Poll: Best Class for Torghast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    We don't know how the Layer 8 works.
    The boss may have a rage timer.

I don't want to spend 2 hours with a tank spec and wipe on the final boss.

Did anyone try layer 8 in the beta?
    Bosses melt with tanks just as fast as with DPS because of powerups.
    Off the top of my head
    +25% damage when exiting prowl
    +15% damage when taunting
    +50% damage while channeling convoke the spirits
    Add in the other +% damage done and the potion.

I wouldn't underestimate tank DPS at final boss. Specially because we can focus on getting single target powerups over survivability/AoE (against trash mobs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Dont forget to spam one of your numerous target less spammable aoe abilities!
    Thrash and Swipe are so satisfying

15+ Year Old Account
    As other have said - Any tank is a breeze.

It can be rough for DPS - Especially rogues.
    Here is something to believe in!

BM hunter is a snoozefest as long as you pay just enough attention to pop a defensive against aoe damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Have had 0 problems as a dps warrior. Even with doing a few extra runs for fun, I've only died one time in all my runs due to overpulling caster mobs once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the easiest time on my Kyrian Prot Paladin and my Night Fae Balance Druid
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    While not being a hardcore PvE player, I really enjoyed running Torghast with my Ret. Being in half PvP honor gear, half M0 drops (my ilvl is 176 atm + 190 2h I bought from AH), I had no trouble with either layer.

Strugglign with 3 on my rogue, but it's a git gud issue and luc kwith anima issue most likely
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I was hoping that Blizzard uses anima power to balance the class/spec, such as a tanking pet for Rogue.
    Guess not.

think it all depens on what powers you get/luck.

I have had a run at level 2 that was harder then level 3. Got powers on my druid making it freaking OP. stacking damage buffs , reduction of cooldown of my covanant dps ability + upgrade to it. And when i leave prowl i do more dps. So every 60 seconds i just nuke the jeebus out of whole packs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Strugglign with 3 on my rogue, but it's a git gud issue and luc kwith anima issue most likely
    think gear also plays a role a bit.

But i agree with you. Luck with what choices of powers you get is most important.

Prot Paladin for sure.

People saying any Tank is easy: How do you manage as brewmaster? I dinged 60 today and went straight to Torghast as I did with my WL. As WW I had a somewhat easy time, but layer 3 got hairy and I died a few times before winning the run. MW was great for bosses and non elite trash, but against 2 elites with trash MW struggled hard. And BRM is just... not as great. Less self heal than WW coupled with less dmg AND mobs hit you harder. How do you guys do it?
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-07 at 12:18 AM.