Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean in some ways she is right that there is something wrong with death and just being placed at x place even if it isn't with your loved ones or friends. Sure it coming from Sylvanas is well laughable but she's partially right. The problem is all the corpses of people she's killed and allying with someone who isn't going to just bring the system down, oh no it doesn't end there.
    I would like it to someone pointing out the hipocrisy of society still using cars despite their supposed dedication to combatting global warming, while at the same time working on a doomsday weapon that will suck out all the ozone from the atmosphere in order to evaporate all the oceans.

Sylvanas might have a tiny point in that the afterlives are not perfect, but it is hard to take her seriously at all when the Jailer is so cartoonishly evil.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    I think I take Baine more seriously than the Jailer
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I feel sad for Baine. He's just sitting there in the enclave with the thousand yard stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I see why you feel that way. Devos was just a Paragon. Kyrestia is meant to be an Eternal One, on par with a Titan, essentially.
    Not really. Kyrestia is the first Kyrian, that doesn't mean she's necessarily significantly stronger than the rest, especially since she doesn't look to be terribly combat-focused. Nor is the ranking of Kyrians based on combat prowess, since that isn't a major facet of their culture.
    Denathrius likely deliberately made the Venthyr inferior to himself, doesn't mean all of them did that.

And we never heard anything about them being on par with the Titans, power-wise. What we've seen so far rather contradicts that claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not really. Kyrestia is the first Kyrian, that doesn't mean she's necessarily significantly stronger than the rest, especially since she doesn't look to be terribly combat-focused. Nor is the ranking of Kyrians based on combat prowess, since that isn't a major facet of their culture.
    Denathrius likely deliberately made the Venthyr inferior to himself, doesn't mean all of them did that.

And we never heard anything about them being on par with the Titans, power-wise. What we've seen so far rather contradicts that claim.
    They might be saying they are the pantheon for death hence the connection. That said we haven't seen Kyrestia do much...yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No, Kyrestia is meant to be an Eternal One. As the Winter Queen, Denathrius and the Primus are. Those are said by Blizzard to be part of the Pantheon of Death and as powerful as Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah pretty much. I like how much hp she has. It looks enormous compared to other npc's. Makes me wonder if we'll ever reach the M prefix again. Last time we had it was Garrosh in SoO iirc?
    Ah, I remember Garrosh. Reset HP so much because the system couldn't handle all the numbers otherwise.

Speaking of First Ones, I found it interesting that they all seem to have roughly the same skin tone too.

The Jailer, Denathrius, the Winter Queen, Kyrestia. They're all basically blue tinted. (Kyrestia admittedly the most vivid of them)

May just be a small detail but I found it interesting. Dunno about Primus obviously, though I'll have to go take a gander at the Runecarver again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Speaking of First Ones, I found it interesting that they all seem to have roughly the same skin tone too.

The Jailer, Denathrius, the Winter Queen, Kyrestia. They're all basically blue tinted. (Kyrestia admittedly the most vivid of them)

May just be a small detail but I found it interesting. Dunno about Primus obviously, though I'll have to go take a gander at the Runecarver again at some point.

Here's a pic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Funny how times can change in just few years. One of major complains during Legion was timegated story (irrelevant for player power), it was visible especially during 7.2. Now whole game is heavily timegated and I see people even praising it.

But it shows us that even if current system works well right now, it won't last forever. Late SL people will already forget about BfA/Legion grind and start complaining they have not enough to do. If Blizzard ignores it, community will REALLY hate repeat of SL in 10.0, Blizzard will have to heavily react again and we will in few years end up with grindfest again (loved by majority at the start).

Imo to avoid it devs should really monitor how mood change and slowly introduce little bit more (or less) grind every patch.

Covenant leaders being on Titan level is dumb as fuck, I hate it. It makes sence to be that way:
    Life - Unknown - Wild gods - Druids and general life power users
    Death - The Jailer - Covenant leaders - Covenant members, death magic users
    Order - Titans - Titan Keepers - Arcane power users/Titan keepers helpers
    Disorder - Unknown (Sargeras was a Fallen Titan, we don't know who is an original MEGA DEMON guy) - Unknown/KJ+Archi - Fel magic users and lesser demons
    Light - Unknown (Elune maybe?) - Naaru - Holy magic users
    Void - Void Lords - Old gods - Void magic users and lesser void creatures

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    Covenant leaders being on Titan level is dumb as fuck, I hate it. It makes sence to be that way:
    Life - Unknown - Wild gods - Druids and general life power users
    Death - The Jailer - Covenant leaders - Covenant members, death magic users
    Order - Titans - Titan Keepers - Arcane power users/Titan keepers helpers
    Disorder - Unknown (Sargeras was a Fallen Titan, we don't know who is an original MEGA DEMON guy) - Unknown/KJ+Archi - Fel magic users and lesser demons
    Light - Unknown (Elune maybe?) - Naaru - Holy magic users
    Void - Void Lords - Old gods - Void magic users and lesser void creatures
    Would it make sense to you if a group of Titan Keepers managed to capture and jail a Titan?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

3+ Year Old Account

Here's a pic.
    His skin looks to be a gray brown, not really that blue
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean in some ways she is right that there is something wrong with death and just being placed at x place even if it isn't with your loved ones or friends. Sure it coming from Sylvanas is well laughable but she's partially right. The problem is all the corpses of people she's killed and allying with someone who isn't going to just bring the system down, oh no it doesn't end there.
    Or maybe she rejects the judgement, because she knows she would pay for all she did? Self serving is all I keep seeing.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

No, Kyrestia is meant to be an Eternal One. As the Winter Queen, Denathrius and the Primus are. Those are said by Blizzard to be part of the Pantheon of Death and as powerful as Titans.
    Care to point to the part that says "as powerful as Titans"? AFAIR, Blizzard also only called them "a pantheon", not the Pantheon, which is specificially the Titan council we helped in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    His skin looks to be a gray brown, not really that blue
    The whole thing started with somebody confusing First Ones and Eternal Ones anyway.

I think Runecarver is mostly the bluish lighting in that room. Denathrius is more brown-gray than blue as well.

Well, good news then. Blizzard never said that. Though Zovaal is explicitly on their(Covenant Leader's) level, being one of them originally.

The Eternal Ones seem to be fairly weak though - or it's just the bad writing (again) when normal enemy forces can take down or hurt an Eternal One. It seems a bit silly to me that these Titan-like beings are either not using their powers or are not as powerful as we think they might be.

Zovaal is one of them, but why is he so much more powerful?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Presumably they are all powered by Anima, as shown by the Winter Queen losing a leaf from her head when infusing Ysera with Anima, so they are all starving and emaciated at this point while Zovaal is gorged on souls.

Their not using their power because they have (almost) nothing left.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Man, I just did the new Kyrian chapter where you have to go and and kill Devos. And she seems, pretty stupid? In the afterlives short she tells Uther to cast Arthas into the Maw and return him to the Darkness he served. And then she goes and joins that same darkness because the Jailer told her he got treated unfairly, so I guess she forgot all the bad shit he caused.

And I thought Kyrestia was cool but if it wasn't for us she would've died there. Lame.

I loved the Redridge scenario though, that was cool.
    Yeah the whole thing isn't exactly logial. Even worse is her replacement later though.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Would it make sense to you if a group of Titan Keepers managed to capture and jail a Titan?
    Fair point
    We will see how it goes from Blizzard. But for now, it is personal head canon time!

Six cosmic power are in a constant tug of war for dominance over the cosmos.
    Titans are the strongest beings of the Order Cosmic Power. They want everything to be the way they like. In an order!
    During Blizzcon it was said, that right now Shadowlands are broken and don't function properly.
    What if the state when Arbiter was functional is not correct one either?
    Eons a go Titans invaded Shadowlands to make everything the way the like.
    With their help, original master of Death - The Jailer - was imprisoned by Covenant leaders (I guess he was a pretty shitty boss and treated them badly).
    Part of his power was taken away (chest hole) and put into machine (The Arbiter) to do his work.
    And since then and until recent time Shadowlands was like this - in a Titans-approved state.

I doubt Titans stopped on that. Opposite cosmic power of Death is Life.
    Where is the Titan-level figure of life? Why Eonar, one of the Titans of Order, Cosmic ARCANE power, wields the powers of life and basically plays the role of a leader of Life cosmic force? It doesn't make sence. Unless Titans intervened again and made another realm the way they want.

Later we learn from the letter to Sire Denathrius, that Dreadlords are Jailers agent and they do everything to get him back to power.
    Titans' love for order is their weakness. Sargeras was manipulated into the war with the Void. That way Order, Disorder and The Void were all made busy and distracted by the agents of Death.
    Void and Light can see the future, this is why it was very important to make the Void to be the bad guy in everybody eyes, while the Light ranks were infiltrated with the Light-dreadlord we saw in the Legion. Life was infiltrated as well, we don't know yet who is the double agent.
    Titans with their interventions everywhere (even Azeroth is full of Titan facilities, factories and laboratories, they are just 1 out of 6 cosmic power, who said they are allowed to do all that?) disturbed the balance of the Cosmos and it should be restored!

Fair point
    We will see how it goes from Blizzard. But for now, it is personal head canon time!
    At least do a sanity check on it, then. There is no reason to assume Zovaal was ever a superior to the other Covenant leaders, the way they talk about him strongly implies he's roughly at the same level as them.

The Titans also don't seem to know much of anything about the Shadowlands, which suggests they've never been there. For your scenario to make any sense, they'd have to have detailed knowledge of the workings.

Eonar doesn't play the role of leader for Life. She wields Life for the Pantheon, that's a vastly different role. We haven't really seen any indication of her taking a leadership role.

At least do a sanity check on it, then. There is no reason to assume Zovaal was ever a superior to the other Covenant leaders, the way they talk about him strongly implies he's roughly at the same level as them.

The Titans also don't seem to know much of anything about the Shadowlands, which suggests they've never been there. For your scenario to make any sense, they'd have to have detailed knowledge of the workings.

Eonar doesn't play the role of leader for Life. She wields Life for the Pantheon, that's a vastly different role. We haven't really seen any indication of her taking a leadership role.
    He must've been a tiny bit stronger if they needed a combined effort of all four to subdue him.