Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Spying in Torghast - Sylvanas and The Jailer Cutscene

Spying in Torghast - Sylvanas and The Jailer Cutscene
    Leyst has discovered a new cutscene on Shadowlands Beta. This cutscene is part of the Torghast questline and takes place after Sylvanas Windrunner offers Anduin Wrynn a dark deal.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-12-06 at 08:05 PM.

So the jailer is basically an over bearing manager

This titan++ character is rather blind and deaf.

They're really gonna turn Sylvanas good, aren't they? All of the bad stuff she has done over the years was for the "greater good."

Anduin is going to the dark side, called it since reading Shadows Rising. Idk how more people didn't see this coming.

I am waiting Anduin to become an Unholy Shadow Priest and fight the Sylvanas with dark light .

Ugh so basicly, they are making Anduin a super powerful weapon the jailer wants to corrupt? Like if he is so powerful whats the point of the player character. You cant really make a lore character a Super amazing awesome powerful character it kinda makes the player character seem pointless. its the reason Medan was never put into the game, because he was deemed too powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    This titan++ character is rather blind and deaf.
    Keep in mind that this is the guy who is supposed to be so clever that he manipulated the Burning Legion for thousands of years.

All this talk of "the first ones" makes me wonder if Blizzard is going to break the fourth wall and have the characters figure out they're in a video game.

I cant get that southpark Satan spoof out my head every time i see the jailer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Ugh so basicly, they are making Anduin a super powerful weapon the jailer wants to corrupt? Like if he is so powerful whats the point of the player character. You cant really make a lore character a Super amazing awesome powerful character it kinda makes the player character seem pointless. its the reason Medan was never put into the game, because he was deemed too powerful
    I think you're confusing useful with powerful. If you had Usain Bolt trying to sword fight expert sword fighters he'd probably lose, but put him on a track and it's a different story. Anduin is possibly one of the most powerful light users that could be swayed to his side.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I am waiting Anduin to become an Unholy Shadow Priest and fight the Sylvanas with dark light .
    isnt that basically what shadow priests are about?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Anduin has potential The Jailer wants to harness. Untapped potential. I look at it like Darth Sidious and Anakin Skywalker. Anakin fighting on the side of good was greatly suppressed, but letting go all of his inhibitions and acting without remorse or scruples, he had fearsome power thart while unfocused, was destructive. Anduin might be in a similar place. For someone so young, he has a lot of untapped potential, and quite some feats with The Light even though he's had more failures than successes. The Jailer can mold him into a powerful pawn to do his bidding, and maybe even wear a new Helm/Armor of Domination to do his bidding, and invade and infect the entire realm of the living to do his bidding. After all, if he wants to become as powerful as The Legion was, he needs more than one dependable general to spread his pestilence across the living cosmos.

Jailer = Sidious
    Sylvanas = Vader
    Anduin = Luke

Seems the Jailer wants Anduin because he's got a ton of Potential, especially with the LIGHT...

But why does the Jailer want someone that can use the LIGHT? Is it because he wants to stop something in the SHADOW so that he could claim the Cosmos for himself?

Mhm...

Ah yes, the guy that can spot and mark me for all his troops to see without even being close to where I am, even inside caves, does totally not notice me when I'm standing right next to him. In his damn tower no less. The jailer is already outdone by random henchmen in chinese cultivation webcomics, because even they have more sensory skills than him when it counts.

Also the whole anduin thing is kinda stupid to begin with. Whoop-di-doo, he can summon the light into the maw. That would work as plot point if we didn't run around the maw all the time ouselves and we would have been even more limited during our first stay, because it's alot less impressive when our characters can do the same without issue. Also the idea that he needs a weapon that also needs honing kinda implies he wants to topple someone big. The plot is already getting out of hand, because we now will reach for an even higher tier of being.. /sigh.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-12-06 at 09:44 PM.

Dang can't wait for the Jailer to be Sylvanas' dad, and then she ends up killing him. But wait, it wasn't for the greater good, she's now going to create a shadowyerlands, with way cooler gods and new titans, since she' been a titan herself sorta. See you in the next 10 WoW expansions featuring this character no one cares about but is one of the writers waifus, where we still won't be any closer to her true intentions because she's just too damn smart
    Last edited by La; 2020-12-06 at 10:10 PM.

After reading another thread about missing Tyrande I've struck with idea that Tyrande is their weapon and source of power, not Anduin. It makes sense of burning teldrasill and then luring her to shadowlands. Also we do not have any information that can destroy that idea, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    They're really gonna turn Sylvanas good, aren't they? All of the bad stuff she has done over the years was for the "greater good."
    Man, I have stuck with Blizzard and defended and forgiven some of the worst decisions in their lore becuase I have deemed it overblown or people over reacting, and I still will defend it. I still even defend the story in BfA (for the most part except for the last patch that was a mess)

BUT if they go down that road and Sylvanas turns out to be 'good' and goes full Kerrigan, I am done. 26 years and I will wash my hands of this franchise. While laughing maniacally of course. Because it will just be so bonkers funny :P

Wouldn't be WoW game if a young human wasn't so powerful that even the satan of wow wants to sway him to his cause. It's underwhelmingly silly.

I'm not sure they are talking about Anduin. I think they are talking about the player character, the Maw Walker.