Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you know how to play games, you should know how to beat it. Its not really that hard. Some end bosses might need trail and error, but you should be able to figure it out if you're over the age of 12 and played any action/adventure game

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    There is an average skill level, and half the players are under it. Instead of spoon feeding, Blizz should be encouraging people to get better.
    Then they'll just stop playing. You can't make people get better if they don't want to.

It's not like Blizzard hadn't tried this already.

I had a weird experience. I'm 155-160 ilvl and MW/WW Monk. I went in as WW and did ok, but ended up switching to MW for one of the last bosses after reading it was kind of hard (there wasn't much info there) and thinking I could just outlast him, which I did.

Level 3, I had a lot of trouble on some runs as WW. Especially this week where there was a debuff that spawned this baddie while out of combat. I hated that, couldn't take my time had to leave things CC'd or whatever to try to stay in combat and if he spawns right as I start to attack something, it's even worse. And the adds that lower your damage and speed by 25% hurt a lot too, I just end up getting low on every pull. I ended up dying and actually failing that one! Eventually it's like some terrible thing has noticed your many deaths, get to the end before he does, and you hear this stomping and I was just done, haha...

So I came back as MW for the whole thing and it was super easy -- barely an inconvenience

As MW, at first things take a while to kill, but once you get a few certain powers - one where you do a lot of damage when you first attack them, some "a chance to do XXXX damage" things, but especially "vivify (heal) does damage to nearby enemies", I was one-shotting most of the trash (as heals) and by the time I got to the bosses they also dropped pretty quickly without much panic, except one where he got stronger and made my health lower, due to the potential of a one-shot. If I did get in trouble, I could just stand there and self heal which would put out massive AOE and destroy anything near me.

My point here other than relaying my experience as a hybrid is I feel it's really variable, so much so I'd consider it in need of balance both ways. I was looking around to make sure nobody was watching because as MW it felt like an exploit. But it got it done. Maybe they want it to be this way, but at least in my experience, it missed the sweet spot, first on being too difficult (especially for it being the low end) then too easy (which will go away probably as we get more into it). Also, if someone says it's hard, it may well be, even if it was easy for you -- or vice versa.

15+ Year Old Account
    If a player cant complete Torghast, they dont do content that requires a Legendary.

As said, git gud.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Most people struggling with Torgast are also making poor decisions when picking powers. The first and most important question when choosing a power is how often will it be active and when it's active, will it be important?

That means that powers like maw rats exploding for damage are completely wasted picks, never pick something so specific for something so unimportant. In general, you want to pick one or two anima that enhance your survival and utility. For example on Retribution Paladin there is a power that has a chance to stun an enemy when dealing Holy Damage which works on everything, trash and boss alike and will be good in every situation. You don't want to pick powers that make easy fights easier. You want to pick powers that make hard fights manageable (which means elite/rar mobs and bosses). More AoE damage is a trap pick, it will make you feel strong in the lower floors but you will get your ass kicked against 1-2 elite or the boss. Same goes for stuff that is temporary like buffs after kills, it's a "win more" power and its useless.

TLDR:

1: Pick Damage powers that are ALWAYS active and useful in important fights (elite, bosses).
    2: Avoid trap powers like kill buffs, movement speed, most maw rat powers.
    3: Try and get some survival and utility powers that make hard fights easier (stuns, interrupts and slows for kiting).
    4: Avoid AoE power at all costs, they are "win more" powers that you generally not need.

You may want to add an exception for Maw rat powers when in a group with a priest. There's one power that allows you to drastically increase the number of maw rats by mind controlling one. If you're sporting multiple explosion powers across the group, it adds up super fast. We found that in later parts of the dungeon, maw rat damage was either just straight up deleting entire packs, or taking elites down to 30%, which is not trivial with their stacking buff mechanic.

I couldn't kill third layer boss, and that fine on my first week.

I am a very casual player, so I will just play the game until I get a better gear and try killing it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something to keep in mind regarding Torghast:

RNG sucks. This we know, but there are ways 'around it', that take time and grinding.

Ven'ari sells permanent upgrades as you work on her(his?) reputation that takes some of the RNG out of it. There are some bosses you just can't prepare for in full, but, on level 3, there is a little purple hologram of what the boss on level 6 is going to be.

Case in point: My level 6 boss recently was Maw of the Maw, so I made it a point to *never* take the Obleron Armaments, which it has the ability to steal. This made the boss incredibly easy.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

If you have bad gear it just takes longer due to RNG on powers being required

my warlock killed layer 3s on week 1 with 135, this week i was struggling with 158 but got them down. My spriest, ret, mage are all like 150s and had no issues since I rolled super good powers. If someone is struggling I recommended getting a friend ( tank or healer would help too), that can help increase RNG of good powers and items from shop. It is still endgame content so it makes sense it can be difficult. I quite like ppl being hinted they should group up. Shadowlands seems to add a lot of those interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Oh...i might rush to last boss and dont explore at all though :S
    thats the issue. i did that once and quickly learnt to clear everything to buy enough power to kill the end boss otherwise im fucked.

that said once i lernt that i havent had an issue and have enojyed laughing at the people in torgast general struggling mostly because they either rushed or dont grasp the concepts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I have a friend that started playing around 1 month ago, maybe a bit more.
    And she did struggle a good amount even with the first floor of the tower. So I do agree, it might be a little bit hard on newer players. But should we expect completely new players to be able to handle it, is my question!
    Yeah really, they should be able to manage the first floor based on them having a general understanding of what buttons to press they got from leveling. Otherwise how would we expect new players to really do anything? Torghast level 1 is not meant to be difficult.

7+ Year Old Account
    Today on spriest I got some real great powers. I had over 10k single target dps on the last boss.. I think even the worst players can get this done, as long as they try over and over to get some OP power combinations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    thats the issue. i did that once and quickly learnt to clear everything to buy enough power to kill the end boss otherwise im fucked.

that said once i lernt that i havent had an issue and have enojyed laughing at the people in torgast general struggling mostly because they either rushed or dont grasp the concepts.
    I did that too on floor 3. Took me 4 attempts to kill it. Lucky I had damage reduction from misdirects or I doubt I could of.

Had no issues clearing this but had a few attempts last week on level 2 as the last boss was a stone boss and it smashed hard at 50% with my WW monk but level 3 ones on both sides last week was easy.

This week the 2nd level 3 was harder.. the zone where they drop the black puddles.. took me 2 attempts.. as screwed up some packs.

Overall this is the one zone where slow and steady and kill everything is good - by the boss you should have between 15 - 20 additional buffs which makes it easier and buy most if not all the extra buffs off the guys on floor 3 and floor 6.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, don't forget to use your items. Like i've done several times.

Bought the 'Turn nonelites into Anima cells', forgot to use them.

pepehands.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

I love Torghast. Powers can be very strong, sure, but sometimes you need to be creative, and end up using very unfrequent spells in your spec kit.

Can't wait for higher levels, bit bummed out that it will 'end' at layer 8, hope they keep adding layers with more creative and punishing mobs.

(edit. there are very, very strong common\uncommon powers that end up being the 'key' to beat final bosses. DH interrupt dealing 10% of mobs health - lol at caster bosses, or Priests 20% damage taken applied to next SW:P for 30-40% of your damage to a boss are insane. Better than a lot of the rares and epic ones! hint- you can check who's the final boss in a little hologram next to the floor 3 vendor, to pick powers that help you with it)
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2020-12-03 at 05:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    My cousin and one friend recently started playing WoW and I tell you, just doing Exile's Reach was a pain. Most of the today's WoW playerbase looks at this whole game as being so easy and whatnot, however the game is truly very complex and it just seems so easy to us, because most of us have years or even over a decade of experience. It absolutely doesn't surprise me that many people even struggle with the easy layers on Torghast.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you're playing hunter or warlock?
    No, I play a frost mage. It has actually great survivability.

As vengeance dh it is almost boring. But I have been lucky with RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I did that too on floor 3. Took me 4 attempts to kill it. Lucky I had damage reduction from misdirects or I doubt I could of.
    Its part making sure you get all the power and at our low gear part luck with powers, i had some issue last week but i rushed the run, not had an issue this week but i cleared everything for powers,had some luck, 180 ievel fury war for referance

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Also, don't forget to use your items. Like i've done several times.

Bought the 'Turn nonelites into Anima cells', forgot to use them.

pepehands.
    You can turn the final vendor with that. I figured out one time before buying everything I wanted. C’est la vie.