Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Meh, since I'm pressed for time and they added my lego item to the first boss of a certain dungeon, I am leaving after the kill. I think I'd be less inclined to do so were I a tank, but I need to get as many tries as possible into every day and with the long-ass queues as a DPS it gets SO tedious.

Chalk it down as yet another bad decision by developers. Among many.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well I mean there was zero reason to rush to get your legendary memory. So there was no reason to spam trying to get it. Last week you couldn't utilize it and this is the first week you could use it. Next week will be first week of raids opening it so you had time to work on getting it. You weren't going to fall behind or anything as long as you kept up on your Soul Ash.
    You don't start farming something only after you can use it. It's not 100% drop rate, but you want to make sure you have it ready when you can craft it. Pretty obvious.

I did a full clear of mythic dungeons this morning on my Paladin and got 3 so hopefully thats not just amazing luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    You don't start farming something only after you can use it. It's not 100% drop rate, but you want to make sure you have it ready when you can craft it. Pretty obvious.
    Yes I know you want to put in some effort to get it, but that doesn't mean you start farming dungeons as much as people had been. We all knew Blizzard was going to buff the drop rate before or around raid launch based on previous expansion experiences. Secondly, if someone is going to complain about doing something that much then perhaps they need to tone it down the amount of times they do it.

On another note, my dungeon queue seems to be completely borked. I queue for a specific dungeon, I've waited 36, 19 and 25 minutes over the past 2 hours, and not gotten a single group to pop... The "Average wait time" keeps going from 7 minutes to 28, back down to 15, up to 36 and so on... Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    For the MMO aspects I care about I group / raid w/ my guild.

For mindlessly farming a(n) rng drop in a heroic 50 times a day. I'll do that alone and just bang it out lol. That activity is not mutually exclusive to enjoying the aspects of an MMO.
    Those other people are doing the same for their group / raid team / guild that you are for yours - trying to get geared up. By dropping and making them wait you're doing to them something you wouldn't want done to you. What if you couldn't get to the boss you want because your groups kept falling apart? Those people just looking out for themselves - which you say is okay - then make you waste your time. But you don't care because you are getting what you want, no matter how much other people's time you waste.

You're allowed to waste other people's time but it's a dick move.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Does it really matter since the cost of Enchanting Mats only favor those who play the AH consistently?

Normal casual players have ZERO hope of getting Legendaries anytime soon.
    They're hardly that bad unless you HAVE to use an expensive slot like chest or legs. My BiS is a cloak and I got it for 5K, Missives 1k each. Granted I'm on a medium pop server now but even if you double the price on a high/full pop one, and use a slot like say gloves which are more expensive, the price tag is about 15k for an item you'll keep for a long time.

Now the rank 3/4 ones? Yeah those are stupidly pricy, but nobody has the Soul Ash to craft them for weeks anyway, so hopefully it goes down by them as more crafters get their ranks.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    On another note, my dungeon queue seems to be completely borked. I queue for a specific dungeon, I've waited 36, 19 and 25 minutes over the past 2 hours, and not gotten a single group to pop... The "Average wait time" keeps going from 7 minutes to 28, back down to 15, up to 36 and so on... Wtf?
    Same here, the last 2 nights i've been queued for plaguefall for 3+ hours and the average time jumps around, I've given up getting it atm because of the queues and my guild already seems to have their dungeon groups formed already. Loved when it was 1 minute average wait time at around 1h40min of waiting lol.

While this fix is fine in general, they really ought to move all legendary recipes to the final boss of the dungeon.

It's somewhat incredible that Blizzard didn't learn from the failure that was WoD garrison inn dungeon quests where people also left as soon as they looted what they needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

they should have just made them drop off last boss only.

I mean why would I stay in a dungeon longer than what I need for me? It's not like those other randos are sticking around for me. They're there for them as well. If our goals align great, if not it was fun for however many bosses this was.
    Not everyone is a trash human being.

I mean I'd say sorry but really this comes down to a(n) our goals aren't aligned and I need to make the best decision for my time. especially around people I don't know / will never associate with outside this brief encounter.
    You're within your rights to do so, but you're an egoist. And not a pleasant player to play with. Most people are nice enough to put group interests before their own. And you would end up on my global ignore list if you left a group for selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Meh, since I'm pressed for time and they added my lego item to the first boss of a certain dungeon, I am leaving after the kill. I think I'd be less inclined to do so were I a tank, but I need to get as many tries as possible into every day and with the long-ass queues as a DPS it gets SO tedious.

Chalk it down as yet another bad decision by developers. Among many.
    yes this is not the fault of players or the community, its on blizzard. the easy solution from the start would have been to put all legendary drops from last bosses only

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Does it really matter since the cost of Enchanting Mats only favor those who play the AH consistently?

Normal casual players have ZERO hope of getting Legendaries anytime soon.
    ?
    Im as casual lately as they come and i had no problem getting a lege. You do know that you can just take the mats to enchanter for lil fee and he will do the enchanted leather/silk/ore for you. Money is the least problem for aquiring legendary.

The hotfix certainly seems to work, I've seen the things drop left and right in my M0 runs now.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

And here we are again on one of those episodes "Why did you take this long to implement something so obvious?".

I was tired of running X dungeon everyday, trying to get my legendary.
    it's been a week and a half dude lmao

I mean why would I stay in a dungeon longer than what I need for me? It's not like those other randos are sticking around for me. They're there for them as well. If our goals align great, if not it was fun for however many bosses this was.
    I never leave a dungeon early but I'm not a dick. These people helped me get what I want why should I fuck them over and not help them out?

And here we are again on one of those episodes "Why did you take this long to implement something so obvious?".

I was tired of running X dungeon everyday, trying to get my legendary.
    At least you can get it, there are some that depend on the weekly torghast rotation, some world bosses or even the raid itself.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You're within your rights to do so, but you're an egoist. And not a pleasant player to play with. Most people are nice enough to put group interests before their own. And you would end up on my global ignore list if you left a group for selfish reasons.
    Yes because we have a long dialogue regarding my reasoning for dropping and re-queuing before I do so. I mean global ignore away but you guys are attempting to make this game into something it's not. This game has effectivley become solo / guild oriented. Outside of that people may as well be NPC's. You see this daily with pvp farm camps in the maw, quest item stealing during WQ's, AH economy crashers, etc.

That you people want to run in a different race than everyone else is fine, but attempting to guilt trip others isn't going to change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone drops the second they stop needing something in there... I have had countless runs where I got past the mark I needed and still stay for the group...

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I'd say sorry but really this comes down to a(n) our goals aren't aligned and I need to make the best decision for my time. especially around people I don't know / will never associate with outside this brief encounter.
    by spreading that mindset though you will inevitably lose time in the long run... If everyone dose this, how long until your healers or tanks just drop on first boss, then again on second, and then no new ones join at that point because no tank or healer needs 3rd or 4th....
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-12-03 at 10:09 PM.