Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You're within your rights to do so, but you're an egoist. And not a pleasant player to play with. Most people are nice enough to put group interests before their own. And you would end up on my global ignore list if you left a group for selfish reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Not everyone is a trash human being.
    Without titanforging and systems like conduits/SL legenadaries sooner or later you will have situation where you have to farm specific thing from specific boss but it turns out to be boss 1-3 of dungeon. I really wonder if you keep you high standards then and help strangers finish their heroic 10th time in a row with 0 chance for upgrade.

But I suggest get off high horse, so you won't be hipocrites later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Without titanforging and systems like conduits/SL legenadaries sooner or later you will have situation where you have to farm specific thing from specific boss but it turns out to be boss 1-3 of dungeon. I really wonder if you keep you high standards then and help strangers finish their heroic 10th time in a row with 0 chance for upgrade.

Been playing this game for 16 years and am happy to say I have yet to fall off, I have had runs into things, with lousy groups that I only need first boss and have stuck with it to the end. Yes maybe I only got 8/9 things I wanted done that day done, but I just pick back up tomorrow. Meanwhile I don't leave a trail of "What an A** that guy was in my wake"...

As a fun example I have fully cleared a whole dungeon again for a group, when the only thing I needed was to turn the quests in that I had forgotten to turn in with my last group back at the start of the dungeon before I left...
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-12-03 at 10:19 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Been playing this game for 16 years and am happy to say I have yet to fall off, I have had runs into things, with lousy groups that I only need first boss and have stuck with it to the end. Yes maybe I only got 8/9 things I wanted done that day done, but I just pick back up tomorrow. Meanwhile I don't leave a trail of "What an A** that guy was in my wake"...
    Sure, good for you. Man, you can even stay and do elite fill the bar world quests and help strangers for hours after you complete your bar if you want. But when I have situation:

- I'm in heroic dungeon
    - legendary drops from heroic 2nd boss (and you can repeat heroic as many as you want)
    - I have everything else prepared to make my bis legendary and be ready for raid next week
    - drop isn't very high (dunno after hotfix)
    - queue takes 20-30 minutes
    - when dps quits if takes like 10 seconds to fill group

then sorry, I won't be selfless in that situation and I accept that someone could think "what an asshole" when I quit. I repent by never spaming "do you neeeeed?" in Mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    And here we are again on one of those episodes "Why did you take this long to implement something so obvious?".

I was tired of running X dungeon everyday, trying to get my legendary.
    Its ... its been 7 days? Relax.

Frankly im quite surprised they did it so quickly. I didnt see much of an issue with the drops. Got a few for the collection already.
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean why would I stay in a dungeon longer than what I need for me? It's not like those other randos are sticking around for me. They're there for them as well. If our goals align great, if not it was fun for however many bosses this was.
    So that's what Multi-player Online Games have become.
    "I. .."
    "I..."
    "I..."
    You're sad to read

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Those other people are doing the same for their group / raid team / guild that you are for yours - trying to get geared up. By dropping and making them wait you're doing to them something you wouldn't want done to you. What if you couldn't get to the boss you want because your groups kept falling apart? Those people just looking out for themselves - which you say is okay - then make you waste your time. But you don't care because you are getting what you want, no matter how much other people's time you waste.

You're allowed to waste other people's time but it's a dick move.
    You can make your own group by using group finder for all boses. (Same goes for 1-boss farmers)
    But better play victim being cutted by random that you maybe never ever meet ingame. You can call it a "dick move" but in reality it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by asuradeus View Post
    You can make your own group by using group finder for all boses. (Same goes for 1-boss farmers)
    But better play victim being cutted by random that you maybe never ever meet ingame. You can call it a "dick move" but in reality it's not.
    I think it says a lot about you as a person if you think that wasting other people's time is not a dick move in reality.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Sure, good for you. Man, you can even stay and do elite fill the bar world quests and help strangers for hours after you complete your bar if you want. But when I have situation:

- I'm in heroic dungeon
    - legendary drops from heroic 2nd boss (and you can repeat heroic as many as you want)
    - I have everything else prepared to make my bis legendary and be ready for raid next week
    - drop isn't very high (dunno after hotfix)
    - queue takes 20-30 minutes
    - when dps quits if takes like 10 seconds to fill group

then sorry, I won't be selfless in that situation and I accept that someone could think "what an asshole" when I quit. I repent by never spaming "do you neeeeed?" in Mythics.
    you can't repeat the heroic for loot more than once per day

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose221 View Post
    you can't repeat the heroic for loot more than once per day
    Yes, you can. They hotfixed away the daily lockout. And even before that you could do random heroics through group finder as many times as you want in a single day.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    So that's what Multi-player Online Games have become.
    "I. .."
    "I..."
    "I..."
    You're sad to read
    Sorry i min-max my time spent..not sorry.

In dungeons that won't happen because who the heck needs a specific item from heroic difficulty? Starting with next week it's all about M+ again and loot there comes from the end.

In pug raids, though, that's how it has been for years. People join and leave for the bosses they need all the time. That's the biggest reason why pug raids are so damn long because after each boss you always have to search for a replacement.

It's stupid how people blame the leavers, though. In pug world it is all about "Me, myself and I". Do those dungeons with a guild or (irl) friends if you want a sense of community. I mean that's the whole point of pugging. You do your own thing, play the game on your own terms without being "chained" to a community ("help out a guild member", "we raid on x day at y time", etc.)

Don't assume everyone is a self centered individual like you. And yes, I helped strangers the last 10 years I played WoW and I will continue to do so. Because they helped me getting the chance for my specific thing. If you did not need the strangers, you would not group with them now, would you?
    Also I don't really need a reason to help somebody. I do it all the time in WoW. With zero reward.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yes because we have a long dialogue regarding my reasoning for dropping and re-queuing before I do so. I mean global ignore away but you guys are attempting to make this game into something it's not. This game has effectivley become solo / guild oriented. Outside of that people may as well be NPC's. You see this daily with pvp farm camps in the maw, quest item stealing during WQ's, AH economy crashers, etc.

That you people want to run in a different race than everyone else is fine, but attempting to guilt trip others isn't going to change that.
    If you leave a premade group without reason then yes, I would gladly never have to deal with you again. And I don't share your view of the game, which is why I avoid people like you and rely on my guild or community to achieve stuff ingame. But as I said, you're free to play as you like, just don't expect everyone to think like you and support your selfishness.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-04 at 01:05 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't assume everyone is a self centered individual like you. And yes, I helped strangers the last 10 years I played WoW and I will continue to do so. Because they helped me getting the chance for my specific thing. If you did not need the strangers, you would not group with them now, would you?
    Also I don't really need a reason to help somebody. I do it all the time in WoW. With zero reward.
    Of course, you don't know how I act in game, you don't know if/how many times I helped strangers or friends, but I'm "self centered individual" because I refuse to finish heroic 10 times in a row for strangers (and after my leave it takes 10 second to refill my dps spot). Some people, jeez.

And it's red flag for me when someone pretend to be saint that ALWAYS put other interest above theirs. We all sometimes lies, are selfish or do shitty things, we are humans. But at least we can avoid to be hipocrites.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-12-04 at 01:47 PM.

If you leave a premade group without reason then yes, I would gladly never have to deal with you again. And I don't share your view of the game, which is why I avoid people like you and rely on my guild or community to achieve stuff ingame. But as I said, you're free to play as you like, just don't expect everyone to think like you and support your selfishness.
    But, these people have a reason. They cleared up to the boss they want, did or didn’t get what they wanted, and then left because there was nothing else for them and it’s a waste of their time to continue.
    I understand your reason for calling them selfish, but it’s also selfish to demand other people to spend their precious time doing something they don’t want to do that might only benefit you.
    Unfortunately for the argument people are making here, the selfishness exists on both sides. People keep stating things like “our runs are ruined,” or “it’s bullshit,0 or other phrases like these, yet people can easily teleport out of the dungeon and go quest or farm while they wait for a new tank or healed to show up. The only thing you can’t do is enter another instanced piece of content. You don’t have to wait around doing nothing inside the zone while waiting. I have personally done just that multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    If you're too stupid to hit the "find more people" button to instantly add a new tank to your group, that's entirely on you.
    First: There is not always a new Healer/Tank/DD aviable. And yes, there were some times in the past where even DDs would get the Goody Bag because there were not enough going dungeons.
    Second: You do not only Screw the Group you Left, but possible the next one who Joins the Group after you.

Yesterday I had 4 Healers leave and join after the first Boss. GG, the First healer who left after the Boss, wasted 8 Peoples time. In One Run Mind you.

- - - Updated - - -

I´ve never Quit a Dungeon midway because there were no Drops I could use on later bosses. Speak for yourself, not everyone is Selfish.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2020-12-04 at 02:39 PM.

Of course, you don't know how I act in game, you don't know if/how many times I helped strangers or friends, but I'm "self centered individual" because I refuse to finish heroic 10 times in a row for strangers (and after my leave it takes 10 second to refill my dps spot). Some people, jeez.

And it's red flag for me when someone pretend to be saint that ALWAYS put other interest above theirs. We all sometimes lies, are selfish or do shitty things, we are humans. But at least we can avoid to be hipocrites.
    In my eyes and based on your posts here yes, you are a self centered individual. Which is okay, it's not an insult unless you take it as one and then you probably know that your behaviour is not as good as you want it to be. You do you, I don't judge you, judge yourself. I only choose not to play with players with certain behaviours and that's my right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    But, these people have a reason. They cleared up to the boss they want, did or didn’t get what they wanted, and then left because there was nothing else for them and it’s a waste of their time to continue.
    I understand your reason for calling them selfish, but it’s also selfish to demand other people to spend their precious time doing something they don’t want to do that might only benefit you.
    Unfortunately for the argument people are making here, the selfishness exists on both sides. People keep stating things like “our runs are ruined,” or “it’s bullshit,0 or other phrases like these, yet people can easily teleport out of the dungeon and go quest or farm while they wait for a new tank or healed to show up. The only thing you can’t do is enter another instanced piece of content. You don’t have to wait around doing nothing inside the zone while waiting. I have personally done just that multiple times.
    Well not really. If you leave a group after you completed your goal (chance for a drop) while the others have not (finish the run), then there's only one selfish person in this equation. Because you recieved something without giving something else in return (=selfishness). If 4 people did you a favour it is imo decent behaviour to repay that favour.
    Sure, the runs are not ruined, but it certainly is a major annoyance to not be able to continue for a while (which is more of a problem in mythic difficulty).

In my eyes and based on your posts here yes, you are a self centered individual. Which is okay, it's not an insult unless you take it as one and then you probably know that your behaviour is not as good as you want it to be. You do you, I don't judge you, judge yourself. I only choose not to play with players with certain behaviours and that's my right to do so.

Well not really. If you leave a group after you completed your goal (chance for a drop) while the others have not (finish the run), then there's only one selfish person in this equation. Because you recieved something without giving something else in return (=selfishness). If 4 people did you a favour it is imo decent behaviour to repay that favour.
    Sure, the runs are not ruined, but it certainly is a major annoyance to not be able to continue for a while (which is more of a problem in mythic difficulty).
    But the person in question has given something in return. The person leaving has still given their time and help in clearing the dungeon for the part they are present for. The only time your argument makes sense is if the other 4 people cleared up to the boss and killed the boss without the 5th person who then leaves.
    If I join at the start of the dungeon and I clear up to and kill 3 bosses I have put in just as much time as everyone else, and in some cases I even put in more work and contribute more, then it’s not selfish of me to leave after a 3rd boss if there is nothing left for me in the instance.
    It is selfish of others to expect me to stay and help them clear. This is the direct same thing that you described: you’re wanting to receive something from me without giving anything in return.
    I understand what you’re trying to state, but mob mentality doesn’t make them correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    But the person in question has given something in return. The person leaving has still given their time and help in clearing the dungeon for the part they are present for. The only time your argument makes sense is if the other 4 people cleared up to the boss and killed the boss without the 5th person who then leaves.
    If I join at the start of the dungeon and I clear up to and kill 3 bosses I have put in just as much time as everyone else, and in some cases I even put in more work and contribute more, then it’s not selfish of me to leave after a 3rd boss if there is nothing left for me in the instance.
    It is selfish of others to expect me to stay and help them clear. This is the direct same thing that you described: you’re wanting to receive something from me without giving anything in return.
    I understand what you’re trying to state, but mob mentality doesn’t make them correct.
    It doesnt work that way. You apply for a complete Dungeon Run with the Tool, where everyone has the Intention to do the Entire run.

Your example lacks the the point of what the others want.
    If I want something from Boss 2, you leave after Boss 1, in that case I help you kill Boss 1, but you dont hold up your end of the bargain of helping me kill boss 2. The way you dont even consider that others dont need/wand the boss you want, shows that you think only of yourself, and not the other players you are playing with.

GIRLS FOR SEX HERE >>> freesex2020.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Its ... its been 7 days? Relax.

Frankly im quite surprised they did it so quickly. I didnt see much of an issue with the drops. Got a few for the collection already.
    "The drop rates are fine because I, personally, have been lucky".

Some of us haven't and this is a welcome change. I haven't had a single one drop, never mind the specific legendary I want!