Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I appreciate the balls of making a "progression" thread.

After I was absolutely and completely wrong how long it would take ppl to get to lv 60 and clear MC....I am now very cynicak and BWL and AQ 40 proved me right. Naxx is just going to be another faceroll compared to the effort it took in Vanilla.

It honestly isn't even worth this thread.
    just comenting to say i found it funny you made a post complaining about the pointlessness of yet another swift classic progress thread that wont last long, and by the irony ( i think irony ) you posted it after it was allready over and done with anyway >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    The best players and guilds in the world, who practised the fights for years on private servers, who practised this specific build for weeks on the PTR, went in and all wiped multiples times except for a single guild.

If you let people practice the retail fights for a month straight they would oneshot everything with no issues. For me this confirms Naxx is harder than retail.
    youre funny i want what your drinking it sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    just comenting to say i found it funny you made a post complaining about the pointlessness of yet another swift classic progress thread that wont last long, and by the irony ( i think irony ) you posted it after it was allready over and done with anyway >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I reacted the same way to the post, that + the one following it = gold!

The best players and guilds in the world, who practised the fights for years on private servers, who practised this specific build for weeks on the PTR, went in and all wiped multiples times except for a single guild.

If you let people practice the retail fights for a month straight they would oneshot everything with no issues. For me this confirms Naxx is harder than retail.
    Except unlike classic where they are killing patchwerk in 3min when he has 6 minute enrage. Retail fights are super tightly tuned for gear you have week 1, you have to play perfect, often underheal, and if possible solo tank to make dps checks, and even then you sometimes need perfect pulls to make dps checks on final bosses, where all stars align for rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Except unlike classic where they are killing patchwerk in 3min when he has 6 minute enrage. Retail fights are super tightly tuned for gear you have week 1, you have to play perfect, often underheal, and if possible solo tank to make dps checks, and even then you sometimes need perfect pulls to make dps checks on final bosses, where all stars align for rng.
    APES got world 4th and hit the enrage timer on Patchwerk. Most guilds will probably hit the enrage.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Haha, I reacted the same way to the post, that + the one following it = gold!
    yea i was outside having a smoke and i thought "what a load of wank classic has turned out to be"

then i realised its not, at least wanking has something hard about it, and gets more difficult with age haha

ahh well its all done now, cant wait for the same fun watching the "tbc will be way more difficult" crowed get there reality checks when that roles around.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    APES got world 4th and hit the enrage timer on Patchwerk. Most guilds will probably hit the enrage.
    For context, their tanks died and the melee were getting splat one after the other and they killed it shortly after all their melee were dead.

It was a complete mess, that is why they even came close to the enrage.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Half the dps was dead after 30% and it wasn't hard enrage. They killed it in 4 min, the boss enrages at 5%.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-12-04 at 12:34 AM.

Ah yes, remember when the best players and guilds in the world continued to kill jaina every reset because after they'd done it a few times it was easy to one-shot? They definitely didn't start skipping it because they still wiped on it and it was still a tight fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Ah yes, remember when the best players and guilds in the world continued to kill jaina every reset because after they'd done it a few times it was easy to one-shot? They definitely didn't start skipping it because they still wiped on it and it was still a tight fight.
    Didn't a few of the top guilds completely give up on reclearing Ghuun too? Probably just gave up because they were so easy that it was boring their members.

Yeah no. Historically hard bosses like mythic Kil'Jaeden, Fallen Avatar, Helya, Uu'nat, etc, would not be cleared easily even with a month of practice.

In retail, people overgear and do practice bosses for months and still never get cutting edge. Part of the issue is the skill ceiling is much higher in retail than in classic. Classic is full of specs that are just 1 or 2 buttons. Because of this there's very little difference between a player from APES and a player from some rando top 1000 guild. Retail is full of specs like fire mage with its 14 spell opener where if you make a teeny tiny mistake your dps craters where you do 3k dps instead of 8k dps.

Most guilds that kill the first 5 bosses on mythic never finish the raid, even when they acquire gear that boosts their dps by x10 compared to world first progression.

Imagine if 2 months after Naxx came out every rando shit warrior had gear that let them do 10-15k dps and they still couldn't kill Patchwerk. Then it would be like retail raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Didn't a few of the top guilds completely give up on reclearing Ghuun too? Probably just gave up because they were so easy that it was boring their members.
    Part of that was also because of Titanforging. Outside of BiS trinkets you could get the same gear from anywhere else.

I would suspect less final boss skipping in Shadowlands now that TF is gone and their loot actually matters.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Part of that was also because of Titanforging. Outside of BiS trinkets you could get the same gear from anywhere else.

I would suspect less final boss skipping in Shadowlands now that TF is gone and their loot actually matters.
    The loot from that boss was just not worth the effort to reclear it before the nerfs and you basically needed 4 warlocks to make it easier. So many guilds (mine included) just stopped reclearing it after few kills.

and here one of the most toxic debates in the game's history is laid to rest, there's nothing hard about classic

now let's see how many days and how many hundreds of pulls MYTHIC Denathrius is going to last

>"Wait for Naxx, the REAL challenging raid"

>Raid cleared in 85 minutes

>"Nobody expected this to be challenging!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    and here one of the most toxic debates in the game's history is laid to rest, there's nothing hard about classic

now let's see how many days and how many hundreds of pulls MYTHIC Denathrius is going to last
    nothing is hard if you had 15 years of prep time

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    But bro, clearly that's nowhere near what REAL Vanilla was like, where even pulling Hogger was more difficult and skill-testing than any of those fancy mythic raid fights you got now. Classic just looks like an absolute roflstomp because it's not REAL Vanilla, #nochanges #notmyclassic. If it was, even world-first raiders couldn't level to 60 because it was so difficult.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    BFA was full of those.

Ghuun
    Uunat (who barely anyone killed at all, let alone reclear)
    Azhara

People only wanted Jaina for the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    nothing is hard if you had 15 years of prep time
    Most of the playerbase would not be able to kill any of the MoP-BFA endbosses in a week 1 setting even with 20 or 30 years of prep time.

People that only play classic have no idea how strong gear in retail is. You literally deal 10x the damage in retail just from farming the bosses for a few months. And still most guilds fail to clear raids on mythic even after tons of nerfs and tons of extra gear, The damage from that gear is worth more than any amount of prep time.

As someone that has done both, classic raiding is literally the same difficulty as normal or LFR in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It sort of was. APES wiped on 4H. After that i closed the stream in disgust.
    Hahahahaha. Really? I thought they were suppose to be the best. They didn't win one raid tier.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more likely they will disband out of disgust. They talked a big game but when it came to the real thing they choked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    i think frogger after patchwerk is going to be #1 cause of death
    Ohhhhh yeah. I always looked at it as a check for Farmers. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D