Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who are the best streamers for following progression?

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    "Naxx 40 is the hardest raid in the entire game" btw.

Vanilla was never hard. People just had shit gear and shit computers.
    "High school Applied Calculus is the hardest subject in 9th grade" btw

High school Mathematics was never hard. People were just 14 years old and weren't 30 with Bachelor's & Master's degrees, having done Derivatives, Integrals, Double Integrals, non-real numbers (or fantastical, depending where you're from), modelling and advanced statistics for 5 years straight.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-12-06 at 04:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What to enjoy to watch, old vanilla with known tactics or retail with a bunch of ppl just pressing whatever key lights up on their keybar hmm...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    pretty sure some people never learn... how many time must old content be crushed before you accept the reality in front of you? it's not hard, people are pissing all over it

classic content is getting DESTROYED the moment the doors open and always someone says ' ok that doesn't count because -insert X excuse- wait till the next one and you'll see', well no i won't see, it's piss poor easy and that's all

the said that when ragnaros was killed by 58 lvl in greens - you need fire resist gear my ass..., 'BWL is not going to fall so easy!', yeah right, BWL gets farmed day 1, 'oh wait to see, 4H, nothing like you retail noobs have ever seen!' - Nax doesn't last for 2 hrs...

Tha's all folks, nothing more to see
    ye.. We all knew it when blizzard revealed they would use 1.12 data. Its no where near authentic.

For anyone willing to argue. Name one worldfirst bosskill that happened during 1.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    What to enjoy to watch, old vanilla with known tactics or retail with a bunch of ppl just pressing whatever key lights up on their keybar hmm...
    What to enjoy to watch, retail with exciting tactics or classic with a bunch of people just pressing one button rotations on the keybar hmm...

Basically what you said is just as ridiculous as what I said, simply neither statement is true but a sly dig in the cLaSsIc/ReTaIl sucks bs on mmo-c forums.

One of the most basic rules in History is "Never judge the past through the lens of today". How about we analyse historical data with honesty & good intentions, and agree that the fact Kel'Thuzad survived EIGHTY DAYS from Naxx-40 release till the day he was killed is a pretty big feat for a WoW raid boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    This thread is fun.

Everyone NOT raiding Naxx is saying how piss easy it is.

Everyone actually raiding Naxx is saying how hard it is.
    On top guild in our small server. We took 5hr to clear AQ40 first week, 2nd week 2h, fastest was 43min clear recently.
    We've NEVER struggled on any bosses. Maybe 1-2 wipes max ever.
    Naxx is fucking brutal. Some bosses are still piss easy but the hard bosses are genuinely hard.
    8hours in and we're 12/15.

Umm...8 hours in and being 12/15 is still not quite hard in the sense that modern raid encounters are hard lol.

I'm not as invested in the dead horse holy war of classic was/wasn't hard (dunning-kruger) but yah you've basically got it on farm week one. Sure there are bosses that are more punishing of a mistake, but now you're getting ~40 pieces of the best loot in the game thrown your way per week so it's not even going to take as long in the future.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

It's shockingly harder than Ahn'qiraj, which was very easy. Take that for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Umm...8 hours in and being 12/15 is still not quite hard in the sense that modern raid encounters are hard lol.

I'm not as invested in the dead horse holy war of classic was/wasn't hard (dunning-kruger) but yah you've basically got it on farm week one. Sure there are bosses that are more punishing of a mistake, but now you're getting ~40 pieces of the best loot in the game thrown your way per week so it's not even going to take as long in the future.
    I'm looking at this vid where a guild cleared it in less than 90 mins. Seems pretty easy compared to other "most difficult expac raids"

Quote Originally Posted by Ten15 View Post
    I'm looking at this vid where a guild cleared it in less than 90 mins. Seems pretty easy compared to other "most difficult expac raids"
    Ofcourse it "seems pretty easy" when nobody ever dies. For the record, that guild has been clearing this raid weekly for several years on private servers. Every single one of them always knows exactly what to do, and they spend way more time preparing for raids with overstacked consumables and worldbuffs than they spend raiding. It's no different than watching a guild on retail speed-clearing a current raid for the 50th time just before expansion ends.

Is there actually ANY non-private server guilds that have cleared Naxx yet? I wonder...

Ofcourse it "seems pretty easy" when nobody ever dies. For the record, that guild has been clearing this raid weekly for several years on private servers. Every single one of them always knows exactly what to do, and they spend way more time preparing for raids with overstacked consumables and worldbuffs than they spend raiding. It's no different than watching a guild on retail speed-clearing a current raid for the 50th time just before expansion ends.

Is there actually ANY non-private server guilds that have cleared Naxx yet? I wonder...
    <Be Nice> on Kirtonos killed KT tonight, we are now 4th Horde Guild in US to do so. I don't believe we have any raiders that were private server players any more. Maybe 1-2? It took tons of hours of practice, research, and lots of raid time with massive consumables. In the end we were able to pull off incredibly clean 4H, Saph, and KT kills. The replays are just gorgeous. To all those saying it's easy, when did you finish your clear? This raid felt like Vanillla for the first time in Classic.

(Edit- Post count, Nice)

Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post
    <Be Nice> on Kirtonos killed KT tonight, we are now 4th Horde Guild in US to do so. I don't believe we have any raiders that were private server players any more. Maybe 1-2? It took tons of hours of practice, research, and lots of raid time with massive consumables. In the end we were able to pull off incredibly clean 4H, Saph, and KT kills. The replays are just gorgeous. To all those saying it's easy, when did you finish your clear? This raid felt like Vanillla for the first time in Classic.

(Edit- Post count, Nice)
    I agree, I've been waiting forever to try out the real Naxx and it was worth the wait. I don't think AQ40 lived up to the hype but this place certainly did. The raid at times is very unforgiving... the tank running too slowly from Anub is a wipe. Priests not coordinating their mind controls well enough on Razuvious can be a wipe, pulling an extra pack of gargs can be a wipe..... it's definitely got a much different feel from the raids of today, but IMO it's got plenty of challenge. Very fun place, and definitely has a lot of challenge in it.

the era of " wow is too easy today LUL its made for babies, i raided in naxx and it was like totally the hardest the games ever been" wow forum posters is over

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    the era of " wow is too easy today LUL its made for babies, i raided in naxx and it was like totally the hardest the games ever been" wow forum posters is over
    It's funny because all the players in this thread whom actually are raiding Naxx right now is saying it's actually hard.

Nobody in here saying it's easy are even playing Classic.

well the raid has been out for what 2 days now and, no one on my server has finished it yet, we set these 3 days to keep our horde first presence and so far we've managed that, there is only 1 guild (ally) currently logged at sapphiron, they are 13/15, one guild at 12/15 and everyone else, us included are now at 10/15. tonight is our last raid this week and i don't think we'll clear it week 1, maybe week 2, i'm pretty happy with how far we got in the first week. it is punishing in the sense that singular fails will wipe you on some bosses, thaddius for example, we wiped a couple of times and on our kill attempt 5 ppl died before we even jumped down to him, purely because no one really failed at polarity. its easy, if ppl don't fail. its impossible if ppl consistently fail. everything just hits incredibly hard, bosses like razuvious are only hard because the entire fight relies on your mind controling priests, if they fail its a wipe, although you can kinda reset raz if you start running. regardless. the fights that are hard are that way because of some mechanic you can't cheese. you have to do it the way it was intended. and some bosses like faerlina, can be nuked down in 1min or so with world buffs, we didn't even get anubs chase phase we mostly ignored the crypt guards, cleaved them down with the boss and he died before the tank had to run away.

without world buffs you notice that you are much more reliant on consumables. its very consume heavy, in terms of everything really. likely more so for me being a tank, I have to use a flask or I probably won't survive patchwork hatefulstrikes, I have to use stoneshield or I won't have enough armor etc etc. if you wipe 5-6 times it starts to cost a lot, to the point that you can't even carry enough consumables.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-12-06 at 01:05 PM.

It's funny because all the players in this thread whom actually are raiding Naxx right now is saying it's actually hard.

Nobody in here saying it's easy are even playing Classic.
    It's fairly hard (difficulty itself is on retail normal-heroic raid level, with prep and the raid leading being the hard task actually), but it's just nowhere close to the difficulty and effort that needs to be put in to clear mythic raids.

You aren't entirely wrong, however the guy you responded too is also totally right. This whole "era" of posts saying how raids were so much harder in the good old days is finally over.

It will take most mythic raiding guilds more than a month to clear castle nathria on mythic and most raiding guilds overall won't even try it.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-12-06 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    The best players and guilds in the world, who practised the fights for years on private servers, who practised this specific build for weeks on the PTR, went in and all wiped multiples times except for a single guild.

If you let people practice the retail fights for a month straight they would oneshot everything with no issues. For me this confirms Naxx is harder than retail.
    Best players in the world don't play vanilla. Try putting those players into retail and they probably will not finish in top 50 lawl

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Best players in the world don't play vanilla. Try putting those players into retail and they probably will not finish in top 50 lawl
    I know quite a few people that are playing in the World 10 range and that have played Classic extensively or are still playing it.

But good on your part for making baseless assumptions.

This thread is fun.

Everyone NOT raiding Naxx is saying how piss easy it is.

Everyone actually raiding Naxx is saying how hard it is.
    No, those of us who's done naxx agree that it's laughably easy. Classic is a very easy game, almost LFR levels of easy. Actually you could argue that LFR is harder simply because there are more than 1 mechanic and your rotation consists of more than one button.