Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    yes, because being pathetic stooges in a war of genocide is so much better. In that respect, Nightborne and Blood Elves are indeed with their kin among the orcs and the Forsaken and Goblins of the world.
    Living in Elven cities and not being sub-servants to Humans also have their benefits. Nightborne and Blood Elves have real Elven cities. High Elves adore Stormwind because they love Humans, Night Elves love trees and Void Elves...they've got some rocks.

Now go on...run along and prepare your Human overlord family, their meal.

I'd like to have an elf servant.
    Alas children's week is only once a year, and only the horde gets a fair skinned elfservant.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well, it wasn't really reappearing. They had relations with the Moon Guard up in their stronghold. So it's not like when Kael'thas met Malfurion and went "Woah you're a night elf we haven't seen your kind in 7,000 years!" As for their relations, I don't know. I just presumed that Tyrande was being all holier than thou against the nightborne because she saw them as having not learned from the mistakes of the Highborne that brought the Legion down on everyone.

As for the rest of your point, Suramar was a huge city. Saying that a group of people all lived in New York City therefore they should at least know of each other is a bit silly.
    No that's more like saying two politicians of neighboring areas don't know each other which is false. Tyrande and Thalyssra were both fairly notable people.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    No that's more like saying two politicians of neighboring areas don't know each other which is false. Tyrande and Thalyssra were both fairly notable people.
    I have to question whether Tyrande was actually well known among-st the populace.

At the time where she lived in Suramar, she was just a novice Priestess. She wasn't High Priestess. That was Dejahna.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nope, the forsaken were an obbvious pick cus of Sylvanas duh. Lorthe mar literally said it in the quests.

Those 2 races combined dont match with the alliance at all anymore..political wise there is no reason to go to their counterparts who they kinda hate..
    I agree, at that time the forsaken was the logical pick since they had to deal with the aftermath of the Scourge attack. No race was strong enough and was able to send their armies fast enough to silvermoon city. But lets just say that Stormwind did have a strong army and had a way to transfer their troops in 2 days. Would the bloodelves still stick with the forsaken? Definitely not. Remember when sylvanis became the queen, she became a bitch aswell, but Lorthemar needed her support to deal with the scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Oh she's in a covenant only quest line for the furry covenant? Damn. Too bad. It will probably be kind of awkward as a horde player helping Tyrande considering the player character was central in the Darkshore and Teldrassil attack.
    Tyrande wants to mess you up, but Shandris vouches for you as having saved some Night Elf souls and so she leaves you alone for the time being.

Also pretty comical that you can ask Shandris what the Night Warrior is, feigning that you were involved with Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    Tyrande wants to mess you up, but Shandris vouches for you as having saved some Night Elf souls and so she leaves you alone for the time being.

Also pretty comical that you can ask Shandris what the Night Warrior is, feigning that you were involved with Teldrassil.
    lol... The player is the one that sent them there in the first place... OMEGALUL. Darkshore invasion in pre patch, and then darkshore warfront as well. It's like a mom rewarding a kid for breaking all the plates in the kitchen, shitting on the floor and then cleaning it up afterward.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I mean in Warcraft 3 Suramar is ruins with no people around. The tileset is literally called Sunken Ruins
    Not to mention that the Broken Isles, even in their expanded in-game version, are a fairly small archipelago, and the Tomb of Sargeras is within spitting distance of Suramar. If our Maiev gurl was sailing anywhere near the ToS and didn't notice such a huge ass city, well... She ought to see an eye doctor asap
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Not to mention that the Broken Isles, even in their expanded in-game version, are a fairly small archipelago, and the Tomb of Sargeras is within spitting distance of Suramar. If our Maiev gurl was sailing anywhere near the ToS and didn't notice such a huge ass city, well... She ought to see an eye doctor asap
    Suramar city was shrouded away and invisible under a bubble until Legion, which is blizz's reasoning why the city wasn't present in WC3. It's a half ass solution for blizz i know but that is the reason why. The shield didn't come down until Gul'dan decided to have a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Seems there's two different conversations going on here. They are talking racial ethnicity, you are talking political ideology.

I could use the same language to say:
    "the only true Russians left still believe in the Communist ideal and haven't given into the decadence of western capitalist society!"
    "The only true Native American's left reside in the reserves and continue to honor their ancestral traditions!"
    Funny that you'd bring Russian into this, because they have two words for, well Russians. One for ethnic Russians, one for citizens of the Federal Republic (and before them, the USSR and even before that the Tsarist Empire).

And that's precisely my point with High Elves. They have values, ideals and beliefs which makes them better in my eyes than their genocide-prone brethren in the Horde, and those values are of far greater significance that something as measly as ethnicity based on blood.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    You say that as if refusing to be decadent assholes for political reasons didn't made High Elves extremely distinct in vibe from BE. I can't stand BE, I like none of their character nor their zones, which I loath (I've tride since TBC to make one and I've never endured it). And that's because unlike the High Elves who have values and pay the price for it, Blood Elves moans and point fingers everywhere but are themselves responsible for most of their woes.
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I have to question whether Tyrande was actually well known among-st the populace.

At the time where she lived in Suramar, she was just a novice Priestess. She wasn't High Priestess. That was Dejahna.
    Whether by her name or not, she also was sought after by both pupils of Cenarius one of which had gold eyes.

Except Tyrande wasn't notable until partway through the war, she was just a novice. You're arguing that a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff had to know a corporal who came from the same big city as him because decades later the other also became high ranked.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether by her name or not, she also was sought after by both pupils of Cenarius one of which had gold eyes.
    That's so irrelevant I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Don't see how that is relevant?

In comparison, Thalyssra was well known in Zin-Azshari. A Highborne child states that "she (S'ivara) was trained by First Arcanist Thalyssra, she's super fancy!"

I'm pretty sure that love interests were not something that caught the general population's eye. What catches the eye - especially in Night Elf pre-sundering society are skills and prowess. That of which, Tyrande at the time, wouldn't have been seen to have and that Thalyssra absolutely did have.

Initially in 7.1, Elisande would goad Tyrande about their mutual acquaintance, i.e. Malfurion - establishing blizzard fully aware.
    Was this really the case? Exactly where did she mention Malfurion? Was this in an earlier beta version of the patch maybe?

Don't see how that is relevant?

In comparison, Thalyssra was well known in Zin-Azshari. A Highborne child states that "she (S'ivara) was trained by First Arcanist Thalyssra, she's super fancy!"

I'm pretty sure that love interests were not something that caught the general population's eye. What catches the eye - especially in Night Elf pre-sundering society are skills and prowess. That of which, Tyrande at the time, wouldn't have been seen to have and that Thalyssra absolutely did have.
    Eh yes/no. I HIGHLY doubt every Highborne was super skilled or powerful innately. It was mostly family/class. Being merely in the presence of the two brothers would be enough to gain scorn or acknowledgement. She was definitely known.

Eh yes/no. I HIGHLY doubt every Highborne was super skilled or powerful innately. It was mostly family/class. Being merely in the presence of the two brothers would be enough to gain scorn or acknowledgement. She was definitely known.
    But we're not discussing every Highborne. We're talking about one specific Highborne and that is First Arcanist Thalyssra. The fact that she was known within the inner city and sanctums of Zin-Azshari is something not to be scoffed at.

Tyrande was well known to Dejahna and she took note of her progress. Malfurion was born with regular eyes and wasn't Suramar-born. Illidan might have drawn attention with his golden eyes but is that him being more well known, or is it Tyrande? I'd say, it's him over her.

probably not personally.

Tyrande knew her like we know most important government men and women.

plus, Thalyssra is most likely a few thousand years older than her so she must have read about her somewhere, not to mention they were living in the same city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    probably not personally.

Tyrande knew her like we know most important government men and women.

plus, Thalyssra is most likely a few thousand years older than her so she must have read about her somewhere, not to mention they were living in the same city.
    It was more likely that Tyrande knew of Thalyssra, but not the other way round.

Thalyssra was still Suramar's First Arcanist, during the Kaldorei Empire. Tyrande was only a novice Priestess before the War broke out and it was only after the war began, did Dejahna name Tyrande as her successor.

It was more likely that Tyrande knew of Thalyssra, but not the other way round.
    oh Ik.

Thalyssra was still Suramar's First Arcanist, during the Kaldorei Empire. Tyrande was only a novice Priestess before the War broke out and it was only after the war began, did Dejahna name Tyrande as her successor.
    yeah, Tyrande wasn't well known around.

Illidan was probably more known because of his golden eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.