Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No Renown catchup?

Missed Replenish the Reservoir last week by a few Anima.
    Finished it this week.
    Now I'm stuck at 4 Renown (instead of 6) and there seems to be no way to catch up.

On the other hand I see posts like this from icy veins: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...re-not-behind/

How does that work? Why are those tokens available to some people but not to others?

Catch-up for.... 1 week ???

Seriously? That's where this game's at?

Was wondering the same. I am renown 6 on my main and 5 on my alt.

Will my alt be behind 1 renown for ever?

Same goes for soul ash btw. I wonder about that too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My druid missed the anima quest last week (so I finished the week at 2) and after finishing this weeks things I'm at 4 as well. Looked a bit closer today and realized that one of my calling quests has a +1 renown reward attached in addition to the satchel/box that you normally get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post

Yes. Sadly that is where the game and community is at..

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Also, you can get a renown drop from dungeon bosses. My hunter was behind, got a drop from last boss of Sanguine Dephs.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Yes. Sadly that is where the game and community is at..
    If quests are released weekly, why is it unreasonable to assume that if you come in at week 2, that both batches of quests would be available that week?

This is literally how the war campaign worked in BFA, and every other timegated main story quest in WoW's history...
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-12-02 at 11:53 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's week fucking 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this is just troll post. NO, there is no "ketchup" on week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If quests are released weekly, why is it unreasonable to assume that if you come in at week 2, that both batches of quests would be available that week?
    But thats not even the case, because íts the same weekly quest. They are not asked to eg. collect 1000 anima twice to catch up when they didn't manage to collect 1000 last week. Instead they get the missing thing practically for free. That devalues any effort into obtaining them "on time", especially since the advantage in having them early doesn't really exist outside of a few key breakpoints, and thats not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    By that logic.. should you get rep equal to the amount of dailies you've missed when you do dailies?

Like if i did a daily quest from back in TBC should i get instant exalted with that faction just because i did it "later" than other people?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    But thats not even the case, because íts the same weekly quest. They are not asked to eg. collect 1000 anima twice to catch up when they didn't manage to collect 1000 last week. Instead they get the missing thing practically for free. That devalues any effort into obtaining them "on time", especially since the advantage in having them early doesn't really exist outside of a few key breakpoints, and thats not great.
    I didn't say they should get to pick up both quests at the same time and complete them with the effort of one. It should be treated like a chain, you do one, then it gives you the next.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Missed Replenish the Reservoir last week by a few Anima.
    Finished it this week.
    Now I'm stuck at 4 Renown (instead of 6) and there seems to be no way to catch up.

On the other hand I see posts like this from icy veins: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...re-not-behind/

How does that work? Why are those tokens available to some people but not to others?
    Do dungeons, you'll have a chance to get the renown from last boss.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    By that logic.. should you get rep equal to the amount of dailies you've missed when you do dailies?

Like if i did a daily quest from back in TBC should i get instant exalted with that faction just because i did it "later" than other people?
    No...

No one is saying they shouldn't have to put in the same amount of effort, it just shouldn't be timegated... The "catch up" mechanic in this case is just letting them do the quest chain in the same order everyone else did, just without having to wait a week between doing each step until they are at the same point as the rest of us.

So, for the "collect 1000 anima" quest, you pick it up, you do it, you turn it in, and then you get the next one right away instead of waiting a week... This is how timegates have always worked in WoW, once that gate is opened, it's opened for everyone, even if they weren't there when it opened the first time.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-12-02 at 11:59 PM.

Just to make this clear: This is how every AP system catchup worked for the last 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    I hope this is just troll post. NO, there is no "ketchup" on week 2.

The catchup was implemented on the beta. It is actually intented to be there. If you check the icy veins article you will see that is actually working for... some people.

No, but you should be allowed to do the same daily 2,000 times in order to catch up.

I can confirm there is renown catch up in game already.

My main only got renown 2 last week because i didn't play much, while many people already got renown 3 (cap) last week.

Today after weekly reset, I did the 2 weekly quests and got renown 4. Then I got a renown level from a dungeon drop tonight and reached renown 5 to start chapter 2.

So people who are behind in renown can get extra renown level from dungeons, raids, pvp or callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post

No really - a possible way to handle it would be to just let the quest pop up again, so that I have to collect 2000 Anima in one week instead of 1000.

It's a fair question. Same thing happened to me. Was wondering about soul ash and the like as well. I didn't hit 60 till late in the week so didn't have time. Now I'm behind my friends it seems. I got everything mostly done except the ash cap and the 1k anima. So can't make legendary this week either as I only have about 540 soul ash I think and yea I'm at renown 4. A little weird for those of us that couldn't hit 60 in the first day or so and had the rest of the week to farm this stuff. I was only like 1 day behind but this seems to put me at a week behind now. I kinda assumed that I'd be able to reach everyone else this week. Good to hear about the boss drop tho, ty guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No really - a possible way to handle it would be to just let the quest pop up again, so that I have to collect 2000 Anima in one week instead of 1000.
    AFAIK, after today's reset, we can only get the 1000 anima quest once per week, to gain 1 renown level.

But we can gain extra renown level from dungeons, raids, pvp and callings.

My main only reach renown level 2 last week, while my GF only reached level 1. Tonight we did 3 dungeons together, I got 1 renown token and she got 2, which is very high drop chance. So we both have the same renown level as players who reached renown 3 (cap) last week.

And my alt who is only level 57, already has renown level 2. It got a renown level by completing a zone quest.

So I CAN CONFIRM you, the catch up system is already in game, for both mains and alts. Your alts can even catch up renown before reaching level 60.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2020-12-03 at 12:41 AM.