Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Well, that would make you wrong. I suspect that most folks ok with this behavior are also perfectly OK with dropping key groups that don't go exactly as planned.
    Again, there's nothing that states you are forced to complete those activities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    If their intent is griefing other players then that IS their fault.
    Prove intent to grief. Then you are correct. I'm certain that they are not griefing, they are just after a piece of gear.

Move all loot from to the end with a chest (much like M+ in Legion). Also if you leave a dungeon 1st time 15min debuff 2nd and hour and 3rd 24 hours The Debuff prevent you from enter into any random dungeons, entering a dungeon with a pre made group, BG, Arena, PvP, RGD, RArena, raids. Looking you out of every part of the time that requires you to group/work with other players. Oh and the buff doesn't go away when you log and the timer of the debuff only starts counting down when you login in what the character with the debuff.

I can bet you in a few days no one will dare to leave a group more than once per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    This would be a wonderful idea, but I think a message we may be missing between the lines here is that if we don't see some kind of fix even as simple as moving all legendary recipes to the final boss (though, man, would I freak out if we got FFXIV style AI parties) it may be that with such a broad endgame, ALL difficulties of dungeons have been re-cast by Blizzard (whether we agree with this or not) as "PUG at your own risk." They have given us a fully busy, full time occupying casual endgame almost completeley divorced from the interdependency of trinity content, are we perhaps seeing the non-queued characterization of Mythic and up spread down to ALL difficulties? Could it be that dungeons are a wholly optional "ad for guilds" that we are welcome to ignore, run with friends or, ignoring those points... PUG entirely at the player's own risk?

Think about it, how many "PUG killing" mechanics have been added to dungeons since World Quests started telling players "dungeons aren't the default casual activity any more," providing gear and making dungeons just super optional? How divorced from mandatory consumption are they now in Shadowlands? VERY divorced! The threat situation right now also suggests "play with friends, this is optional, why are you PUGing?"

It's a bit of a stretch, but it becomes less so the more I think on it. WoW began with dungeons being an incentive for sociability and grouping. As the internet and the game aged, grouping with "oooh those other people from across the world" became less novel. Could this broad, casual, "one customer at a time" presentation of shadowlands be the opening WoW needs to return dungeons to "not everyone will do a lot of these" content if not everyone has to?

Something to consider.
    I can't really comment on World Quests since I've never done them much since their introduction in Legion--I need a new gaming computer or two since my computer's old AF--but the more options, the better in general.

That aside. Dungeon/Raid Finder proved to a lot of people that in general, most players only see other players as a means to an end. Want to run a dungeon? You need 4 other people. Want to do a raid? Need 9 to 39 other people. The thing about Dungeon Finder that is often left unsaid is yes, 5 to 40 random people can clear a dungeon or raid.

...So, why not take it to the next logical step and give players the option of having AI-Controlled Party Members? Take away folks' excuse of "I can't do this content because I can't find people to play with" completely. Remove social gating completely and put it 100% on players to decide if they want to play with others or not. It's sure to be an interesting social experiment.

Me, I'm the kind of person who plays WoW mostly solo. I've been like this since Cata (started playing toward the end of TBC). I don't have a problem playing with others but after starting WoW Classic earlier this year, I was REALLY missing Dungeon Finder to put it mildly. I want to do the content. Why not give me the ability to do current content by myself? I feel like that's a much bigger and more important idea than folks realize personally.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    Drop rate of legendary/special powers should be 100% in mythic mode only, on the last boss only.

Problem solved.
    If only...

I can't say you aren't unlucky because I've had 'a few' runs without leavers. But you definitely aren't alone. One time 3 separate people dropped during a NW run right after the second boss for no reason. Me and the healer were just left staring at each other wondering what in the hell was going on. I really hope they throw in a hotfix and move the leggo recipes to the final boss because this is pure bullshit for people just trying to get their daily heroic or their weekly dungeon quests done.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    That can take up to 10 minutes for a tank. And often the next tank sees that the boss he is interested in is dead so he stays for the next boss to avoid the deserter debuff and then leaves. And so on.
    This shit is really annoying and really bad design from blizzard.
    This is a disgusting exaggeration. I've never seen a re-que mid dungeon for a tank take longer than 2 minutes in the last two expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are still saying there isn't enough reason to go to the Maw / Torghast, they should have stuck all the recipes there.

yah, it's gotten really bad the past few days. Tonight, I had three straight groups fall apart after the first boss.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And when people start abusing vote-kicking to remove people right before the last boss so they can bring in their buddy?
    Their buddy didn't kill the bosses so the chest won't have anything for them, just like M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    And it serves no purpose and is not right. They are playing the game as they want to.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the cunt for demanding indentured servitude of others.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing a game is not "intrinsically shitty." By using dungeon finder you agree to join a dungeon. There are no other requirements.

Don't force your playstyle on others. You do not and never will have the authority.
    For demanding that people fulfil their obligation to others? You chose to run a dungeon, you're obligated to your groupmates to do your part. Sorry this insults your "freedumbs".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    bannable offense, wow you will be lonely before long if you want a game where such a thing is bannable xD

Incorrect
    You'd be even more lonely if you did things like this in the days before dungeon finder. The internet dickward theory isn't just a clever meme.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is a disgusting exaggeration. I've never seen a re-que mid dungeon for a tank take longer than 2 minutes in the last two expansions.
    Most of the time I would agree. However we had a tank leaving and we never got a tank before we finished without one. It happens, just rarely.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    a little fix

In other words, manipulation of individual system's pieces outside overall design is self-deception work. There is need to understand how everything works together, and not make concessions/changes in small steps. I'd refer to same approach in last "class changes", but it's even slower there.

We have already discussed this more than once, the system is always to blame for everything, it's external element of control and this is very logical that its incorrect organization causes unpleasant consequences (here some stuff and links to other old threads). Player isn't one to blame for doing what can absolutely painlessly for oneself and legally within framework of the system. System doesn't encourage anyone to be "good", but rather indicates that it's only beneficial to be bad.

So... yes, it's not hard to not be, but more convenient is to be
    This is "chance to drop some fragments from any boss of this dungeon to make legendary item you want" (since shoving everything into the last can serve to form desire to "appear only at last") perhaps the most successful of possible crutches in this case, but my attitude to current organization of legendary items is described in sufficient detail here (tl;dr it's $hit)
    The player has free will they can just not click leave. Blizzard didn't out a gun to the head and say "leave bitch." if you leave on your own free will and no everyone has 100% free will or they shouldn't be left alone. Then yes you ARE to blame for basically fucking over 4 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You'd be even more lonely if you did things like this in the days before dungeon finder. The internet dickward theory isn't just a clever meme.
    Also incorrect, your way of thinking what is fair is imposing unfairness on others, I appreciate if someone stays after not getting what they need from a certain boss, but I do not hold it against them for leaving if they do not, clearly the issue is NOT their behaviour which you think it is, thats a symptom only, the cause should be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    People are still saying there isn't enough reason to go to the Maw / Torghast, they should have stuck all the recipes there.
    I think that would have actually been great (from my POV). I like Torghast and would love to chase legendary recipes in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkli83 View Post
    To put the simply: those people are selfish aholes who don't care about others
    who are you? and why should i care about you if im farm a lego recipe? i do 2x the dps for that periode as one of my 3 182-184 ilvl splitalts, be gald that i carryed you so far and be happy to play with a wr 30 player one in your life time
    I.O BFA Season 3

People have been doing this since loot tables were known back in Vanilla. There is no solution. If I get what I need and am pugging, I'll leave if I'm not on a quest to kill or to get something off the last boss.

For demanding that people fulfil their obligation to others? You chose to run a dungeon, you're obligated to your groupmates to do your part. Sorry this insults your "freedumbs".
    There is no obligation to others, that is my point. You don't know why they queued up for the dungeon. It clearly wasn't to complete the dungeon. Saying queueing for a dungeon means you are obligated to complete it is simply wrong. They are obligated to do 'their part' but you don't know what 'their part' is. Maybe it's the first boss. Maybe it's the full dungeon. You aren't their lord and master; you don't know.

There just needs to be bigger more tangible punishments for leavers, especially repeat leavers. Give players a day where they are unable to queue for anything should they leave 3 groups in a day or something.

ITT: my time is more valuable than other people's time

People need to understand that this is one of the great truths of the human condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There is no obligation to others, that is my point. You don't know why they queued up for the dungeon. It clearly wasn't to complete the dungeon. Saying queueing for a dungeon means you are obligated to complete it is simply wrong. They are obligated to do 'their part' but you don't know what 'their part' is. Maybe it's the first boss. Maybe it's the full dungeon. You aren't their lord and master; you don't know.
    exactly this.

you aren't entitled to other people's time. If they wanna stay, they can stay. If they wanna leave and requeue, they can leave and requeue.

why tf would I clear a dungeon for no loot? It's just like the tank queue. They have an incentive. If the anime power and gold at the end are less interesting than another shot at the trinket for someone else, that's there prerogative

Their buddy didn't kill the bosses so the chest won't have anything for them, just like M+..
    Is that how it works? Or are you just assuming it works like M+?

As a tank, I take a list of anyone who leaves during any of my runs and if (it happens frequently) I encounter them again during this expansion I refuse to pull until they get vote kicked.

A perfectly reasonable counter response to their selfishness and I suggest every tank do the same.

If, for example, a rogue doesn’t talk on ToP and keeps trying to pull ASAP... go ahead and kick them