Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Anyone else find them a bit time-consuming? Compared to Legion and BFA's World Quests (I didn't play much of BFA so I might be wrong, only did early WQs in it)
    I really dislike not being able to do some World Quests while in a group. Maybe it is a bug but some World Quests only react to your personal contribution, your group members contributions do not count.
    Completing 3-5 World Quests takes almost an hour for me, maybe I suck but all I am saying is that it wasn't like this back in Legion and early BFA.
    yes, objective wise they are very time intensive right now.
    But i think with gear it might get better. ( i hope, because my moonkin does bleeb damage right now).

I find it worse that there is no more gear from them.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    They take longer but are entirely optional. They basically have zero affect on your player progression outside of Callings. I like this style infinitely better than BFA zerg fest WQs.
    so what's the point?? more tedious, less rewarding and entirely optional. this is not going to make the feature more popular....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    so what's the point?? more tedious, less rewarding and entirely optional. this is not going to make the feature more popular....
    News flash, world quests were never popular. They are now entirely optional unless you want to squeeze out a bit more anima. Reputations are almost entirely cosmetic, so if you want to grind rep for a cool weapon mog, you can do WQs, but this is the best solution. No more logging on to do homework style world quests. Also the gear rewards itemlevel is either tied to renown or covenant campaign progress (not sure which) because on beta they did eventually offer higher item level rewards.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

News flash, world quests were never popular. They are now entirely optional unless you want to squeeze out a bit more anima. Reputations are almost entirely cosmetic, so if you want to grind rep for a cool weapon mog, you can do WQs, but this is the best solution. No more logging on to do homework style world quests. Also the gear rewards itemlevel is either tied to renown or covenant campaign progress (not sure which) because on beta they did eventually offer higher item level rewards.
    there is no news flash, smartass. that's exactly what I'm saying.... world quest were never popular and by making them more tedious and less rewarding I don't think it's going on the right direction, don't you think???

you want to make them less rewarding, why making them more tedious?? or if you want to make them more tedious, why less rewarding?? it doesn't make sense....
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-12-02 at 02:18 PM.

The World Quests this expansion are horrible. There are few good ones, a lot of bad ones and a ton of very bad ones, especially the ones where you have to get to the end of the map / through an elite mob zone (with no flight master around and no whistle) and they even have a hidden second or third stage.

I never liked WQs, but in Shadowlands they achieved to make them even worse than before by making them incredibly tedious and annoying. Plus, the rewards are mostly crap which results in me not doing WQs at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

interesting -you collected already all 184 conduits ? because i got like 4 of those from callings - with 0 dropping in m0 .

wq iself are usless indeed - but callings are far from usless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    there is no news flash, smartass. that's exactly what I'm saying.... world quest were never popular and by making them more tedious and less rewarding I don't think it's going on the right direction, don't you think???

that's cool when you don't like it and you don't have to do them. but then what's even the point of putting them in the game? making it harder and longer for players relying on them?

you want to make them less rewarding, why making them more tedious?? it doesn't make sense....
    They are largely more rewarding for the rewards they offer. They give quite a bit of Rep and the anima gained doesnt suck. They just dont give power upgrades. They are an alternative system for people looking to fill time. They are good the way they are. Honestly, the only change is i miss flight master whistle, because some of these things are in the boonies...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    interesting -you collected already all 184 conduits ? because i got like 4 of those from callings - with 0 dropping in m0 .

wq iself are usless indeed - but callings are far from usless
    No because the conduits dropping from WQ are not typically good for my spec or not even for my spec (so many demonology conduits). I don't go out and collect thigns just to have them sit a book to never be used. Also i never said Callings were useless, i said they were the only exception to WQs being optional.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    But they still take a lot longer to finish. I also don't get why people are saying the rewards are better, they aren't.
    Yes, they are. It's very noticeable with gold and rep rewards. I've yet to see a gold reward of less than 200g.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wouldn't mind the mediocre rewards so much if traveling in this expansion wasn't such a pain in the ass.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't mind the mediocre rewards so much if traveling in this expansion wasn't such a pain in the ass.
    This is basically the biggest problem with WQ right now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind some of em taking more time when i dont need to do more than a few per day, if that even.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I have no problem with time-consuming or travelling. But this is becoming more and more arcade game. I signed up for World of Warcraft, not World of VehicleQuest or SuperMario. Instead of obliterating universally hated tortollan-like quest now every second one is like this.

This is the worst part of the expansion so far. And why it was need to fix something that doesn't need fixing? Why? The only thing WQs needed was a little more variation per rotation, NOT A GODDAMNED arcade

No it isn't. There is no point in doing them since the rewards are terrible. Once again the devs show they have no clue what the term "happy medium" is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, they are. It's very noticeable with gold and rep rewards. I've yet to see a gold reward of less than 200g.
    NO they aren't. There is no gear and gold doesn'
    really matter when you don't have anything to spend it on This is FAR worse than last time..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have ANY source on WQs not being popular?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Do you have ANY source on WQs not being popular?
    Since their introduction in MOP, people have complained and moaned about them. Even Ion once jokingly called MOP era WOW world of Dailycraft. There is a reason they have been massively reiterated on every expansion. My source is the fact that Blizzard constantly modifies the design paradigm of World Quests every expansion. The last Blizzcon they even said the intention is to make them not feel as important so people do not feel like they are missing out if they don't log on every night.

Considering how few you "have" to do daily, I don't see the problem with them taking a little longer.

Since their introduction in MOP, people have complained and moaned about them. Even Ion once jokingly called MOP era WOW world of Dailycraft. There is a reason they have been massively reiterated on every expansion. My source is the fact that Blizzard constantly modifies the design paradigm of World Quests every expansion. The last Blizzcon they even said the intention is to make them not feel as important so people do not feel like they are missing out if they don't log on every night.
    Lol, world quests in MoP, thats something I would've liked to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Neony View Post
    The best WQs were the ones where you had to kill a single mob, everything else felt tedious.
    agree, those were my favorite, I don't like any of the new ones.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Lol, world quests in MoP, thats something I would've liked to see.
    You realize daily quests are no different except one you have to go to the quest giver and the other populates automatically correct? Or you just being pedantic to troll?

You realize daily quests are no different except one you have to go to the quest giver and the other populates automatically correct?
    Which really raises the question - why didn't they just make dailies into WQs instead? Seems kind of a step backwards to keep dailies around.