Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Helm of Domination - Name a old school death knight that wasn't touched by the helm down to their very soul, if that was all it took then Mograine wouldn't have needed us to leave.
    Well yes, but isn't the player character physically carrying the helm at the waystone? That's way more than the "touched by the helmet" mumbo jumbo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt on Arthas having anything to do with it, all his stuff was Maw and Maldraxxus power related and wouldn't make sense as an "attunement" to First One artifacts considering the characters who are an embodiment of that stuff cannot interact with them.

It could be the HoA or when the player channeled the beam of Azerite Energy into Nzoth as they did say the player's connection to Azeroth is what made them a Maw Walker so maybe we're still supercharged with Titan energy enough to fiddle with things within Alien Realms where others cannot. Could also just be because we're the "chosen one foreseen since ages past" or something equally poor at this point.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilvain View Post
    I know everyone else is onboard with the Heart of Azeroth theory but it just doesn't add up for me, especially since the Heart is completely disconnected from its source when you're in the Shadowlands. Granted, it IS a(n alleged) piece of Azeroth itself, but isn't Azeroth just one of many worlds that feed into the Shadowlands?

I really feel like Arthas (and his role in history) is going to have a much larger role to play in all of this, despite Blizzard effectively trying to downplay that notion.

I appreciate all the feedback, though. I realize the Arthas/Frostmourne theory is inherently complicated, if not flawed, with the addition of Allied Races and such (a factor I had honestly overlooked).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure that the Winter Queen was referring to Elune as her sister, not Azeroth, if that's what you're referencing here. Azeroth is a Titan, and an unhatched one at that.

not only is your arthas theory complete bullcrap but now come up with another .... Winter Queens Sister is if anything Eonar not Elune ..you shouldn't discuss lore if you can even connect the dots

Because.

/10
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well yes, but isn't the player character physically carrying the helm at the waystone? That's way more than the "touched by the helmet" mumbo jumbo.
    Only the first time, we leave it in Oribos after summoning Bolvar and his crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    The connection is something that will be revealed as the story progresses.

Maybe it could be because we used the ritual to power the portal and enter by our own free will? The moment we chose to walk the maw we became the maw walkers xD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Only the first time, we leave it in Oribos after summoning Bolvar and his crew.
    After that the connection is reinforced from oribos' side I think. We only need to activate it once, then the oribos people took care of the connection (like they do with the connections to the other realms).

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Shouldnt have quoted you, my bad. People mention that it works because of HoA, so does that mean that HoA isnt depowered lorewise and it just rots in your bank?
    Lorewise it's dormant because you're to far away from its power source. It still works when you are on Azeroth, both lore and gameplay-wise. But no big fanfare or anything, it just stops working when you enter the Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    After that the connection is reinforced from oribos' side I think. We only need to activate it once, then the oribos people took care of the connection (like they do with the connections to the other realms).
    There is no Oribos side. You just appear on a platform there, much to their surprise. They don't really do anything about it afterwards, either, likely because there isn't anything to do anything about.

3+ Year Old Account
    So there I was...in the Silithus desert...hundreds of miles from civilization...
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    not only is your arthas theory complete bullcrap but now come up with another .... Winter Queens Sister is if anything Eonar not Elune ..you shouldn't discuss lore if you can even connect the dots
    TOPKEK did you even play Legion? It's not Eonar, the Titans' story is over. The Titans are NOT related to the First Ones and it's laughable that you think so.

TOPKEK did you even play Legion? It's not Eonar, the Titans' story is over. The Titans are NOT related to the First Ones and it's laughable that you think so.
    The First Ones are godlike beings[1] who shaped the cosmos.[2] Very little is known about them, but they are connected to other pantheons like the titan Pantheon and the Eternal Ones.[1]
    https://web.archive.org/web/20200709...ser-elune-sylv
    ''Well, the story of the First Ones is one of those things that's going to be unfolding over the course of the Shadowlands expansion, but if you walk around in Oribos, like you said, you see Brokers making some references, and some of the attendants there talk about them. You could think of them as being godlike figures that people know very little about, but they've had references to them, but you will find out more and more about them as we go further into the expansion.

So I don't want to spoil too much right now, but I will say that they are tied into the other Pantheons we have seen before like the Titans, and going through the Shadowlands, you will meet the Pantheon of Death, which are the leaders of these Covenants: The Winter Queen, The Archon, those kinds of figures, and they certainly have knowledge on the First Ones, but what they have to share… we’ll just have to wait and see.''
    Lol what? If Eonar is imprisoned with the other Titans, does she stop being the Winter Queen's sister?
    Last edited by darkoms; 2020-12-04 at 03:40 PM.

We need to learn about the First Ones before that can be answered.

Prediction: Azeorth is special. We are Special.

It's even more laughable to think that Elune, the closest things we have to a deity in WoW, is a sister to a random nobody like the Winter Queen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    We need to learn about the First Ones before that can be answered.

Prediction: Azeorth is special. We are Special.
    Azeroth is a Titan. One that has a potential to become the strongest/mightiest one, when awaken. That's why the Void and Sargeras are after it. That's nothing new.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    It's even more laughable to think that Elune, the closest things we have to a deity in WoW, is a sister to a random nobody like the Winter Queen.

- - - Updated - - -

Azeroth is a Titan. One that has a potential to become the strongest/mightiest one, when awaken. That's why the Void and Sargeras are after it. That's nothing new.
    Winter Queen is not a nobody. WTH?

His sister is most likely in the Garden of Life. Her opposite my guess is they are twins created by the First ones.

I think Elune is a first one or something close. She too powerful not to be. Also, she may no intervene often because it would anger the other first ones.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2020-12-04 at 04:25 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.......all of that is true but that relates to the First Ones how? I'm predicting Azeroth will be made by the First Ones to be stringer for a yet unknown purpose.

Also bets that the Winter Queens sister is the Summer Queen in the Lifelands. Summer and Winter Courts are fey thing after all.

Also lol the Winter Queen is a no one and not literally in charge of resurrecting all Wilds Gods from every planet in creation.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-12-04 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be the heart of azeroth but clearly the PC is a special individual. Pretty sure we're some chosen one predetermined by the "first ones" or whatever forever ago

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes.......all of that is true but that relates to the First Ones how? I'm predicting Azeroth will be made by the First Ones to be stringer for a yet unknown purpose.

Also bets that the Winter Queens sister is the Summer Queen in the Lifelands. Summer and Winter Courts are fey thing after all.

Also lol the Winter Queen is a no one and not literally in charge of resurrecting all Wilds Gods from every planet in creation.
    Just to add a little to yours, a mob in Maldraxxus called it the Garden of life. It also mentioned that they are meddlers and have appeared in the past in Maldraxxus.

Compared to Elune she absolutely is a nobody. She has he own little zone, that we don't even know if she can leave. Compare that to everything we know about Elune.

And if she is indeed Elune's sister, that means the whole "Pantheon of Death" are related to her, because the Winter Queen addresses one of the other ones (can't remember if it was the Primus or Sire D.) as her brother. And they are on a Titan Keeper level, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Just to add a little to yours, a mob in Maldraxxus called it the Garden of life. It also mentioned that they are meddlers and have appeared in the past in Maldraxxus.
    Oooh thanks I hadn't come across that. Names a little disappointing but good we have a name now.

- - - Updated - - -

Compared to Elune she absolutely is a nobody. She has he own little zone, that we don't even know if she can leave. Compare that to everything we know about Elune.

And if she is indeed Elune's sister, that means the whole "Pantheon of Death" are related to her, because the Winter Queen addresses one of the other ones (can't remember if it was the Primus or Sire D.) as her brother. And they are on a Titan Keeper level, at best.
    Eonar shaped a few worlds the Winter Queen is literally incharge of ensuring the gods of life are active on every planet. Winter Queen is more important. Regardless of direct power levels, in which case we have never fought one of the Pantheon of Death so we have no idea.

We don't know if she's using brother and sister figuratively or literally yet. Maybe all Panthoens were directly created by the First Ones so are all siblings

Eonar shaped a few worlds the Winter Queen is literally incharge of ensuring the gods of life are active on every planet. Winter Queen is more important. Regardless of direct power levels, in which case we have never fought one of the Pantheon of Death so we have no idea.
    But we are about to fight one, and defeat him, in the first raid. And another member of the "Pantheon of Death" needed help from 5 "mortals" in the Spires of Ascension, or else she'd be in a real trouble.