Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Winter Queen could be Eonar's sister, due the fact that she calls Ysera "her sister's pet".

If Eonar is the Winter Queen's sister... Shadowlands its more than something The Titans kwen to exist.. it's part of the family!
    Possibly, although I think Elune is still a better fit for the Winter Queen's sister.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    dont try it man.
    he/she will never accept anything but beloved alleria and the void being the single most important and powerful thing in the warcraft cosmos.
    facts that contradict that, like sargeras only being scared bc of a void titan (a TITAN) or titans being immune to the void lords corruption, are ignored in favour of that.
    its almost as cringy as danuser is with sylvanas, i know, but thats just how it is. pointless to argue about that with said person
    Yea its cringe dont try it.. its vs a know it all(self insert)

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Retcons so blatant they utterly destroy what came before, out of the writers' complete disrepect for their predecessors.
    Whenever they retcon the past lore to make the new lore fit, it really does aggravate me. Like now if you go back to those older events, they dont make any sense anymore.

But MMO's are designed in a way to "rape" established lore, but this MMO has gone on for so long that it's doing that to the lore established in the MMO itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Remind me, who would create said Void Titan?
    An Old God is needed to do that first, but as the dreadlords have already described, the Void is so preoccupied in multiple truths and -basically- conspiracy theories that they do not really have any structure. Powerful, but almost entirely random and uncoordinated at the highest levels.

Sargeras was definitely insane. Someone who loses hope and resolves to destroy everything is insane.
    Old Canon he was driven mad by the Demons, new lore... THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE MUST BE PURGED... Aman'thul?

He's not insane(blah blah insanity is doing something over and over expecting different results), he decided the only way to save the universe was to eliminate any methods the Void Lords could could use to enter the universe and thus all life must be purged. Once that is done, he wants to remake the universe so that the void lords can never enter it.

It's possible that he had an ally in Zovaal and together would remake the Physical universe and the Shadowlands together, as we dont really see the Legion going after the Shadowlands and something Legion related broke the machine of death(either Argus' death or Sargeras sword)

also back to him going evil, I dont think that really happened until the Titans disagreed with him and told him of Azeroth, most powerful titan who's infested with Old Gods. Their sheer stupidity broke him if anything xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Possibly, although I think Elune is still a better fit for the Winter Queen's sister.
    Sadly, it makes sense. I wish she was her own thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Now that Sargeras is gone they will start making power moves. For starters, Xal'atath is out there, and something tells me she's up to no good.
    "Started making trouble in the neighborhood"
    Sorry... Couldn't resist.

On Topic: And that makes sense lore wise!
    And I'm looking forward to what it may become.

But seeing as she needed a powerful being out of the way to be able to make said power move, shows she was inferior to begin with... lore wise.

Ingame-wise It's prolly gonna be a bitch of a raidboss anyway...

Now that Sargeras is gone they will start making power moves. For starters, Xal'atath is out there, and something tells me she's up to no good.
    xal'atath was AT BEST an incredibly weak old god (even weaker and smaller than n'zoth) who got consumed by the others along the way. and now she doesnt even have a real body anymore, merely a void elf avatar.
    shes not even close to a full old god level threat, and we just whooped n'zoths ass. why should anybody be concerned about xal
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalatoby View Post
    "Started making trouble in the neighborhood"
    Sorry... Couldn't resist.

On Topic: And that makes sense lore wise!
    And I'm looking forward to what it may become.

But seeing as she needed a powerful being out of the way to be able to make said power move, shows she was inferior to begin with... lore wise.

Ingame-wise It's prolly gonna be a bitch of a raidboss anyway...
    Don't underestimate the danger of a crafty psycho on the loose. Xal'atath might be a weak worm but she's cunning. Gul'dan was also a weak worm and look how much trouble he stirred.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalatoby View Post
    That would be said Void Lords.

But since they haven't yet, all they've shown for it is faliure.
    As stated earlier in the thread.
    It is funny how we're supposed to think that the Void is this all encroaching, inescapable darkness when all we see is one failure after another. N'zoth's "arc" in BfA was the cherry on top of that huge failures cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It's possible that he had an ally in Zovaal and together would remake the Physical universe and the Shadowlands together, as we dont really see the Legion going after the Shadowlands and something Legion related broke the machine of death(either Argus' death or Sargeras sword)

also back to him going evil, I dont think that really happened until the Titans disagreed with him and told him of Azeroth, most powerful titan who's infested with Old Gods. Their sheer stupidity broke him if anything xD
    I'm quite buying this

As I said in the other topic,
    the Winter Queen was indeed sister of Eonar, but now dead. So Eternal Ones being Dead Titans.

If you think about it, the SL realms are very *ordered* for planes that are part of a plane of Death. The In-Between is more "unordered" if you ask me.
    So Eternal One being former Titans explains well them doing this Order stuff.

Denathrius may be the dead World-Soul of Nathreza, explaining both how he can be the creator of Nathrezim and the Nathrezim having had their own homeworld.

So I agree the lore move by Danuser is seriously insane, but there's still a hope of consistency ... if done properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    how the Titans compare to the Eternal Ones, the pantheon of Death, we don't really know. Some of have claimed the Eternal Ones are slightly more powerful, where others have said their powers are the same or at least closely matched. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but the real answer is we don't quite know yet.
    So far I was disappointed with Eternal powers. They are too weak to be even considered on the level of the Titans. They seem to have Keeper's level of power. May be it's caused by anima draught, but Denathrius does not starve yet he's weak. Doing tricks with swords? It's appropriate for Khadgar or Jaina, not Titan-level being. Sargeras would evaporate any being with single blink.

Jailer does not seem particularly strong either. He does have an excuse of being jailed and some orb ripped apart from his breast.

May be they're Titan-level creatures, but game failed to demonstrate so.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Sadly, it makes sense. I wish she was her own thing.

Well, "sister" might not be literal. It could be taken in a variety of ways really. I thought of Elune too; but that idea also disappointed me. I also want Elune to be her own thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    xal'atath was AT BEST an incredibly weak old god (even weaker and smaller than n'zoth) who got consumed by the others along the way. and now she doesnt even have a real body anymore, merely a void elf avatar.
    shes not even close to a full old god level threat, and we just whooped n'zoths ass. why should anybody be concerned about xal
    N'zoth kicked our asses. Magni and MOTHER saved us.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It is funny how we're supposed to think that the Void is this all encroaching, inescapable darkness when all we see is one failure after another. N'zoth's "arc" in BfA was the cherry on top of that huge failures cake.
    Agreed. So far everything to do with void lords is just lame af. There's no reason to care about them other than what one imagines. They are the biggest fuck ups in the WOW cosmos. I think Hogger led a more successful life at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Agreed. So far everything to do with void lords is just lame af. There's no reason to care about them other than what one imagines. They are the biggest fuck ups in the WOW cosmos. I think Hogger led a more successful life at this point.
    Not really, if you ignore many victories the Void has had but go ahead with your "Lame AF" rant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not really, if you ignore many victories the Void has had but go ahead with your "Lame AF" rant.
    None of which is seen in-game, thus they might as well not exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    So far I was disappointed with Eternal powers. They are too weak to be even considered on the level of the Titans. They seem to have Keeper's level of power. May be it's caused by anima draught, but Denathrius does not starve yet he's weak. Doing tricks with swords? It's appropriate for Khadgar or Jaina, not Titan-level being. Sargeras would evaporate any being with single blink.

Jailer does not seem particularly strong either. He does have an excuse of being jailed and some orb ripped apart from his breast.

May be they're Titan-level creatures, but game failed to demonstrate so.
    Furthermore, the Archon gets beaten by Devos, herself hardly a super powerful being, one who's ass we whoop in a 5 man immediately after. Denathrius does get to be the endboss of a raid and uses a lot of powerful magic so he's clearly a cut above her, but still doesn't showcase Titan level powers. To wit, beating a battered, tortured Titan fetus (Argus) required a raid using immensely powerful Artifacts, backed up by what remained of the Pantheon, and we still got rekt and would have lost if not for Eonar. Denathrius we just come into his castle and punt him for loots.

I think they're Titan level in terms of the authority they wield within their domains, at least in normal circumstances. Not necessarily in terms of ass-kicking prowess. But yeah, either way Blizz failed to demonstrate and their hype about a Death Pantheon was just empty hype.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

With all due respect, the titans seem to be relatively weak, comparatively at least, in the latest canon, being defeated or captured several times. Even the final battle with Argus, they didn't do very much to help defeat him; Aman'thul's Temporal Blast was pretty useless against him. Even the naaru and their Army of the Light seemed to have much greater success fighting the Legion than they did.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    With all due respect, the titans seem to be relatively weak, comparatively at least, in the latest canon, being defeated or captured several times. Even the final battle with Argus, they didn't do very much to help defeat him; Aman'thul's Temporal Blast was pretty useless against him. Even the naaru and their Army of the Light seemed to have much greater success fighting the Legion than they did.
    Do you understand that these were just the avatars of the Titans? ; /