exercise 2-3 hours a week

Sleep at least 6 hours a night, don't eat or drink late

That's really all you need to know if your goal is simply weight loss, do all of these things and you WILL lose weight unless some pre-existing condition stops you
    Well that's no fun
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Well that's no fun
    I can assure you, feeling way better once you lose some weight is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    I went from 308 to 165 with Keto. Super easy. Yeah you have to cut carbs but you can eat all the meat (bacon!) you want!
    I've also recently started Keto and I am down 10 pounds, started at 223, my goal is 185 or so. It's tough dropping the carbs but it's worth it. I used to be heavily addicted to Monster energy drinks which did not help either, I've switched them out for the sugar free ones and I drink less of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    actualy, its the other way around. minority do well with low carb. majority NEED carbs to function properly,

sugar is NOT. EVIL. STOP IT. if it requires that much will power - its not sustainable. food should be something that nurtures us, NOT something that stresses us out.
    Completely disagree, most people thrive on low carb. There is a period of adaptation that occurs in the first week - month which a lot of people will just give up then (just a matter of willpower), and people can also eat very unhealthily on low carb, which is why it's best to eat real food like I said before. It's hard to kick because it's literally a dopamine like rush. Meth feels so good and is really hard to kick, doesn't mean we were meant to have it lol. After a month or so of being low carb, I no longer craved sugar, it's not some constant battle you will always have once you switch. It's bad. Simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    None of that has an impact on your diet. The difference is what your body uses as its primary source of energy: Fat or carbs.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2020-12-02 at 11:06 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Eat and exercise regularly, get rid of suggar and junk food from your diet. Easy to say especially during Covid19 lockdown, I gained 3 kg.

10+ Year Old Account
    lop off a leg. who needs two anyway?

This is for the seriously overweight. I pushed into the low 300s in my teens and stayed there for nearly a decade and a half, at 28 my knees where getting creaky and my back was having problems and I knew I had to do something. Over three years I've shed 140 pounds and still slowly dropping, I'd tried losing weight plenty of times before but it never stuck, the biggest problem in the failed attempts? I tried to exercise. Fuck exercise when you're fat! Feel the burn? More like feel your shins threatening to splinter and your heart getting ready to explode. Trying to include exercise is what ruined every prior attempt, after a week or two I'd just give up. So this time I just didn't even try to include it.

I looked up how many calories a healthy adult of my gender and height passive burn just being alive each day and set my cap 250 calories below that. I carried a notepad in my pocket and wrote down everything I ate and it's caloric cost. Pure calorie deficit is where it's at, you can eat whatever you want whenever you want, as long as you don't go over your daily cap. That's it. If you hit the cap by lunch well have a sad hungry night, you won't let it happen again trust me. I learned what foods filled up my note pad faster then my stomach, and I stopped eating them. Protip potato's are amazers for weight loss if you don't put anything but seasoning on them. Are they bland? Yeah. But they fill the gnawing void in your gut, and that matters a lot in those first few months until your stomach shrinks a bit.

It obviously still takes willpower, but it was the easiest / least effort required of the available options and when you're struggling with something that can be the difference between success and failure. I'm not saying exercise is bad, now that it doesn't induce profound agony I get out and exercise fairly regularly, I just feel like telling obese people to exercise to lose weight is deeply unproductive. Like if you haven't lived it you just don't understand how much harder it is when your that big.

Count calories and see what intake/burn limits works for you. It is really important to move daily and DO NOT skimp on water.

I used to have a nap every day at ~6-8pm. After day of coding I was doing it just to rest my head and eyes, or sometimes to get over a headache. Had this habit for at least 5 years and it was really wrecking my daily routine. Work, nap, dinner and slouch till sleep. I gained over 35kgs (77lbs) during that time. And once i saw 100kgs on a scale, I decided that it can't go like that any longer.

Replaced nap time with active time. Got a treadmill at home so there was no excuse to blame bad weather and get lazy. And I started counting calories. Made a rule of less than 2000 daily intake and at least 3000 calories burned daily and tried to stick with it. I try to eat healthy food, but do not avoid junk food completely. I just cut it by a lot. Hamburger with a drink and fries can easily be 500-800-1000 calories. Be aware of it and plan your daily intake accordingly. But I notice that with time passing, the cravings for sugar or quick food is diminishing.

It's been 3.5 months since I started it, and I went from 100kgs to ~92 (haven't seen 92.x for ~2 years).

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple....

Naw but really just don't eat in between meals.
    Stop drinking pop and sugary shit.
    Cut down on junk food.
    Drink water.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2020-12-02 at 11:35 PM.

I had always been the type that could eat anything I wanted and not gain a pound....until I hit age 30. Then I started packing on the pounds, got up to 260 at one point (I had been around 170 before). Tried all the diets, low calorie, low carb, I just couldn't stick with any of them they were far too restrictive. What finally worked for me is just cutting out all fast foods, snack foods (chips, candy) and sugary soft drinks. I just started eating three normal meals a day like egg and slice of toast for breakfast, or a chicken breast and rice for dinner and drinking mostly water with maybe a spitz of lemon. Nothing restrictive just basically whatever I wanted in regular portions. Since last July I've lost 65lbs by doing nothing but cutting out the junk and snacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I used to think so, but once you start and your body begins to change and you feel so much better all of the time - it's 100% worth it

The less you eat for example, the less you will want to eat - and you'll feel great

This is just me - you might not need to change at all, and no one should feel forced to, if you're happy you're happy - but I was at a point where my back would hurt just sitting down, my body would ache, and I would feel compelled to eat until I felt sick - there was literally nothing I could do about it (of course there was but I wasn't resilient enough to take control of myself)

I'm 22 so I'm still young, and I've probably been heavier than most people ever get (I'm quite tall as well which doesn't help) - right now I'm at my ideal weight - the only thing I regret is not doing something sooner

My advice to anyone on the fence is stop making excuses, no matter how scary it is - and just start and don't let anything get in your way, it gets easier the further in you get - if you can do it for a week, you can do it for a month - if you can do it for a month - you can do it for a year and most people can achieve what they need to in that time
    Usually when I don't eat I'm super hungry and thus grumpy but in the last year and a half I have dropped like 25 lbs without trying much except doing lots of walking and going "plant based" the walking was not with the intent to lose weight and neither was the diet change.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.