Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Just have a key that drops off the boss instead of the memory and have the chest it opens only available behind the last boss after you kill it.
    But what happens when it doesn't drop. Same problem. I think that people are entitled to leave whenever they want for any reason they want. Forcing people to complete a dungeon is just bad design. The only "fix" would be for these things to drop off the last boss with a good drop rate. It's bullshit that these legendary items need rare drops in the first place. It's enough that they cost a bit and there is some gating to them. I've been lucky in the drops but completing 1 dungeon is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    As if you aren't "rando". Just don't whine when enough of other "randos" persuade Blizzard into punishing likes of you with debuffs.
    Hasn't happened in 16 years. Why start now? Forcing people into content is bad design. Tears about leaving is ridiculous. It's like you're pretending that the dungeon can't be finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, dungeon leaving has become extensive this expansion and should be rigorously punsihed. I had so many players that left after the first or second boss when their legendary recipe didn't drop... it's so annoying. There needs to be more punishment than just the debuff.
    Why? Is it because you can't form a group after and it's impossible to clear the dungeon? Here's a tip. It's not impossible to get replacements. It's actually very easy. They should punish players who demand others play the game they want them to play. Toxicity should be punished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    And how do you suggest that such a system should work?
    Do you imagine the tantrums on the official forums if someone got a 1 day debuff if he DC'ed? OR if someone got a 1-day-debuff because he was kicked?

And if you do again like in Cata where you didn''t get a debuff if you were kicked then the tank/healer/dps that doesn't want that random dungeon would just go AFK until he was kicked.

And just imagine the "forced" hostage scenarios if you got a huge debuff if you left a dungeon. Plenty of people would enjoy abusing people who wouldn't leave a dungeon because of potential huge debuff.

This problem will go away next week where you can spam mythic+ and get your gear and leggos that way and aren't forced anymore to do normals or heroics for that shit.
    If they want to play that game I would stay with them till they leave. I usually have Neflix on my TV. They want be an A hole I can be even a bigger A hole and waste their time.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The simplest fix is to move all leggo recipes to the final boss's loot table.
    If someone needs to leave mid-run for any reason, they can do so, but they will not have the chance at the recipe.
    No one should be forced to finish a dungeon, but it's Blizz's fault for putting the carrot in the wrong place that encourages it.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Something tells me that leaver cunts are not doctors. I don't know, just thinking... Honestly, what kind of beyond stupid justification was that?
    What kind of argument is just throwing insults. Normal people accept they were proven wrong and move on. I would also like to see your source that says that doctors are not leaver cunts. Using common sense I would suggest that they would be high "offenders" as the average doctor normally has less time available for leisure. Proof me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    just a thing i still haven't seen the behavior in classic dungeons
    That's because there's nothing else to do. You can sit there for hours and not find a group. Leave classic out of this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This.
    Imo they could save themselves and others trouble by just adding badges or something for specific drops you pursue, so that even if you're unlucky you will eventually get it.

Like you select 1 item per character and then that dungeon drops tokens from every boss with a little extra from the last, and it accumulates until you have the item or pick another target, and then it resets and you can grind for another.
    This is probably the best solution so far. It still gives the player the option to leave but it also gives some real Incentive to stay. Will work especially well for first boss drops. Stay debuffed for 10 more mins or kill a couple of bosses to get tokens just in case you're really unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Just instantly votekick any rogue before 1st boss in TOP or hunters before 3rd boss in Plaguefall. They will learn.
    So your solution to avoid leavers and waiting for replacements is to kick them so you have to wait for replacements...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's Blizz's fault for putting chase items on a certain boss's loot table and making it rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do feel the need to apologise to the 16 groups I left tankless trying to get my drop from the first boss in Halls of Atonement, but blame Blizzard for not making that shit a 100% drop chance. There is no way in hell I could have been arsed to do that many full runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

As a brewmaster mine is from last boss in sanguine depths, if it was from the first I would leave after every kill. Sorry, not sorry. No one should have to apologize for optimizing their play time. Blame blizzard for not putting them all on final bosses or making them 100%, not the players for not wanting to waste their time if the only thing they need from that dungeon didn't drop.

I mean, if blizzard does not respect our time (by making the drop chance so low) then obviously players will not respect other players time. Blizzard needs to lead with example. If the drop chance is 5% (made up, I have no idea) this is clearly an indication that they do not value our time at all. A better way of approaching these memories would be:

1: All of them are end of the dungeon loot drops.
    2: Alternatively make them weekly dungeon quests where you get one of your choice. (finish 5 heroic dungeons, for example)

I would argue 5-10 dungeons per legendary memory would be a decent and respectful grind. More than that is unjustifiable considering they are major power points of your character and shouldn't rely on excessive RNG that can delay your progression substantially if you get unlucky. Best proof of that concept failing (too much RNG) was actually Legion. They should learn that major power items are NOT good for RNG.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-12-03 at 09:58 PM.

it replaces people pretty quickly. and leveling, im thrilled to get a group thats about to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Yes, you can fault them just like I can fault you for having a name that starts with K. It's not hard to have a name that starts with one of the other 25 letters.
    Wow, not even remotely the same. Having a name start with k is not intrinsically shitty. Leaving a dungeon you signed up for early because you didn't get the item you needed IS shitty. And yes, by using dungeon finder you agreeing you are onboard for the entire dungeon.

Don't be a pissant. Finish the dungeon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I mean, if blizzard does not respect our time (by making the drop chance so low) then obviously players will not respect other players time. Blizzard needs to lead with example. If the drop chance is 5% (made up, I have no idea) this is clearly an indication that they do not value our time at all. A better way of approaching these memories would be:

1: All of them are end of the dungeon loot drops.
    2: Alternatively make them weekly dungeon quests where you get one of your choice. (finish 5 heroic dungeons, for example)

I would argue 5-10 dungeons per legendary memory would be a decent and respectful grind. More than that is unjustifiable considering they are major power points of your character and shouldn't rely on excessive RNG that can delay your progression substantially if you get unlucky. Best proof of that concept failing (too much RNG) was actually Legion. They should learn that major power items are NOT good for RNG.
    No way dude. Excuses are frail. What you perceive as a slight against you does NOT make you ho-ing other people acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Game design like bosses dropping interesting BIS items suffers a ton when faced with toxic community’s it’s always been this way.

Nothing to be done about it until blizzard adds something to inhibit the toxic people.
    Why is it Toxic? Why am I required to run an entire dungeon just for you? People have done dungeons just for Trinkets and other items, why should someone have to continue run for 15-30 mins, just so you don't have to wait 2-3 mins for a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Leaving a dungeon you signed up for early because you didn't get the item you needed IS shitty. And yes, by using dungeon finder you agreeing you are onboard for the entire dungeon.
    Again, says who? There was no checkbox that says I agree to stay the whole run. You are NOT entitled to other people's time. You didn't take a blood oath to run that dungeon together. If it bothers you so, form a group and take such an oath and then run it. You want all the convenience of LFG and none of the inconvenience
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2020-12-03 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    In almost every single dungeon at least one person leaves after a certain boss they're obviously farming. For example in Theater of Pain rogues always leave after the first boss and warriors always leave after Xav, since they're looking for their legendary recipe.

I can't remember the last time it was THIS bad. I've been waiting 5 minutes for a new tank now since warrior tank left after Xav. I'm questioning if it was such a good idea to put legendary items on dungeon bosses. People have absolutely no shame anymore and don't give a single crap if others have to wait.

Have you experienced this as well or am I just unlucky?
    just increase the deserter debuff to 24hr and problem solved

Just patch it if they haven't already. Easy enough. Put legendary items in a chest that spawns after last boss defeated. Simple.

People being intentionally obtuse. Of course you have the right to leave, and no one cares if you leave, but the overall dungeon experience should be smooth. This creates an unnecessary hiccup of varying degrees, and can easily be patched out. So, it's probably happening, and you know why even if it is fun to pretend you don't. We'll see.

How is this a problem in the first place? You have dungeon finder, it finds you the new guy right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Haha no mate, I farmed the warlock legednary, I HATE that dungeon but I am required to do at least 2 bosses to get a chance at the leggo, got it today so no more farming thankfully, but no I do not feel bad that I am not staying for 2 more bosses of a dungeon I HATE. Nor do I blame the druids leaving after the Atal boss in the same dungeon, because we are in the same boat.

Your solution is to force people to do content they do not want to do, mate, come on, that is NOT a solution.
    If you queue for a dungeon, then you do the fucking dungeon. The entire thing. Bitching out cause you killed the boss you needed should be a bannable offense. Make it so no one gets loot until the end.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Make it so no one gets loot until the end.
    And when people start abusing vote-kicking to remove people right before the last boss so they can bring in their buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Why is it Toxic? Why am I required to run an entire dungeon just for you? People have done dungeons just for Trinkets and other items, why should someone have to continue run for 15-30 mins, just so you don't have to wait 2-3 mins for a replacement?

Again, says who? There was no checkbox that says I agree to stay the whole run. You are NOT entitled to other people's time. You didn't take a blood oath to run that dungeon together. If it bothers you so, form a group and take such an oath and then run it. You want all the convenience of LFG and none of the inconvenience

Listen if YOU want to be selfish and value your time and screw 4 other people. Go for it. But don't think for a second you can flip your trash behavior on me. It's a shitty thing to do, and your are being selfish with your time You didn't kill the boss yourself. The group did. You couldn't do it without them. They helped you. You help them clear the rest of the dungeon. Fair is fair.

Selfish pricks always try to justify their behavior by saying everyone else is selfish to expect anything out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Why should we not fault players if it is the players causing the problem?
    It's not a problem. Players play the way they want to play. You cannot demand your playstyle on other players.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    It’s toxic because it has a harmful impact on other players and the game as a whole when blizzard starts putting in counter measures to stop such behaviour You save your time but hurt every one else.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Given that they are the source of most issues in this game, abso-fucking-lutely you can, and should.
    And it serves no purpose and is not right. They are playing the game as they want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yes, I can fault the players, they're cunts. Remember the daily dungeon quests in Wrath? Blizzard got so fed up with group leavers eventually they added the requirement to kill the final boss to complete the quest. They could do something here. Maybe make it like M+, where you don't get any boss loot until a chest at the end.
    You're the cunt for demanding indentured servitude of others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Wow, not even remotely the same. Having a name start with k is not intrinsically shitty. Leaving a dungeon you signed up for early because you didn't get the item you needed IS shitty. And yes, by using dungeon finder you agreeing you are onboard for the entire dungeon.

Don't be a pissant. Finish the dungeon
    Playing a game is not "intrinsically shitty." By using dungeon finder you agree to join a dungeon. There are no other requirements.

Don't force your playstyle on others. You do not and never will have the authority.