10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Even 3rd wave? The ones that want to drop gays from lgbt since they're not oppressed enough. Not to mention TERFS.
    Then take issue with them. I've got nothing good to say about TERFs.

They aren't "feminism" any more than white supremacists are "white people". Or that "men who beat their wives" are "men in general". What makes them "bad" isn't the feminism, or the white ethnicity, or the maleness, respectively. It's the other shit tacked on to those.

If you mean a specific subcategory who behave badly, by all means, be specific about the bad behaviour. If you take issue with "feminism", period, though, that means you're taking issue with the concept of gender equality, itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Wow.

Hey, remember when Trump's kids failed background chekcs and Trump said "Bah, who cares about background checks"?

Just...felt like saying that, for some reason.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Then take issue with them. I've got nothing good to say about TERFs.

They aren't "feminism" any more than white supremacists are "white people". Or that "men who beat their wives" are "men in general". What makes them "bad" isn't the feminism, or the white ethnicity, or the maleness, respectively. It's the other shit tacked on to those.

If you mean a specific subcategory who behave badly, by all means, be specific about the bad behaviour. If you take issue with "feminism", period, though, that means you're taking issue with the concept of gender equality, itself.
    And, as I mentioned, it's far more a branch of second wave feminism than anything third wave.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting in this tread due to recent "fraud" context.

Why Trump may still fire Barr

A source familiar with the president's thinking tells Axios that Trump remains frustrated with what he sees as the lack of a vigorous investigation into his election conspiracy theories.

That combines with what he perceives as the slow-walking of a report by special counsel John Durham into the 2016 investigation of the Trump campaign's possible ties to Russia under the Obama administration.

Those two factors have resulted in the very real possibility that Barr is either fired or quits, with just 48 days left in Trump's term.
    Barr has already indicated he's all aboard the Trump Train, but the train has derailed. I suppose he does have the option to salvage what dignity he has left.

EDIT: I should also mention, the article suggests Trump has a reason not to: he can't find a replacement. I disagree, in the sense that Trump doesn't need a replacement, he's out of time. Trump needs to be a petty little bitch and call everyone who doesn't follow Trump's every whim a traitor.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-12-03 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Posting in this tread due to recent "fraud" context.

Why Trump may still fire Barr

Barr has already indicated he's all aboard the Trump Train, but the train has derailed. I suppose he does have the option to salvage what dignity he has left.

I don't think there is anything resembling dignity in Barr but he will not get fired Trump needs him to quash that money for pardon investigation. The report was heavily redacted I wouldn't be surprised if Trump, his lackeys or his family are the names behind those black letters. This administration is so corrupt it's going to be really really hard for Biden's DOJ not spend years investigating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't think there is anything resembling dignity in Barr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure he has any dignity left.
    Well he thinks he does. I'd love to see him quit in protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well he thinks he does. I'd love to see him quit in protest.
    Wouldn't that be the biggest joke of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    You are talking about second wave. It was second wage feminism that got a misandrist flair on some edges. Got some "Buff Lesbo no need for men but for reproduction" participants. Third wave tend to be inclusive as fuck, and expand to cover said groups you just mentioned.
    First wave = Political Rights.
    Second wave = womens liberation, with some strange twist and turns on the edges.
    Third wave = inclusivity and equity.

To just go extreme shorthand. There's a great description of some Second Wave feminism's less tasteful parts in the Handmaid's Tale. (narrators mother and her circle). A book published, partly, as a reaction to the reaction to second wave feminism from the evangelical parts of the US and as a critique on some parts of second wave feminists who lost sight of what they should fight for.

But if you respect women, and want to treat them as human and not objects. You should approve of feminism.
    If you want men to have an equal chance of getting custody of children after a divorce, you should approve of feminism. Etc
    When did feminism ever stop at political rights, inclusivity, and equity? It's about said things + a bit more for compensation, revenge, or just because. Some women will fight for full custody of children despite cringing because they perceive child support as alimony. They want the same pay as corporate businessmen but want maternity leave and won't work weekends and late nights. They max out at 5 push ups, have less strength and endurance but want the right to be firemen and soldiers as well as the right to refuse conscription. They want to fight men as equals but cry and shout you hit a woman?! They want to be the same but different. Equity isn't equitable.

Warning: Woman slaps cop and cries when slaps back.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wfS0GD6eu4

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Jesus Christ stop huffing paint fumes. At this rate you will never get to see your totally will happen civil war if you keep going ham on those fumes.
    I am not allowed to discuss civil war. I mean, sure we have people like Bannon calling for the execution of political rivals and Donny Jr calling for civil war right after the election, or Trump-aligned groups holding rallies demanding Trump declare martial law, or Flynn calling for martial law, and these are all related to the 2020 election, but that stuff I am NOT allowed to comment on. I get banned for a month if I discuss the ramifications of these events.

I get this from scrapbot if I do:

Refrain from continuing to derail threads with specific civil war speculation. The fixation in spite of numerable warnings, the thread topic, and a focus on left-wing casualties is inappropriate.

Refrain from derailing discussion to press focus on nuclear civil war.

Refrain from continuing to derail discussion to focus on civil war speculation across several threads, after repeated warnings to cease this behavior.

As far as this forum is concerned, Flynn can call for what is essentially civil war YESTERDAY. But if I talk about it HERE, the mods can and will ban me for 1 month. They will not allow me to start a civil war discussion thread for these events either. So if you want a discussion on civil war, MMOC is not the place for it. We are not allowed to discuss how to avoid civil war. I don't know what the mods will do if/when shooting starts, if they will change their minds (kinda too late at that point). We cannot discuss this.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-12-03 at 04:36 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I am not allowed to discuss civil war. I mean, sure we have people like Bannon calling for the execution of political rivals and Donny Jr calling for civil war right after the election, or Trump-aligned groups holding rallies demanding Trump declare martial law, or Flynn calling for martial law, and these are all related to the 2020 election, but that stuff I am NOT allowed to comment on. I get banned for a month if I discuss the ramifications of these events.

Refrain from continuing to derail threads with specific civil war speculation. The fixation in spite of numerable warnings, the thread topic, and a focus on left-wing casualties is inappropriate.

Refrain from continuing to derail discussion to focus on civil war speculation across several threads, after repeated warnings to cease this behavior.

As far as this forum is concerned, Flynn can call for what is essentially civil war YESTERDAY. But if I talk about it HERE, the mods can and will ban me for 1 month. They will not allow me to start a civil war discussion thread for these events either. So if you want a discussion on civil war, MMOC is not the place for it. We are not allowed to discuss how to avoid civil war. I don't know what the mods will do if/when shooting starts, if they will change their minds (kinda too late at that point). We cannot discuss this.
    What's your point here? That someone else can say a thing, but you can't on a forum with rules? Is that it? Really?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N2IJ1F9

And SCOTUS ruled in favor of the churches challenging the CA restrictions on indoor worship, mirroring their earlier ruling for NY.

I guess according to the SCOTUS, people have the right to get infected in dangerous situations and spread the virus to innocent people who are trying to follow medical guidance. That's the functional reality of this order, just kicking it back down to the lower court with a sticky note saying, "Precedent, bitch."

Man, SCOTUS justices don't matter at all, and we should totally burn everything down to get what we want and ignore the long-term and lasting consequences that lifetime appointments to the highest court in the land create.

10+ Year Old Account

And those people calling for “civil war” can also believe Trump is still the next legitimate president and that he’ll appoint the long-dead JFK jr. to be his VP.

It doesn’t mean those things will happen. They’ll still be just as wrong as you.

If these past four years has taught us anything, it’s that trumps appointees aren’t in savvy at most things, least of all politics.

And moreover you’re not talking about those people talking about civil war when you come in rambling with your conspiracy theories; you come in talking with your own made up narrative about how you’re convinced the US military is going to side with Trump and fight the liberal states

If you want to talk about trump’s political toadies advocating for treason, then actually do that.

Stack that in top of you being a nazi apologist (“the liberals have to stop being so combative towards the nazis, or else they might get dangerous!”) and it’s pretty obvious why no one wants to hear your nonsense.

And even if they do get violent... bring ‘em on. I’ve no doubts president Biden and the bodies of the US criminal justice system are fully capable of shutting terrorists down.

I’ve said it before to shut you down and I’ll say it again, because it’s always the correct sentiment: the just will not fear the unjust.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And those people calling for “civil war” can also believe Trump is still the next legitimate president and that he’ll appoint the long-dead JFK jr. to be his VP.
    Fuck, I forgot they honestly believe that JFK Jr. has been hiding out in a swanky bunker for the past 20 years, plotting his ultimate return to society. He's got that 90's cool to him, and with 90's retro apparently being a zoomer thing (I guess? I don't know? It looks like?) he's gonna swoop back in to take the youth vote and carry Republicans to a new era of resplendent glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Quit watching Tim Pool and masturbating over the thought of having a civil war in your country. You people are beyond ridiculous.
    Your previous predictions have been hilariously off - what makes you think your current "A CIVIL WAR IS COMING VERY SOON YOU GUYS" Nostradamus crap is correct?
    (I don’t actually think he lives in the US)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Why do you support those people?

It's weird how often you get busted shilling for fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuck, I forgot they honestly believe that JFK Jr. has been hiding out in a swanky bunker for the past 20 years, plotting his ultimate return to society. He's got that 90's cool to him, and with 90's retro apparently being a zoomer thing (I guess? I don't know? It looks like?) he's gonna swoop back in to take the youth vote and carry Republicans to a new era of resplendent glory.
    They died his skin black and stuck him in a home.

Just like his dad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    I think the bigger story here is that Georgia might be waking up to the fact that the leopard face eating party will eat any face. I am confident that the Republicans will win both seats still, but this year will be hard to ignore in the future.
    I'm actually more hopeful now than ever that the Democrats can win both seats. The one thing that's made Republicans fare better in special elections is the GoP's ability to whip their base into a frenzy to avoid the off-Election-Day apathy that often affects Democrat voters.

Generally, this is built off of fear of letting "the other guy" win. But this time, a decent chunk of the GoP seems to be fostering the same apathy that they've so often been able to fight against, and in some cases, they're even branding the Republican candidates as "the other guys".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account

lol there is absolutely nothing to discuss here, it's nothing more than drama and saber-rattling. I follow plenty of right winger influencers online and often times they use vague emotional language to amp people up. They repeat things like "we're coming to a boiling point" and "we'll rise up and crush Democrats!" and some of the audience doesn't know that it's just about having attitude and setting the mood. Their language is metaphorical and it's not literally about crushing and slaughtering your fellow countrymen...

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Quit watching Tim Pool and masturbating over the thought of having a civil war in your country. You people are beyond ridiculous.
    Your previous predictions have been hilariously off - what makes you think your current "A CIVIL WAR IS COMING VERY SOON YOU GUYS" Nostradamus crap is correct?
    The idea of a civil war in the US is goofy anyway. Who is going to fight whom? Not north vs. south. Not east vs. west. Not even Texas vs. California.

It will be the 20 of most urban counties in Texas vs. the remaining 230. It will be Atlanta vs. the rest of Georgia. Or Philadelphia against the rest of Pennsylvania.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And SCOTUS ruled in favor of the churches challenging the CA restrictions on indoor worship, mirroring their earlier ruling for NY.
    I hate to say it, but I kind of agree. You can't make separate rules for churches that don't apply everywhere.

By "kind of" I was under the impression that NY had banned all large gatherings. The ruling makes it sound like churches were singled out, or part of a short list.