Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Exclamation absolutely worthless now

At least BM. It's so weak its not fun to play and i'm therefor leaning towards unsub. I struggle doing normal WQs, I lose almost all 1v1 wpvp, in BG's im basically a critter.

This coming from someone who knows the spec inside out, and with "decent" gear (including BiS 190ilvl wep).

Those of you who switched over to MM, tell me your experience. I have a bunch of alt, but this is my main and considering the unbelivably slow grind with covenants, the maw etc, I will not play alts in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play MM but all the BM hunters I've seen seem to be doing perfectly fine in both dungeon DPS and world content... You sure you know the spec as well as you think you do?
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-12-03 at 01:07 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Our BM hunter is not having remotely the same experience as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is stupidly good right now. I think this is a player problem not a class problem.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Both specs are actually in a good spot? Even as a mm hunter my pet soloes everything if I'm careful, I finished Torghast without trouble and crafted my legendary. I dislike pets, that's why I play mm. It's weird how you find it weak Never saw a hunter complain this expansion until now.

Find it hard to believe, but sure we're still very early on. I find that I do very, very low dmg and my pet dies in almost every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    At least BM. It's so weak its not fun to play and i'm therefor leaning towards unsub. I struggle doing normal WQs, I lose almost all 1v1 wpvp, in BG's im basically a critter.

This coming from someone who knows the spec inside out, and with "decent" gear (including BiS 190ilvl wep).

Those of you who switched over to MM, tell me your experience. I have a bunch of alt, but this is my main and considering the unbelivably slow grind with covenants, the maw etc, I will not play alts in this expansion.
    I haven't done much PvP yet (or ever in the past), but all PvE experiences I have had zero issues. What kind of issues are you having exactly as "struggle" doesn't say much. What type of gear do you have. Are you pulling 1 at a time, multiple? What covenant did you pick? There are a ton of variables to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I haven't done much PvP yet (or ever in the past), but all PvE experiences I have had zero issues. What kind of issues are you having exactly as "struggle" doesn't say much. What type of gear do you have. Are you pulling 1 at a time, multiple? What covenant did you pick? There are a ton of variables to consider.
    Well, for example I just met a monk who killed me within seconds. One stun and then i was gone. There wasnt even a fight..

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhm...might be a you problem? I've seen BM hunters completely dominate the field in PVP and they're pretty good PVE wise as well
    not trying to be rude, but you might be tooting your own horn a lil to hard there? Look around, check out some guides but that's all I can really suggest to you

- - - Updated - - -

Well, for example I just met a monk who killed me within seconds. One stun and then i was gone. There wasnt even a fight..
    Well yeah, that's how the game is right now without a pvp trinket?

No offense taken. Been playing hunt since 2005, BM hunt almost exclusively since 2012. I know the spec, I know all the tricks, possibly it's very gear dependent but right now i'm getting raped at most encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always preferred MM. Good CD's, big bursty damage. Only thing that sucks about MM is when mobs aren't clustered together, especially when there's 2 and some caster off alone. Otherwise, it's ST and AoE are amazing and simple.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Not a hunter but have you checked if you got broken gear or ress sickness?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a PBKAC problem.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Not a hunter but have you checked if you got broken gear or ress sickness?
    Hilarious m8

i saw a BM today doing insane damage and he was hardly even geared.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Obviously anecdotal but I've been topping or matching dps in dungeons as BM, sometimes beating out MM players. I've switched to MM but still get very similar numbers. Very easy to solo stuff in world content.

It may be that people got so used to the near 1 shot kill rate of the end of BFA, that people forgot how difficult the game can actually be?

I started out with Survival and doing Dungeons I kept seeing people "wow surv... you're brave" and every boss fight and most mob groups I was #1... but I got tired of the wildfire bomb rotation and swapped to BM because I've done MM before and have been having fun with it. I don't have many issues and am only 168 ilvl with a crap 148 weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, so, on a few topics.

1: PvE - Pick up a Core Hound for PvE content. Core Hounds are essentially the perfect PvE pet, especially for solo play - Self defense, AoE aggro, and Ferocity so it heals itself. Combined with the improved Mend Pet, your pet should not die in PvE content unless either A) You are pulling FAR too much, or B) Your pet is tanking things a tank should tank. Overall, any PvE difficulties is a L2Play issue

2: PvP - Currently, PvP is EXTREMELY bursty, like incredibly so. As a Feral Druid, if I get someone stunned and they lack a trinket, I win by just hitting my covenant ability - Hell, it could even kill 3 if I don't get interupted, and I have the needed spells up on all targets. This isn't limited to Feral either - Ret, DKs, Rogues, Mages, Monks, DHs all can do stupid amounts of damage in a 5 second stun.

Sadly, it seems that Blizzard is continuing the trend developed in BfA - Basically, fuck PvP balance. At best, they will nerf any OP PvE trinkets in PvP. Beyond that, have to play whatever the FotM is or just suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I am #1 in almost every dungeon, almost every boss and most trash packs if they live more than just a few seconds as a 181 BM hunter. MM does more burst dmg but I do catch up when the mobs have higher hp. I crafted the Soulforge legendary and it’s the #1 overall dmg resource in Dungeons.