Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I actually tried that and it resulted in pets not being able to hold aggro at all even with Misdirect, especially when dealing with more than one mob. I went back to Tenacity quite fast after. But I dunno maybe I just had really bad luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I like the extra management. Also the same reason I think it's sad shamans barely use totems anymore as I always found that extra management fun.
    Pets generate same aggro, tenacity pets aren't any better at actually holding threat, since they have identical tools to ferocity pets, they just die easier because they lack leech

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    At least BM. It's so weak its not fun to play and i'm therefor leaning towards unsub. I struggle doing normal WQs, I lose almost all 1v1 wpvp, in BG's im basically a critter.

This coming from someone who knows the spec inside out, and with "decent" gear (including BiS 190ilvl wep).

Those of you who switched over to MM, tell me your experience. I have a bunch of alt, but this is my main and considering the unbelivably slow grind with covenants, the maw etc, I will not play alts in this expansion.
    BM is absolutely fine. I use it for every piece of solo content there is. The damage is fine (simming 5% under MM is fine), the mobility and utility is amazing.
    Only reason I play MM is because I have had enough of an unchanged BM from BFA.

So yeah, you're wrong mate.

I actually tried that and it resulted in pets not being able to hold aggro at all even with Misdirect, especially when dealing with more than one mob. I went back to Tenacity quite fast after. But I dunno maybe I just had really bad luck.
    Thats... all in your head.

Or you are a time traveler talking from 5 years ago or something.

Corehound and/or Clefthoof, that's where it's at for "most optimal pet usage."
    At least now after they nerfed the spiritbeast heal into oblivion.

Corehound is supreme for AoE "tanking"
    Clefthoof is supreme for leech heal (edit: talking about the amount you heal yourself by healing your pets), durability and stuff like that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-04 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

I think you missed something.

The OP is complaining that he cannot do WQs as a BM hunter which is completely absurd as BM is one of the best open world specs in the game. Most of Peoples answers have nothing to do with group based content.

People are flaming/trolling him because his complaints are ridiculous and untrue. What do you expect. It’s like someone complaining that Jeff Bezos doesn’t have enough money.
    No, I saw that he got the advice about Clefthoof and accepted the advice for the problem he was facing.
    Meaning, he likely did not have issues accepting relevant advice.

Just wait until raids open and WarcraftLogs will show the truth
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

You're doing it wrong.

I had a BM hunter tank a 62 world spawn the other day and this coming from a VDH. I would have taunted but his pets did just fine lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Pets generate same aggro, tenacity pets aren't any better at actually holding threat, since they have identical tools to ferocity pets, they just die easier because they lack leech
    Don't Tenacity pets usually have more aoe spells which makes it easier for them to contain aggro on several mobs compared to Ferocity which is usually more single damage? It's a while since I looked at actual mechanics and I only based it on my actual experience there and then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Thats... all in your head.

Or you are a time traveler talking from 5 years ago or something.

Corehound and/or Clefthoof, that's where it's at for "most optimal pet usage."
    At least now after they nerfed the spiritbeast heal into oblivion.

Corehound is supreme for AoE "tanking"
    Clefthoof is supreme for leech heal (edit: talking about the amount you heal yourself by healing your pets), durability and stuff like that.
    See my comment above.

Not sure why you would have any issue with threat here. All pets deal the same amount of damage and have the same base functions to utilize in combat(damage/threat wise).

Note that you would do well to check that your ferocity pet has it's Growl-ability active as those "settings" aren't shared between pets.

Meaning that even if you activate auto-cast on Growl on your Spirit Beast, it doesn't turn on the auto-cast function on other pets. Also check that your ferocity pet has it's Basic Attack on auto-cast as well. It shouldn't ever be off really but, doesn't hurt to check.

Other than this, they are the same. They deal the same damage. You should do fine(better) with a ferocity pet for any and all solo content.

Don't Tenacity pets usually have more aoe spells which makes it easier for them to contain aggro on several mobs compared to Ferocity which is usually more single damage? It's a while since I looked at actual mechanics and I only based it on my actual experience there and then.

- - - Updated - - -

See my comment above.
    No, they don't.

The only real difference between Tenacity vs Ferocity is that Ferocity provides lust+leech while Tenacity provides more base health+an on-use DR.
    Last edited by F Rm; 2020-12-04 at 04:13 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

See my comment above.
    Nope, only pet aoe skills are froststorm breath from chimeras(which does terrible damage) burrow from worms(again awful damage) and corehounds molten hide - which can hit multiple enemies but isnt a true aoe.

Aside from that pets have identical damage, clefthoof has bonus armor and healing, plus leech of ferocity, which makes it ideal for tanking it pretty much any situation

Love how OP gets X amount of feedback from players not having his struggles, yet he maintains that BM is weak "for a fact".

I've had exactly zero issues in world content, dungeons and Torghast as a BM and MM.

At least BM. It's so weak its not fun to play and i'm therefor leaning towards unsub. I struggle doing normal WQs, I lose almost all 1v1 wpvp, in BG's im basically a critter.

This coming from someone who knows the spec inside out, and with "decent" gear (including BiS 190ilvl wep).

Those of you who switched over to MM, tell me your experience. I have a bunch of alt, but this is my main and considering the unbelivably slow grind with covenants, the maw etc, I will not play alts in this expansion.
    It is clearly a player problem. BM is super strong atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    Not sure why you would have any issue with threat here. All pets deal the same amount of damage and have the same base functions to utilize in combat(damage/threat wise).

Note that you would do well to check that your ferocity pet has it's Growl-ability active as those "settings" aren't shared between pets.

Meaning that even if you activate auto-cast on Growl on your Spirit Beast, it doesn't turn on the auto-cast function on other pets. Also check that your ferocity pet has it's Basic Attack on auto-cast as well. It shouldn't ever be off really but, doesn't hurt to check.

Other than this, they are the same. They deal the same damage. You should do fine(better) with a ferocity pet for any and all solo content.

No, they don't.

The only real difference between Tenacity vs Ferocity is that Ferocity provides lust+leech while Tenacity provides more base health+an on-use DR.
    I always check the abilities when I switch pets so I don't know what happened, must have been really bad luck or just some mobs being different, but they kept losing aggro for me which was very frustrating. I will have to try again with Ferocity pets and see. Thanks for the tips/explanation. Shows how out of the loop I am about pet families. Been maining BM since Vanilla but stopped playing BM in Legion in favour of shaman and only came back to BM very recently. Some things do change it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Nope, only pet aoe skills are froststorm breath from chimeras(which does terrible damage) burrow from worms(again awful damage) and corehounds molten hide - which can hit multiple enemies but isnt a true aoe.

Aside from that pets have identical damage, clefthoof has bonus armor and healing, plus leech of ferocity, which makes it ideal for tanking it pretty much any situation
    Just wish Clefthoofs weren't so damned ugly.

Turn off warmode, hunker down till raids open up so you can tell if the problem is you or the spec.

Just wish Clefthoofs weren't so damned ugly.

The one from that Warlords raid looks awesome imho.

I'm partial to Core Hounds, with their shield, leech and ofc ferocity lust! Too bad the variety is a bit small with core hound looks...

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried any pets from the Scalehide family yet, would have to take a look. I'm still biased on pets looks though and will definitely pick a good looking one over utility.
    Totally understand. Can't claim they're particularly pretty, lol. But I bring one with me for the stuff that's more challenging. Nice to have the option.

Edit: also, I pretty much exclusively use ferocity pets. At least for solo stuff. The leech bonus is just that powerful, imo.
    Last edited by Incarnia; 2020-12-04 at 05:59 PM.

Hilarious m8
    How about you stop trying to bait people and actually respond to the questions?

What wq are you struggling with
    What is your gear
    What covenant
    Etc etc

And stop derailing questions. And answer them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Love how OP gets X amount of feedback from players not having his struggles, yet he maintains that BM is weak "for a fact".

I've had exactly zero issues in world content, dungeons and Torghast as a BM and MM.
    Hunters in my guild have zero issues as well. Same in the hunter discord. I guess they all play better?

My only complaint as a bm hunter is were your pet dies in 3 seconds in battlegrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Urm. im playing bm for the first time in wow this expansion and i have no issues what so ever doing world quests. I even do elite quests solo. Thats with a 155 weapon mind you !
    Only small gripe i had is the fix for wild spirits. where they fixed a bug that made us do a bit too much dmg with 2 skills. But even with that bug, we were competetive with mm, unholy etc in aoe, without it, we are far behind, and they did nothing to those specs. But yolo