https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/u...tion-loss.html

“We lost suburban families,” Mr. Parscale said. “I think that goes to one thing: the decision on Covid to go for opening the economy versus public empathy.”

He added, “I think if he had been publicly empathetic, he would have won.”
    I don't entirely disagree with his assessment, actually. Trump's blundering handling of the pandemic, specifically his complete lack of empathy even after recovering from the virus, hit him extremely hard.

Problem for Trump and Parscale, is that Trump seems largely incapable of empathy.

Okay, you're going to want to go through this Twitter thread, not only because it's hilarious, but so you can see pictures of the people testifying about "election fraud" and make a mental note about the type of people who believe this shit. Note how similar they all are.

https://twitter.com/TepidButterASMR/...928731142?s=20

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/u...tion-loss.html
    “We lost suburban families,” Mr. Parscale said. “I think that goes to one thing: the decision on Covid to go for opening the economy versus public empathy.”
    He added, “I think if he had been publicly empathetic, he would have won.”

I don't entirely disagree with his assessment, actually. Trump's blundering handling of the pandemic, specifically his complete lack of empathy even after recovering from the virus, hit him extremely hard.

Problem for Trump and Parscale, is that Trump seems largely incapable of empathy.
    So what you're saying is that if the RNC had gone with "public empathy", they wouldn't have had Trump as a candidate at all?

Sounds about right.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Okay, you're going to want to go through this Twitter thread, not only because it's hilarious, but so you can see pictures of the people testifying about "election fraud" and make a mental note about the type of people who believe this shit. Note how similar they all are.

https://twitter.com/TepidButterASMR/...69142995329038

This one was my favorite. I almost want to hunt down this video now because...are people really this lost and unhinged?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

So basically a bunch of people demanding the election be stopped and prove to them it's real with no reason.

Not how it works, it's also just so excessively hard to "prove" to people who reject reality that reality is reality.

https://twitter.com/TepidButterASMR/...69142995329038

This one was my favorite. I almost want to hunt down this video now because...are people really this lost and unhinged?
    Vickie. An Asian man brought in ballots to be counted. That's it. That was her whole story.
    That one's up there for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a point I've made a few times recently, too.

The president doesn't even really need to prevent or solve national tragedies, they just need to project confidence, competence, unity, etc. and their approval ratings will benefit. In the aftermath of 9/11, Bush enjoyed a 90% approval rating, which carried him to an easy reelection before absolutely tanking during the protracted wars and economic ruin of his second term.

If Trump had just projected calm, told people to trust the science, and mandated common sense safety measures, not only would he have likely easily won reelection, we would likely already be out of the woods and tens of thousands of people would be alive.

Of course, that's the realm of fantasy, because it would require Trump not to be Trump. It's easy to say, "he would be a better president if he were a different person," and that's exactly why he lost the election.

lol this lin wood, kraken press conference is nuts.

"Why would you go back and vote in another rigged election?" - about the georgia senate races

Democrats should lean into this and try and repress the republican vote lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

"Why would you go back and vote in another rigged election?" - about the georgia senate races

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1334188673429090304

They...think Bill Gates still runs Microsoft and controls the Edge browser?

Man, where can one watch this clown show?

I don't think they need to. Dotard Donny is doing it for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're infringing on your copyright! Get them!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They're infringing on your copyright! Get them!
    Don't blow my cover, dude. I don't want to get into a fight with Microsoft legal, I don't have a fleet of Ivy League lawyers to get my back. Keep this shit on the DL.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1334188673429090304

Man, where can one watch this clown show?
    They need to contact Microsoft to get that fixed... I bet there is a Java script causing an invisible redirect.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Georgia Secretary of State Ben Roethlis...

(checks site)

Georgia Secretary of State John Ratzenb...

(checks site again)

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger says

It looks like Vice President Biden will be carrying Georgia, and he is our president-elect.

We have seen no substantial changes to the results from any county so far, and that’s what we expected.

As many of us have said, we wish that our guy would have won the election. But it doesn’t look like our guy has won the election.
    What he didn't say:

I fell off my motorcycle when I wasn't wearing a helmet and missed two seasons
    or

Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen?
    or

Hoax rigged martial law Soros sue traitor rigged bigly yuge JOBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They need to contact Microsoft to get that fixed... I bet there is a Java script causing an invisible redirect.
    They could contact google as well, because it doesn't work on chrome either. They could contact just about any one who is competent at web designing and fix the issue.

So i heard the White Hose is now the nicest place to work in. No-one there ever does something wrong, but all of them constantly go 'Pardon me.'

Trump's current live conference is such a shitshow lol

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Jeez, Trump just made a statement and he said that he is “determined to protect the election system because it is under coordinating assault and siege”...

I know it won’t ever happen, but I’m thinking, based on his comments, and the recent posts about it here, that he’s actually gonna try to do as Flynn said he should.
    Nah it's not his style to actually do anything. His style is to talk shit until everyone goes numb to it and we all become accustomed to thinking it's normal for the president to behave this way. Then, the next Republican president, who won't be an imbecile, will benefit from the erosion of the norms under Trump. Trump is the foundation on which GOP will build their authoritarian regime. He's step 1.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes. Also point out that Perdue and Loeffler are RINOs for participating in a rigged runoff election that's still using Dominion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yes. Also point out that Perdue and Loeffler are RINOs for participating in a rigged runoff election that's still using Dominion.
    No. Nobody should be looking to repress anyone's vote. I don't care that both Perdue and Loeffler are reprehensible human beings, I want everyone capable of voting to vote and have their vote counted. And I want this to be the last election in my lifetime where either party tries to pull the shit that Trump is doing now.