Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/matt-gaetz-...-covid-1552405

When a political party politicizes the virus and decides that holding superspreader events in secret is the best path forward. No wonder my country has surpassed 275K deaths and has well over 14M cases and counting.
    Let's not pretend there wasn't massive rallies with BLM during this.. while I think it's to late for prevention myself and people at risk should be careful trying to politicize this after the riots is a case of throwing stones in a glass house.
    Last edited by Krakan; 2020-12-04 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Let's not pretend there wasn't massive rallies with BLM during this.
    I'm not. They're just usually not indoor. Secret. In violation of state guidance on indoor gatherings. And aren't packed with people who make it a political point to downplay the virus.

Bit different there.

while I think it's to late for prove toon myself and people at risk should be careful trying to politicize this after the riots is a case of throwing stones in a glass house.
    No, because it's a completely different issue. This isn't a protest against injustice and for peoples rights. This is a purely social gathering of a purely political nature.

I'm not. They're just usually not indoor. Secret. In violation of state guidance on indoor gatherings. And aren't packed with people who make it a political point to downplay the virus.

Bit different there.

No, because it's a completely different issue. This isn't a protest against injustice and for peoples rights. This is a purely social gathering of a purely political nature.
    Does it matter?

At the end of the day the outcome is the same. It just strikes me as a weird thing to try and polorize politically. The average person on both sides of the political scale doesn't seem to care at least around here.

At the end of the day the outcome is the same.
    Except that political indoor events from the same party have resulted in multiple superspreader events.

Except there's no analog that we've seen in terms of those results to BLM, and the outdoor protests did not lead to the same kinds of spreads we've seen elsewhere.

It just strikes me as a weird thing to try and polorize politically.
    It's been political since the very start, sadly. Hence why like, a lot of people still refuse to admit that the virus is real. Even as they're in an ICU dying from it.

Except that political indoor events from the same party have resulted in multiple superspreader events.

Except there's no analog that we've seen in terms of those results to BLM, and the outdoor protests did not lead to the same kinds of spreads we've seen elsewhere.

It's been political since the very start, sadly. Hence why like, a lot of people still refuse to admit that the virus is real. Even as they're in an ICU dying from it.
    I don't actually believe that happens. I heard about that and the qoute was from "some nurse".

There isn't a chance in hell the riots were not speeder events. I am not convinced there is a country on the plant that reacted appropriately when covid was first discovered in January.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually believe that happens. I heard about that and the qoute was from "some nurse".
    After Fox News tried to downplay it, by claiming other nurses didn’t experience this... many other nurses came forward saying the same. Their hospitals are filled with people who don’t believe the virus is real... it only makes sense that it’s people who don’t take it seriously.

There isn't a chance in hell the riots were not speeder events. I am not convinced there is a country on the plant that reacted appropriately when covid was first discovered in January.
    Well, you can live in reality, or the make belief land that makes you feel better... just don’t tell nurses that it’s not real, as they stick a tube down your throat.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I mean, there have been multiple nurses that have told stories of treating patients who deny the virus's existence or severity. And it's not "some nurse", they have names. Here's Jodi Doering - https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...virus-deniers/

Plus countless stories of people who don't believe the virus exists either dying themselves - https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-from-covid-19

Or people who deny the virus exists losing loved ones - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53892856

And these are sadly not like, one-off stories either. So yeah, you may not believe it happens, but that's the wonderful thing about facts. They don't much care what you believe.
    Sweet, so if you believe your feelings so strongly, post the data! Surely there would have been noticeable spikes in new cases in the cities with protests, no? Surely there have been studies that, if not directly tying those increases to the public protests, provide evidence connecting the two.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-12-04 at 08:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Fairytale land must have cheap real estate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    After Fox News tried to downplay it, by claiming other nurses didn’t experience this... many other nurses came forward saying the same. Their hospitals are filled with people who don’t believe the virus is real... it only makes sense that it’s people who don’t take it seriously.

Well, you can live in reality, or the make belief land that makes you feel better... just don’t tell nurses that it’s not real, as they stick a tube down your throat.
    I mean a person dying of cancer also wont believe it... people don't cope well usually with the end of their lives. I am extremely skeptical these make up a significant number.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean a person dying of cancer also wont believe it... people don't cope well usually with the end of their lives. I am extremely skeptical these make up a significant number.
    'Kay. You're always skeptical and express disbelief in anything that challenges your worldview, and now as with then the fact your opinions continue to lack anything resembling evidence means they still continue to be less than worthless.

You're welcome to demonstrate otherwise by backing up that little "people deny cancer" bullshit with some evidence that there has even been a major push to try an paint cancer as a hoax or non-issue, or worse trying to politicize prevention and treatment, but as I can already tell you that hasn't happened the presentation of evidence supporting your views will also continue to be conspicuously absent.

More than that: cancer is not a contagious illness and not taking preventative measures on your own part generally doesn't put other people at risk, which is why even if cancer denialism were a thing it still would not be as emergent an issue as a virulent respiratory epidemic. Shitty analogues and specious comparisons aren't substitutes for evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on your feelings trumping everything seem? You think it’s people staying home and wearing masks getting sick or the ones on parlor still saying it’s fake?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Based on your feelings trumping everything seem? You think it’s people staying home and wearing masks getting sick or the ones on parlor still saying it’s fake?
    I imagine it's both. It's a airborne virus that can survive for three hours and can infect through exposed skin with masks not rated nearly highly enough to be effective.

It's going to be the new yearly flu at some point people are going to have to accept that.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let's not pretend there wasn't massive rallies with BLM during this.. while I think it's to late for prevention myself and people at risk should be careful trying to politicize this after the riots is a case of throwing stones in a glass house.
    Dude, health experts assured us, if you are a BLM protestor or living in CHAZ/CHOP you are immune to COVID. Experts bro, they said it was fine, ignore your own eyes and common sense, just have unending faith in experts. Just because it doesn't make any sense and is blatantly partisan, ignore that bro, Experts said, experts = good people.

Also don't see your friends, family or anything! Just cower in your apartment and don't ask questions about why health officials and politicians don't follow the guidelines, they are experts who have expertise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

LOL both sides!!!

Last time i checked those riots were outside, and almost all of them had mask on.....maybe for other reasons then virus related.

The other side however had parties at the WH, parties across the country, rallies with no mask mandate, huge events like biker week without mask, etc etc.

Yup both sides!!

Lets be realistic on which side caused the vast, and i mean vast majority of the problem here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Dude, health experts assured us, if you are a BLM protestor or living in CHAZ/CHOP you are immune to COVID. Experts bro, they said it was fine, ignore your own eyes and common sense, just have unending faith in experts. Just because it doesn't make any sense and is blatantly partisan, ignore that bro, Experts said, experts = good people.

Also don't see your friends, family or anything! Just cower in your apartment and don't ask questions about why health officials and politicians don't follow the guidelines, they are experts who have expertise.
    Yaaaaaaaawn, you got links to these "experts".

So if those politicians did not follow the guidelines on NOT jumping off a bridge, are you going to now go jump off a bridge?

Shit i mean i explained this to my 5 year old about not doing something just because other people were doing it, and it didn't make it right. Do we need to sit down and go over this at your advance age?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    *Facedesk*

So they want to open up a shops, but to enter those you gona do a quick virus test (wich cost a lot of money mind you), every time you want to enter a store.
    Security wont let you in without it.

This goes for any shop that doesnt sell just food or items that you need for living.

8,76 euro per test

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    *Facedesk*

So they want to open up a shops, but to enter those you gona do a quick virus test (wich cost a lot of money mind you), every time you want to enter a store.
    Security wont let you in without it.

This goes for any shop that doesnt sell just food or items that you need for living.

8,76 euro per test
    I can get behind this if it cost more. I also am management in retail (NONESSENTIAL) and see people wandering around with no mask on because "Freedum". So yeah, want to endanger my crew, get tested at the door, on your dime. Credit card preferred, but cash is acceptable and payable right the fuck now. Insurance may reimburse you, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I can get behind this if it cost more. I also am management in retail (NONESSENTIAL) and see people wandering around with no mask on because "Freedum". So yeah, want to endanger my crew, get tested at the door, on your dime. Credit card preferred, but cash is acceptable and payable right the fuck now. Insurance may reimburse you, good luck.
    Why should people at almost non existence risk levels pay anything?

If your under 40 and have no preexisting conditions odds are you won't even notice it if you caught it.

Sure it sucks for those later in life or are unhealthy through no fault of their own but that hardly seems a good enough reason to inconvenience everyone.

I imagine it's both. It's a airborne virus that can survive for three hours and can infect through exposed skin with masks not rated nearly highly enough to be effective.
    Covid isn't really airborne (it can happen in rare cases - but nothing indicates it is a major factor in the spread), and it doesn't infect through the skin - regardless of exposed or not.

But you are correct that many masks are either not rated for viruses or not rated high enough for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    More than that: cancer is not a contagious illness and not taking preventative measures on your own part generally doesn't put other people at risk, which is why even if cancer denialism were a thing it still would not be as emergent an issue as a virulent respiratory epidemic.
    I understand your message and agree with it, but:

Cancers can in fact be contagious - so far only directly in very special cases in humans for transplants; but more commonly in dogs and Tasmanian devils. However, several human cancers are caused/made more likely by contagious viruses such as HPV, and failing to take vaccines for such diseases will increase the spread of the cancer.

Why should people at almost non existence risk levels pay anything?

If your under 40 and have no preexisting conditions odds are you won't even notice it if you caught it.

Sure it sucks for those later in life or are unhealthy through no fault of their own but that hardly seems a good enough reason to inconvenience everyone.
    Except that is not even remotely true. Yes, older people have a lot higher chance of dying, but people under 40 can still die.

Not dying does not equal no risk though. It can do a serious mess of lungs, brains and other internal body organs that will be with you for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Except that is not even remotely true. Yes, older people have a lot higher chance of dying, but people under 40 can still die.

Not dying does not equal no risk though. It can do a serious mess of lungs, brains and other internal body organs that will be with you for a long time.
    I mean saying they can die boarders on being disingenuous. You can die from a cold to at roughly the same numbers if your healthy. Yeah it sucks for those with compromised immune systems or other commodities but we are shutting down society when the majority of the population isnt at any great risk and we honestly cant properly minimize the risk to start with we can only offer distance and placebos.