Poll: fast-paced meta? yay or nay

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you enjoy the fast-paced PvP meta right now?

Feels like Wrath of the Lich King all over again...and i LOVE IT !!!

Some nerfs are required..ofcourse...but apart from this "required nerfs", do you enjoy this fast-paced meta?

The fast pace, yes, but the burst that take you down in 2 seconds ? no.

Yeah it's pretty good right now. Sub Rogues are really the only thing that needs to be toned down significantly, everything else feels like it's in a relatively good place at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Sub Rogues are really the only thing that needs to be toned down significantly, everything else feels like it's in a relatively good place at the moment.
    Guessing you haven't had the fortune of running into a MM hunter.

Im just afraid...it will be BFA all over again where no one ever dies...only with dampening I love it so much right now

A video on the topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Worldstarz View Post
    From a competitive standpoint MM is kinda meh. Sure, in BGs they smoke people because they stealth up and one shot with Aimed Shot, but in a competitive environment that isn't going to work, it's way too easy to interrupt. But yeah, they're kind of annoying in BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    From a competitive standpoint MM is kinda meh.
    I actually do believe Thug will come back to a top tier comp in Shadowlands. Haven't been good for awile.
    But we'll see.

I actually do believe Thug will come back to a top tier comp in Shadowlands. Haven't been good for awile.
    But we'll see.
    Thug could be strong because Sub is so broken, if Sub gets nerfed Thug will be mid tier at best. But yeah, as it stands Thug will likely be top tier, Sub has enough control to allow a Hunter to actually get their damage off. I imagine most games will end in under 10 seconds up to around 2.2k, then Thug might start struggling because the players will actually be able to stop the Hunter's opener.

I like it.
    THat said, I kinda do agree with Savix, instead of nerfing "broken" classes, apart from maybe just a BIT, I'd rather see some buffs to other ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to see people actually dying to my buttons, especially healers. Some classes have too much damage for how much other shit they have like spriest and sub rogue. My main problem is that dealing damage is too easy. Still no big difference in dps output between average and great players like there used to be. Every joe and jane is walking around with WMDs in their pocket. Make DPSing harder and balance mobility, it'd be pretty awesome.

No. And I'm saying it as a kyrian sub rogue, who have it pretty good right now in terms of being OP.

PvP is interesting when there is some back and forth, when there is play and then counter play. When people die in one CC, it doesn't work because it means most classes (including mine) only have a chance of fighting back every two minutes (when their trinket is off cd) and are free kills the rest of the time. It's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Feels like Wrath of the Lich King all over again...and i LOVE IT !!!

Some nerfs are required..ofcourse...but apart from this "required nerfs", do you enjoy this fast-paced meta?
    I enjoy healers being killable in 1v1. But obviously, rogue, druid feral and hunter MM need nerf.

I voted "some nerfs needed, but I like it." That being said predicting a rogue swap, switching to bear form, having iron fur up, barkskin, 2 hots and go 100-0 before the initial cheap shot ends is a joke... not even a kidney. And that's at 17% vers 2 pvp trinkets.

Voted "some nerfs needed but I like it"

Sub and MM are wayyyyyyyyyy broken. Like "holy shit how did this go live" broken.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it. I don't like slow gameplay either, but reliably dying in a stun is a not fun.

I'm completely equipped with 171 PvP gear and often a stun alone is enough to take me from 100 to 0, if it's a Sub Rogue or a Feral.

I think rogues will absolutely dominate the arena at the start and we will see Shadowstrike nerfs in week one or two. In 2s double dps comps probably have a good chance now, as later in the season double dps is considered rather non competitive. Rogue + Mage games will last <10 sec, and maybe even double rogue will be a thing for quite some time.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2020-12-05 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    I like it.
    THat said, I kinda do agree with Savix, instead of nerfing "broken" classes, apart from maybe just a BIT, I'd rather see some buffs to other ones.
    The problem is rogue can kill anyone with no trinket in a cheapshot. Buffing other classes won't stop this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    I don't like it.

I'm completely equipped with 171 PvP gear and often a stun alone is enough to take me from 100 to 0, if it's a Sub Rogue or a Feral.

I think rogues will absolutely dominate the arena at the start and we will see Shadowstrike nerfs in week one or two. In 2s double dps comps probably have a good chance now, as later in the season double dps is considered rather non competitive. Rogue + Mage games will last <10 sec, and maybe even double rogue will be a thing for quite some time.
    171 is over 10 ilvl lower than people actively playing the entire game atm, FWIW. Also, Shadowstrike nerf? I assume you actually mean Echoing Reprimand - hopefully the Conduit and/or a change to put the damage into the finisher rather than the initial ability and not just fuck with the spec like they seem to every expansion effectively killing it.

Most classes can do insane damage atm though, not just Rogue. I've been global'd by an Arms Warrior, for example. Feral, MM, and Ret also do absurd damage as has been mentioned in the thread already.

That being said, without this damage healers also need tuning. e.g. If you don't kill a Shaman in the stun (if they trinket), chances are they're just going to heal to full without having to cast anything.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-12-05 at 05:02 PM.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like healers are still invincible and take ages to down, while their mana barely tickles down. Meanwhile DPS is through the roof and shit dies too quickly. Nerf healing imo.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

As a healer, I currently feel very powerless in many situations.
    It's not a fun feeling.

MM is nowhere near as busted as Sub right now.