Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    "You look the same!"
    "You look completely different!"

Either one is people noticing your appearance when they shouldn't be judging in the first place!
    You're saying no one should compliment your appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    They're called backhanded compliments, Chicken Drummer. Not that the OP is going to read any of this, he spams the same shit on multiple forums and never takes part in conversation.
    That's actually the beauty of it. He is taking part with a quick, throwaway sentence in the OP and then goes on to make a new thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I get it. you deliberately give people backhanded compliments, becasue you do not want to actualy compliment them, or have them feel good.
    Comments that could be back-handed can also be sincere. If I say something sincerely and someone takes offense at it, fuck them. I can't be bothered with oversensitive half-wits.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Either one is people noticing your appearance when they shouldn't be judging in the first place!
    "Judging" people is part of the human condition. Your feelings aren't really relevant in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Comments that could be back-handed can also be sincere. If I say something sincerely and someone takes offense at it, fuck them. I can't be bothered with oversensitive half-wits.

"Judging" people is part of the human condition. Your feelings aren't really relevant in that regard.
    once again proving that your compliments are not about complimenting the person and making THEM feel good. you don't care. its about you caring about what YOU think and you just have to say it out loud for some reason. which is why you still seem to be not grasping that these "compliments" are really not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    once again proving that your compliments are not about complimenting the person and making THEM feel good. you don't care. its about you caring about what YOU think and you just have to say it out loud for some reason. which is why you still seem to be not grasping that these "compliments" are really not.
    One has to be fairly naive to believe that compliments are always about making someone "feel good". They're not. In many cases, it's simply acknowledging a characteristic or improvement. If I say, "That's a nice car", am I supposed to be trying to make the car "feel good"? Additionally, you seem to be under the impression that you get to dictate what is and isn't a sincere compliment. Sorry, but you only get to do that when it's you making the compliment, because that's how that works. Sincerity is dictated by the context and intent of the compliment, which is in turn dictated by the person making the compliment. And there is no obligation to "care" if a person is "offended" in order for the compliment to be sincere. That's just stupid. I can say, "Your hair looks nice" and mean it. If they bitch about it, they're an idiot and deserve to be told so. It doesn't change the sincerity of my compliment. Idiots can have nice hair.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2020-11-19 at 09:03 PM.

The classics; "You look pretty with makeup on." and "You look nice, today."

Oh, I remember one relative telling me once, "Oh, you have fewer pimples on your face than last month."
    And I thought, "What? Why do you even talk about my pimples? Polite people don't say that."
    Although I was not surprised then that she said so. She's just a terrible person. It is impossible to communicate with her, I have a nervous flow because of her. She always criticizes everything and everyone, she’s always unsatisfied. She can easily say, "What happened to your hair? It's like a bomb went off," or “What a terrible hat” and worst of all, she doesn't see anything wrong with it. Every time I see her on a family holiday, I want to run away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Smile." is still the weirdest and most irritating thing. Having a resting bitch face is socially exhausting.
    People need to shut the fuck up and stop telling me to smile more (I already talk less.) Fuck no I'm not running around with a goofy grin on my face. Do I look serious with my resting face? Yep. These people need to deal with it and take their extroverted asses out of my life.

Fucking extroverts man. "You're too quiet." And you're too loud.
    Putin khuliyo

In these days its better to keep to yourself people get upset about everything even compliments so better just ignore people and only interact when its really needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    In these days its better to keep to yourself people get upset about everything even compliments so better just ignore people and only interact when its really needed.
    I gots 50000 posts that say otherwise... Is it just me or just you?

I got one... ‘It’s just human nature’...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi