Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There is no balance in PvP. Lot of class one shoting in 2 second....

I'm playing balance druid. Any melee that looks at me and I die in 2 seconds. Burst of melee and hunters is insane...

The entire concept of "they dont know how it will play out' and "not all classes scale the same, so they have to continually make changes" is just rank developer laziness.

Its all just a math equation.

They can absolutely know how a character of ANY level with ANY given iLevel of gear will perform.

How do you think theorycrafter websites do it? Its literally just a spreadsheet you plug numbers into.

They can balance PvP with two simple moves:

totally separate damage/healing numbers in PvP and PvE and update the tooltips to match. (I.E. Shadowbolt: Does X Shadow Damage. Does Y Shadow Damage vs a Player Target; Fear - the target runs in Fear for 30 seconds. In PvP, the target runs in fear for up to X seconds).

Run the fucking numbers ahead of time and figure out what damage abilities are going to do at any given level and smooth out the ability curve, potentially even with scaling falloff past a certain number.

Although by "balance" here im just talking about numbers. Its hard to always grasp how a given set of abilities is going to synergize without testing, but there are some basics to avoid (if a class has craploads of control, maybe its not a great idea to make them also do insane fucking damage. If a class has to take 40 seconds to ramp up, then maybe dont make that class out of fucking tissue paper, so they could like, actually live long enough to kill somene. If a class has insane burst, they also dont need 30 survival and self healing cooldowns to make them invincible).

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Good Idea to talk about Balance with 150 Itemlvl and no Legendarys/Conduits.
    When is a good time to talk about balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The entire concept of "they dont know how it will play out' and "not all classes scale the same, so they have to continually make changes" is just rank developer laziness.

Its all just a math equation.

They can absolutely know how a character of ANY level with ANY given iLevel of gear will perform.

How do you think theorycrafter websites do it? Its literally just a spreadsheet you plug numbers into.

They can balance PvP with two simple moves:

totally separate damage/healing numbers in PvP and PvE and update the tooltips to match. (I.E. Shadowbolt: Does X Shadow Damage. Does Y Shadow Damage vs a Player Target; Fear - the target runs in Fear for 30 seconds. In PvP, the target runs in fear for up to X seconds).

Run the fucking numbers ahead of time and figure out what damage abilities are going to do at any given level and smooth out the ability curve, potentially even with scaling falloff past a certain number.

Although by "balance" here im just talking about numbers. Its hard to always grasp how a given set of abilities is going to synergize without testing, but there are some basics to avoid (if a class has craploads of control, maybe its not a great idea to make them also do insane fucking damage. If a class has to take 40 seconds to ramp up, then maybe dont make that class out of fucking tissue paper, so they could like, actually live long enough to kill somene. If a class has insane burst, they also dont need 30 survival and self healing cooldowns to make them invincible).
    While it may not be as simple as that, I've had a similar take to some degree, but there are downsides.

Blizz already does separate tuning of abilities for PvE and PvP, they just always go half-way. Why? Well the blue post response is that they don't like doing it, as it'll feel like two separate games... and it does, if you're one of those classes. If you play both PvE and PvP, your expected output can be jarring between the two if a bunch of your abilities behave differently at any given moment (especially WM). If Blizz was to fully embrace this idea, they'd have to do it with everything, and that's not an easy task at the front end.

Irony is they also do this with some abilities, where their scaling is different in 5man content and raids. Blizz is basically saying completely separate functioning of abilities based upon content is a last resort, and doing that with every ability? Well, they don't want to pull that "ripcord" anytime soon.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I feel that between covenants, conduits, soulbinds and legendaries it's going to be absolutely brutal to balance. So many moving parts... I'm not super eager for arena this time around, but hey, I'm open to see how it goes.

While the current meta (pre-season) is a burst one, Blizz may adjust it in a quick manner by reducing the general amount of damage in PvP. Tuning each class to be balanced in PvP and PvE would be too complicated for the small-time remaining with the mm raid.

Biggest thing is the two set needs to just apply defensives as well as offensively would help so much.

Never had any issues with affliction warlocks as my hunter.
    I let them waste their time putting dots up and then remove them all instantly with my legendary.
    My healer doesn’t even need to dispel the dots.

Lul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never expected to find myself saying that, but - affliction requires a bit more than two brain cells to play in pvp now, compared to sl/sl builds of old, when you dot everything you see and it dies whole you become unkillable. They provide constant pressure with powerful dots, dispel protection, curses, fear and they can burst, except they need to pool resources first and tunnel that target for... 6 seconds?

I haven't been playing affli that much this addon, but correct me if i'm wrong - fear the healer, drop 3 UAs on target, refresh dots, pop darkglare, spam rapture - kills pretty much anything that can't invuln

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    When the expansion is early, usually melees are on top. That's how it is. Casters need more haste (20%) and also more versatility.
    It's more about specs with frontloaded damage. MM hunters, arcane/fire magi, feral druid, you know the drill. Without stacking ridiculous amount of resilience versatility or properly utilize your DR you are in shit against those, who can pull 60k damage from their pocket in 4 GCDs without being able to be interrupted.
    I am geniunly surprised, how blizzard decided to jump on a grenade to nerf warriors and their stackable CDs in pvp by putting everyone's cooldowns on GCD - but they still missed clown fiesta that exists now
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.