Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    You see, point being that you cant discuss anything in here since it was over by post number 5, and the only content now is insults which you fling at anyone that doesnt share your viewpoint of classic = bis.
    How do you manage to morph
    "whine about existence of Classic thread in the Classic forum = stupid"
    into
    "doesn't believe Classic is bis = stupid" ?

Kinda proves said stupidity right here, yeah. And you just keep digging.
    Also, funny to see someone coming to shitpost and then complaining about people acting without civility

As you said in the previous post : irony seems lost on you, pal. Just cut your losses, shut up and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    and here one of the most toxic debates in the game's history is laid to rest, there's nothing hard about classic

now let's see how many days and how many hundreds of pulls MYTHIC Denathrius is going to last
    Pretty sure the Undying or 4H achievement would be right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Blizzard completely ruined Classic by allowing WB in instances, trivializing a content that really didn't need it.
    Yep, maybe they'll do something about that when/if they do a reboot of Classic (alongside the TBC release).

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Pretty sure the Undying or 4H achievement would be right up there.
    pretty sure some people never learn... how many time must old content be crushed before you accept the reality in front of you? it's not hard, people are pissing all over it

classic content is getting DESTROYED the moment the doors open and always someone says ' ok that doesn't count because -insert X excuse- wait till the next one and you'll see', well no i won't see, it's piss poor easy and that's all

the said that when ragnaros was killed by 58 lvl in greens - you need fire resist gear my ass..., 'BWL is not going to fall so easy!', yeah right, BWL gets farmed day 1, 'oh wait to see, 4H, nothing like you retail noobs have ever seen!' - Nax doesn't last for 2 hrs...

Tha's all folks, nothing more to see

pretty sure some people never learn... how many time must old content be crushed before you accept the reality in front of you? it's not hard, people are pissing all over it

classic content is getting DESTROYED the moment the doors open and always someone says ' ok that doesn't count because -insert X excuse- wait till the next one and you'll see', well no i won't see, it's piss poor easy and that's all

the said that when ragnaros was killed by 58 lvl in greens - you need fire resist gear my ass..., 'BWL is not going to fall so easy!', yeah right, BWL gets farmed day 1, 'oh wait to see, 4H, nothing like you retail noobs have ever seen!' - Nax doesn't last for 2 hrs...

At least classic is fun which couldn't be said about retail. And Naxx will be a challenge for many guilds, just not a pushover. Also, vanilla is not all about endgame like retail but leveling to 60 asweel. And in addition to that, you don't just sit and wait for ques to pop while in classic you actually have to go out to the world to do stuff. And FUN is all that matters and Classic and soon TBC are actually fun while the same cant be said about retail. Not to mention all the butchered lore after WotLK. For me WoW died after WotLK.

what's fun for anyone is their buisiness you just can't say X is fun and Y is not fun

and so far people were never saying 'ok it's easy but at least it's fun' that's a spectacular fallback from the original line which was that retail is not fun because it's too easy compared to vanila, which is a laughable statement and objectively false as there's nothing hard about classic and that's all i'm saying, i have no interest in dictating to others what should they find fun and what they should not

If you are thinking to yourself "hey, i have seen this thread before?" you have. To see where it is going, just dig up the MC one, or the BWL one, or the AQ one - they all start and end exactly the same. People saying "the next raid will be hard" only to jump in that thread a few months later and say "no one EVER said it was hard, but [next raid] will sort the men from the boys!"

As anticipated by most of us, now that naxx has been well and truly crushed, the talk is moving to "TBC will be much harder".

Sounds like you didn't understand my comment. That or you responded to the wrong person. You claiming there can't be any difficulty in Classic is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If you are thinking to yourself "hey, i have seen this thread before?" you have. To see where it is going, just dig up the MC one, or the BWL one, or the AQ one - they all start and end exactly the same. People saying "the next raid will be hard" only to jump in that thread a few months later and say "no one EVER said it was hard, but [next raid] will sort the men from the boys!"

As anticipated by most of us, now that naxx has been well and truly crushed, the talk is moving to "TBC will be much harder".
    Vast majority have been saying past year that naxx40 will be down in one night for hardcore guilds, about 80 kills last time I checked today I actually expected to be more guilds. Naxx40 is probably one of the hardest raid ever, it was tuned for players at that time, with a lot less knowledge, average 10 fps during raids if you watch old vanilla clips healer pov you often see them watching the ground to have higher fps, tools werent as sophisticated, many were not on ventrilo or teamspeak, many didn't have gold to have constant supply of flasks and potions, WB wasn't used nearly as much as now, class stacking, gear optimization and finally those who downed KT have done it many times before on private servers.

In TBC M'uru will most likely not be the guild breaker with today players or Arthas 25m heroic my guess first expansion to have somewhat problem with bosses even with vast knowledge will be in Cataclysm or MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Onslaught had full worldbuffs on Patchwerk, liar liar pants on fire.
    Sorry you are right, I meant SALAD BAKERS. They had 3:10 left on enrage and wiped on trash if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Vast majority have been saying past year that naxx40 will be down in one night for hardcore guilds, about 80 kills last time I checked today I actually expected to be more guilds. Naxx40 is probably one of the hardest raid ever, it was tuned for players at that time, with a lot less knowledge, average 10 fps during raids if you watch old vanilla clips healer pov you often see them watching the ground to have higher fps, tools werent as sophisticated, many were not on ventrilo or teamspeak, many didn't have gold to have constant supply of flasks and potions, WB wasn't used nearly as much as now, class stacking, gear optimization and finally those who downed KT have done it many times before on private servers.

In TBC M'uru will most likely not be the guild breaker with today players or Arthas 25m heroic my guess first expansion to have somewhat problem with bosses even with vast knowledge will be in Cataclysm or MoP.
    What a very long winded way of saying "no raids in vanilla were EVER hard, people just got lost in nostalgia and believed the hype of washed up raiders who cant hack it in retail"

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Sounds like you didn't understand my comment. That or you responded to the wrong person. You claiming there can't be any difficulty in Classic is laughable.
    you are right there are, i hear people are doing various naked challenges lately

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post

Off topic here, but I seriously doubt we will see classic cata or mop but that’s just my opinion. I don’t personally believe there will be enough interest.

Yeah I think Wotlk will be the last Classic expansion rerelease.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    >"Wait for Naxx, the REAL challenging raid"

>Raid cleared in 85 minutes

>"Nobody expected this to be challenging!"
    Yup, the people from the old threads that whined for 'Meh Vanilla' to come back claiming it was super hard and only for the elites got their game and vanished from the threads. Now we'll get to see how long Classic lasts because the content is now over. They got the whole experience now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lortsy12 View Post
    At least classic is fun which couldn't be said about retail.
    At least retail is fun which couldn't be said about classic.

See what I did there? The difference is retail has new content to play, classic has had it all released now. Have fun with that for X more years. The amount of crying to have TBC arrive will get louder every day by the same people crowing for classic years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lortsy12 View Post
    And FUN is all that matters and Classic and soon TBC are actually fun while the same cant be said about retail.
    Oops that didn't take long now did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

The major difference is that many of the diehard "classic is harder than retail" people vanished some time ago and stopped posting as content got blasted to the moon the moment it opened.

It litterally hurts to see how fast progress cleared that. JESUS some of the pulls, and no deaths. Back when I did a few of the bosses (guild never got to far, IIRC 5 bosses down) strategies were needed. Also the hole...tanks needs like tier3 set bonus to tank 4-horsemen or w/e...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    At least retail is fun which couldn't be said about classic.

See what I did there? The difference is retail has new content to play, classic has had it all released now. Have fun with that for X more years. The amount of crying to have TBC arrive will get louder every day by the same people crowing for classic years ago.
    I don't think anyone will cry, they will just unsub and stop playing as they get bored... TBC will be announced with a date and that will be that, nothing really to cry about.

we managed to do 4 bosses, took a crack at patchwork, very melty at one point I was killed by a hateful with 150 overkill, we had some hitbox issues with the MT being a tauren and having a slightly bigger hitbox causing him to get melted by a hateful. we one shot the spider wing, but we lost momentum on patchy, without the hp buffs it seemed a little close so we went for noth and heigan, nearly got heigan think we wiped on 1% a couple times. it was a fun night its nice to have some content that isn't completely faceroll, but I can see this getting very expensive very quickly. burning through consumables like crazy.

We already knew the game was laughably easy so I don't see how this could come as a surprise. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing but if you want challenging hard raids you should do mythic raids in retail. If you don't want to be challenged and just enjoy a easy game you choose Classic or LFR depending on which version of the game you prefer.

Nice to finally get a bit of a challenge. Most guilds no longer just steamroll through the raid in one night but instead only down a couple of bosses here and there. I'm enjoying it.
    Last edited by lortsy12; 2020-12-05 at 01:18 AM.