Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkli83 View Post
    To put the simply: those people are selfish aholes who don't care about others
    It's pretty selfish to get upset that people don't abide by your moral code. Why should people act in other people's interest to the detriment to their own?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    This has been a thing since the game began. It happened twice yesterday to me and just results in a 30 minute lockout over a 15 minute run.
    No it doesn't it only gives you a 15 min timer if you kill a boss and that timer starts when you enter a dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I've seen an idea in the official forum that I really like: in LFG dungeons hand out all the loot at the end. Not boss per boss, just right after the endboss in a chest.
    That won't be abused at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the 15 minute penalty is well worth it to leave a heroic if you only need the first boss. Nothing will change unless they make the penalty worse. I doubt that will happen. I have never been in a group where we had to wait more than 15 seconds to get a new person so whats the issue exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No the person beign selfish is the "I GOT MINE FUCK YOU" the person not being selfish realises that running a dungeon means you have agreed from the moment you press i that you're going to be there no matter what. No if your mother says "Dinner" you don't bail. You stay until the end. 1 person is NEVER as important as 4 ever. And that means in a dungeon the other 4 are 4 times more important than you. Needs of the many ALWAYS outweigh the needs of the one.
    Blizzard disagrees with you otherwise there would be no option but to finish the dungeon and there would be penalties for being afk.

There are lots of situations where 1 person is more important than 4. A doctor is more important than 4 labourers.

Needs of the many do not always outweigh the needs of the few. An individual need can be greater than the needs of multiple people. Someone on the verge of starvation has needs that outweigh the needs of a group of people who didn't have lunch that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Those other people helped you clear up to that point so its only right to help them finish the dungeon. That or go solo it yourself but I doubt you can so help them finish it since they helped you.
    You seem to be of the impression that the other people can't find others to take the place of someone who leaves. That impression is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    In almost every single dungeon at least one person leaves after a certain boss they're obviously farming. For example in Theater of Pain rogues always leave after the first boss and warriors always leave after Xav, since they're looking for their legendary recipe.

I can't remember the last time it was THIS bad. I've been waiting 5 minutes for a new tank now since warrior tank left after Xav. I'm questioning if it was such a good idea to put legendary items on dungeon bosses. People have absolutely no shame anymore and don't give a single crap if others have to wait.

Have you experienced this as well or am I just unlucky?
    Well i've just done 10 attempts at my legendary today... at 1st I queued heroic and was in the queue for over 50 mins without getting in a group. So I started queueing normal and heroic and the queue was around 5 mins (I kept getting into normal mode groups).

I only needed the 1st boss but 1st run I decided to stay for the full run of the 1st dungeon... after that I did 9 more runs where I left after 1st boss. If i'm going to have to make dozens of runs, it's unreasonable to expect me to spend 3-4 times longer in each dungeon. There's nothing shameful about it. Blame Blizzard for making a poor design choice....

I remember in a past xpac where quest items would drop off the 1st boss and then people would instantly leave the group. Blizzard eventually patched it so that the quest items would drop off the final boss. Blizzard should have known the outcome would be the same by putting legendaries on early bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shmazard View Post
    they need to put everything min maxers need on final boss's of dungeons lol
    Or just make it a decent drop chance.... if i'm going to have to queue dozens of times for such an important item there is no way i'm spending 3-4 times longer in every one of those dungeons than I need to. I completed the 1st run I did today... after that I started leaving after the 1st boss.

As a dps it's literally going to take 15 seconds to replace me vs the 15 minutes it would take me to finish the dungeon. So is it more entitled of me to leave after the boss I need, or is more entitled to expect me to finish the same boring dungeon and potentially waste hours of my playing time ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Those other people helped you clear up to that point so its only right to help them finish the dungeon. That or go solo it yourself but I doubt you can so help them finish it since they helped you.
    It normally takes no more than 2 minutes to replace someone from the group finder (seconds if it's a dps)....
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2020-12-03 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Honestly I imagine we will be getting a change to how the legendary recipes drop a couple weeks into LFR being released. This seems like the kind of thing that worked well enough in the Beta that noone bothered to point out how terrible an idea it would be for the live version, similar to dungeons quests only requiring a specific boss, or LFR raid bosses dropping a mount from the first in a wing.

I imagine we will get a fix to this eventually. Though sadly that also means we will have to live with it for a while longer.
    If I was to hazard a guess they'll either turn on bad luck protection then, or BLP is already in place and just has a set of scores which make the RNG punishing.

Like let's say you need to get to 1,000 before it's a guaranteed drop. Mythic gives 25 points, heroic gives 10, normal gives 1. So sure you could keep running normal over and over but it's just not that efficient.

Beyond that too it's still really early to be all that worried about getting that specific legendary that'll make your dick bigger and surround you with an aphrodisiacal sexual aroma since blizz might nerf it anyway.

I totally get trying to check the box, but really you're far better off right now not worrying about the legendary and instead trying to get pre-raid BiS of M0 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    They prob shouldve kept the legendary recipes to be on the all final bosses if they had to be on dungeons IMO
    This... they should just have been on the final boss, solves the problem entirely.

Stupid low dropchance is another problem though, from what I can tell the ones that drop in dungeons have like a 2% dropchance, that's horrid.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I was the nice guy, I need stuff of the 1st and 2nd boss, but after 0/1000000, screw it..

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    In almost every single dungeon at least one person leaves after a certain boss they're obviously farming. For example in Theater of Pain rogues always leave after the first boss and warriors always leave after Xav, since they're looking for their legendary recipe.

I can't remember the last time it was THIS bad. I've been waiting 5 minutes for a new tank now since warrior tank left after Xav. I'm questioning if it was such a good idea to put legendary items on dungeon bosses. People have absolutely no shame anymore and don't give a single crap if others have to wait.

Have you experienced this as well or am I just unlucky?
    Yep. The first two or three days I was leveling doing >60 dungeons I had no problem, since we were all there to obviously do the dungeon quests/or level. But since hitting 60 I've done 4 dungeons and every single one has had someone leave. It's ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever since i learned HC dungeons no long got a lockout, ive been spamming Mists as blood for the weapon of first boss and leaving if it dosnt drop.

Dont hate the player, hate the game.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    As a Rogue, I was part of this cause.

In reply to the above highlighted: when you've gotta' farm upwards of 70 kills in some cases (RNG is a bitch), you're just going to leave after the one you need. Whilst I completely understand it's a piss take for the rest of the group, and I do honestly feel bad about it because it's so frustrating when it happens... there's just no way anyone is going to sit through the entire dungeon that many times. Especially like Theatre of Pain where it's the 1st boss, which is 5 seconds into the dungeon. At least in my case, there are so many DPS in LFG you'd generally fill that spot instantly.

Blizzard should have made it a guaranteed drop (make it Mythic if they feel the need, doesn't matter to me) from the LAST boss of a dungeon or drop fragments to make whichever legendary you want instead of a low chance from whichever boss your spec wants.
    It seem an easy solution would be to reduce the drop rate slightly but give it a chance to drop from every single boss, perhaps even some sort of mechanic where the chance goes up for every boss you kill (1% drop on the first 2% on the second etc). This would give people farming items an incentive to stay for the entire run. I suppose you would still get a few people who would get the item they wanted then drop, but it would, at least, greatly reduce the issue.

Last night TWICE IN A ROW I had tanks leave after Xav in Theater.

First time I got in before Xav, killed him, and entire group fell apart. Wait in queue again, fresh Theater - tank leaves after Xav but at least the group doesn't fall apart so after another wait we get a tank to finish.

It's ridiculous. At this point with how often it seems to be happening I'm expecting a hotfix tonight or tomorrow.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post

WoD is old school now?
    Sorry, what I meant was that it wasn't until WoD that blizzard put in a system to try and combat leaving before the end boss loot. Sure, there was justice and valor before that, but it was pretty ineffective.

Actually now that I think about it, even back as far as TBC heroics, the purples dropped only from the final boss. But back then often times blues were still better in many cases.

I don't know. It's a weird situation. If they put all the best stuff on the final boss people will start abusing that by kicking people right before. But if they dont do anything, people will keep leaving as soon as the boss they need is down.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I can't believe they didn't learn... in BFA the gnome boss in BoDA drops the mount... in LFR they changed it to Jaina because people left. I don't see why this would be any different.

But in the same breath... you can't fault the players. They are playing the game as they intend to. No one is required to complete dungeons.
    Why should we not fault players if it is the players causing the problem?

That's what you get for forcing people into content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Why should we not fault players if it is the players causing the problem?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal curse View Post
    That's what you get for forcing people into content.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Rather hate the player that is making the game suck, hence why I no longer tank PUGs.

Ahhh this is the reason. Now I see. I was wondering the amount of dungeons that I join halfway was too much.
    same as disconnects after certain bosses.

I think they will move those loots to the end boss. in a hotfix or patch in a week or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    They prob shouldve kept the legendary recipes to be on the all final bosses if they had to be on dungeons IMO
    ya know, considering this very thing happened with the gmod mount in lfr, i'm surprised they made this mistake again. but thats blizzard management for you. fixes a mistake and then does the mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Rather hate the player that is making the game suck, hence why I no longer tank PUGs.
    I mean as a tank, what does it matter if people leave. DPS are replaced quickly. Healers shouldn't take that long either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just have a key that drops off the boss instead of the memory and have the chest it opens only available behind the last boss after you kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Easy solution is to have everything not gear related drop off the final boss