Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    In another thread someone asked if the 4 current worlds were all of the afterlife. Of course not. There are multiple realms and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the next zones we get are "new" parts of the afterlife we just haven't seen yet for whatever reason. Does the fact that we only have the 4 current ones available make the entire expansion "bad"? No. Just not fully unlocked and fully functional yet.
    It does make the expansion bad to a Horde player that isn't playing Forsaken or a Druid. None of the afterlives/covenants fit their charater.

They all feel too Alliance centered for the most part. If you're Forsaken you could go Maldraxxus. Druids can choose Ardenweald. Perhaps Blood Elves can choose Revendreth.

But all others are left out. There is no fitting afterlife/covenant for Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, etc. For the tribal races sort of to speak. None of the covenants fit them. That makes this expansion completely stupid if I mostly play these characters. That's why I'm skipping this expansion. There's just nothing there for me to enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    If you want to try out new classes, specs, Shadowlands is excellent so far.
    What new class or spec was added this expansion? None.

What new abilities were added to existing classes making them feel new? None.

It's more of the same. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Some people also saying it's the best thing since sliced boobs, though innit.
    Yeah, people need to ignore the naysayers and they will shut up without an audience.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The game has been out for over a week, plenty of time for people to form an opinion. Yet there are still people saying that people are just whining for the sake of it.
    And that surprises you? Ever heard the story of the boy crying "Wolf"?

If for a year this unfounded nonesense is spread, of course it all blends together and actually founded opinions are thrown out with the garbage. But again, I have not seen any of those.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    I understand BC and WotLK widowers are passionate, I know, I started in BC.

But the xpac just launched. So with that being said, how are people writing off Shadowlands?

Like, please keep your emotions to yourself, I just need something concise and detailed.

Its been a couple weeks, isn't it a little premature to call this a "bad" xpac?

Thanks and please, lets keep this clean and respectful. I mean try.
    there are ppls that play this game for 15 years and there are some patterns that dont really change
    for instance after launch they rearly do significant changes to specs,
    in case of lets say enh shaman a lot have changed, a lot for better although there are issues, first and foremost big part of our power is coming from covenant ability and legendary which is a problem as hey may "balance" it and some classes may be hited more than others by it, there is also topic of defensive talent being in same row with mobility talents like wth.

Second wow as it stands now is most gated in the history, after you do couple daily quest and couple weekly it`s basically nothing to do beside spamming dungeons hoping for legendary drop or try some pvp and here we are coming to meritum as pvp is rogue rape fest on top of enh generally don`t having a way to defend self and we are waiting for change in this department for like 3 or 4 expansions (before we had shamanistic rage that actually countered by dispelling 70% of ccs and was been usable in them, combined with decent self heal and super burst from ascendance at that time it was been actually working nicely even if it gave only 20% dmg reduction)

Hard to not be half salty in the end when big part of the game is ranging from getting raped by rogues to dying in stun from anyone :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-03 at 08:49 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    And that surprises you? Ever heard the story of the boy crying "Wolf"?

If for a year this unfounded nonesense is spread, of course it all blends together and actually founded opinions are thrown out with the garbage. But again, I have not seen any of those.
    I've seen plenty of legitimate criticism and people just spout out the same "You're just complaining for the sake of complaining."

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    It does make the expansion bad to a Horde player that isn't playing Forsaken or a Druid. None of the afterlives/covenants fit their charater.

They all feel too Alliance centered for the most part. If you're Forsaken you could go Maldraxxus. Druids can choose Ardenweald. Perhaps Blood Elves can choose Revendreth.
    You did see Draka in Maldraxxus yes? That zone with it's "Strength over everything" idea is as orcish as you can get. Plus of course the undead theme that works for the Forsaken.

Ardenweald has Bwonsamdi and his own dungeon that is so very Horde that the Loa of Graves actually has to go "Sorry about trying to kill ya in Dazar'alor, no hard feelings, mon" to Alliance players, because they have not a shred of reason to help him.
    Plus the Tauren will fit here even without that.

Bastion should also feel very fitting. The whole "give up your independance to a cause" thing is literally what the Blood Oath did for decades until it was recently abolished.

The Venthyr are very similar to Blood Elves. They are eloquent, cultured and need magical juice. The only difference is the kind of juice and that the Venthyr are going more gothic. The same for goes for Nightborn.

So to summarize we got a place for:

Orc/Mag'har
    Trolls/Zandalari
    Forsaken
    Tauren/Highmountain
    Blood Elves
    Nightborn

The only ones who do not fit well are goblins (but that goes for gnomes too) and Pandas (both factions).

I don't see how there is any bias for the Alliance here.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far to me the game feels like SWToR right now for some reason the game reminds me of that. Im just sick of the borrowed power crap the last 3 x-packs just make the classes feel good from the start no need for all this other crap in the game. make the classes feel good have good utility and get rid of some classes button bloat. Stop they grinds like Azerite power and anima and conduits and such and just make the basic stuff good. I would not mind them going back to like in WoTLK at least i know when and what i will get if it take me 1 week or 3 months at least i had better goals than i do now in the game.

I'm a pretty dam harsh critic of Blizzard. I've nicknamed BFA (Bloody F'king Awful) and WOD (Warlords of Drain all the Fun). The superior class design, a unique theme and a decent amount of content put MOP over the top. Empirically speaking I know Cata wasn't particular good, but Cata was my 1st xpac and I am biased. Blizzard did a great job with Legion even though the pvp sucked. Sure I've got a few minor complaints about Shadowlands, particularly the gated content, but overall the xpac is outstanding. They fixed the gearing system, tempered down the grind. took a great idea from Legion "Suramar" and kind of multiplied it by five. The class design is the best its been in years. And last but not least Torghast is the best feature Blizzard ever introduced into the game. Whoever came up with concept of Torghast and the rewards (xmogs especially) needs to be headlining future patches and the next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    As of right now, there's nothing to do. Gating and throttling content shouldn't be a thing.
    If you don't care about rep, achievements, toys, pets, mounts, mogs, leggos, and gear then there's nothing to do. The only people who say "there's nothing to do" are people who honestly don't give a shit about the game content and just want to complain.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

But the xpac just launched. So with that being said, how are people writing off Shadowlands?

Like, please keep your emotions to yourself, I just need something concise and detailed.

Your strawman is the legit addicts that continue to play a game they hate. Truth is, those people decided they hated it before playing.

Their opinion is basically the same as a child that says they hate broccoli, but they've also never tried broccoli.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If you don't care about rep, achievements, toys, pets, mounts, mogs, leggos, and gear then there's nothing to do. The only people who say "there's nothing to do" are people who honestly don't give a shit about the game content and just want to complain.
    You've hit on the exact problem: Those people don't even know why they're playing the game. They don't understand they have a problem.

They're also very rare and best to be ignored. Places like MMO-Champion just give them a platform, but if you'll notice, it's always the same dozen or so people.

People are hating Shadowlands? All I see is praise left and right for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    So far to me the game feels like SWToR right now for some reason.
    It's Oribos, it is has the exact same shape and concept as the Fleets in SWTOR, with a Quarter of the ring for every important thing. A friend and me have had that feeling too. I prefered Boralus too, but this is not so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I've said a couple times now that Blizzard prioritizes profits over making a good game. To put it plainly, they want to keep you subbed for as long as possible while giving you as little as possible.

The way they do this is by giving you endless grinds or arbitrary waiting periods attached to progression. While BFA and Legion had a mix of both, this expansion so far appears purely driven by arbitrary waiting periods that don't need to exist.
    The single most important lesson that Blizzard's developers learned from Warlords was to design to keep people busy. You can either put up with that or not. For the most part I don't buy into the "I must do everything possible to keep my character current" mindset. I do stuff I like, ignore stuff I don't like and could not care less whether someone is 'ahead' of me or not. I enjoy a feeling of progression but I'm in no hurry. I have plenty else to do that isn't WoW while waiting for a reset. I could also not care any less about what people call me but even I realize that the main purpose of a for-profit corporation is to make a profit.

Nonetheless, correctly or not, Blizzard is now totally focused on people having something to do. Whether or not their methodology works for individual players is up to the subscribers. There's evidence that the game is doing somewhat better now in keeping subscribers around that it did during Warlords so perhaps what they're doing is working (for them if not for everyone else).

As to my own complaints about what I think is wrong with WoW, I've posted elsewhere in the thread. Like all big things and like all theme parks, there's stuff to like and stuff to dislike. No one is wrong to like/dislike anything. For my own part I'd rather have things to do than go through the BS that was Warlords.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-12-03 at 09:54 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Take a deep breath, you're leaking.

Rep, transmog, and Legendaries are all throttled, what are you on about?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Do you go outside that McDonald's and harass people that are going in? Telling them that they d hate McDonald's like you do?
    Its a FORUM. Posting positive comments is not harrassment. Posting negative comments is not harrassment. If McDonald's put up a forum outside their main doors, people would probably comment.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

My class feels great to play, casual PVP doesn't suck anymore, I'm having tons of fun. I also didn't expect to like Torghast this much.

I, for one, am excited for wow being fun again. And I feel sorry for people who feel otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You can write off a patch easy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What else is there to see? The raid? Will a raid carry a whole patch? No. M+ is just the same thing with different effects.
    If people don't like what's in the game now I get it, they can't say "SL sucks" though only that 9.0 sucks as they haven't seen all of SL yet
    Very well put. Most rational answer here. I guess you could say "for now SL sucks" or something.
    Imo it's not that great of an expansion yet, way too much time gating, kinda makes me wanna stop when my gametime expires and come back later when i can literally catch up with everyone in terms of story progression in a week, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Not that hard if you've played BFA from the beginning
    Been playing since Vanilla without ever taking a break. BFA had some systems and content that could use improvement, but damn is Shadowlands good. So much fewer chores and even those don't feel as such. Both Maw and Torghat are awesome. I log in excited to do Torghast. I will be doing 1 Rep per character to prevent burning myself out with dailies though. But unlike BFA, Reps are mostly irrelevant for progression (you don't need to do all of them. You can still do that 1 for your proff recipes or legendary).

I've seen no significant amount of people who did that personally, maybe don't stick your face in the hate pits.

Though it should be said that some might simply still be on the fence about whether or not Shadowlands is worth the time to play, the emotional ones among them may desire confirmation and make such tyreads, either before choosing or after making a choice they regret.

Personally i've skipped Pandaland and WoD, so let's not pretend that it's impossible or injustifyable to just condemn an expansion at its start.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

TIL there's actually people who tought AP grinding or doing mindless crap hoping for titanforging RNG was good content. I think the game will be much better off if these people move on. Thankfully SL has started off in a great direction that has taken out this horrible grindy behaviour and hopefully continues that way.