Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Maldraxxus Finale Cutscene - Kel'Thuzad's Fate, Runecarver's Memory Cutscene

Spying in Torghast - Sylvanas and The Jailer Cutscene

Maldraxxus Finale Cutscene - Kel'Thuzad's Fate
    The final cutscene of the Necrolord and Venthyr Covenant Campaign has been datamined. Story Spoilers!

Runecarver's Memory Cutscene
    The following cutscene plays after you return 15 memories to the Runecarver and earn the achievement Clearing the Fog.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-12-07 at 02:21 AM.

Is it just me or did it look like he didn’t really want to go? Would love to see the interaction between Sylvanis and Kel’Thuzad considering he was basically the reason she was killed and turned into undead. If they didn’t need to use the sunwell to resurrect him she would have never been killed by Arthas and raised as a Banshee
    Last edited by Hobbidaggy; 2020-12-07 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Fixing iPhone autocorrect

5+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell me why Jailer so slow in these cutscenes , like as if he fights air pressure to move his bulky body.
    (raytracing and shit 2020, and still no normal speed skeletons for big characters?)

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why Jailer so slow in these cutscenes , like as if he fights air pressure to move his bulky body.
    (raytracing and shit 2020, and still no normal speed skeletons for big characters?)
    It's a byproduct of scaling models in WoW. The bigger the model, the slower it moves. You can practice this in game by using the World Shrinker toy and Bloodlust on a Tauren.

Kel'thuzad got Azshara'd

Me, barely done any of the max level content, why is Sin'dane not helping Kel'thuzzard they're both literally on the same team no?

I need to crack on with the covenant campaigns

the voice acting of the final line the jailer says in that clip sounds a lot like deathwings voice, nothing about it just a thought

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Bigger models mean bigger steps, you fix the travelling speed by giving them slower movements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Me, barely done any of the max level content, why is Sin'dane not helping Kel'thuzzard they're both literally on the same team no?

I need to crack on with the covenant campaigns
    its not intended to be seen yet, this is literally the final part of the covenent campaign, i think 6 weeks away from now.
    idk how but somehow people got it to play.

so yeah, sindane is not on KT's side, as she didnt really know who he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its not intended to be seen yet, this is literally the final part of the covenent campaign, i think 6 weeks away from now.
    idk how but somehow people got it to play.

so yeah, sindane is not on KT's side, as she didnt really know who he was.
    I barely done "week 1" content so some hints/reasons might have been explained already that I didnt know. From what I understood both are tools of the Jailer.

Why do these cinematics look like Machinima fanmade? All those clunky movements and cameras moving and closing in. Nonsense dialogues and exagerated gestures.

What the hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

Quote Originally Posted by shiava View Post
    Why do these cinematics look like Machinima fanmade? All those clunky movements and cameras moving and closing in. Nonsense dialogues and exagerated gestures.

What the hell.
    There are basically three tiers of WoW cutscenes: Rendered, pre-rendered, and CGI. Rendered cinematics are like the two ones in this post. It is basically a cutscene made in game, but because of that, is not of the same quality as a pre-rendered cutscene. Blizz likes to use these because they are cheaper to make, easier to make, and allows the PC to be in the cutscene. Pre-rendered cutscenes are built from the ground up, but use an art style similar to in game. These are ones you see after killing an end raid boss or even after a very big quest. CGI cutscenes are used for expansion cinematics.

10+ Year Old Account

What the hell.
    It's their new approach to in-game cinematics, rather than having characters use stock/generic speak and gestures animations in cutscenes they can make characters act slightly more dynamic. Of course it looks like it is still fairly early in implementation with how unnatural and stiff they look.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account

What the hell.
    if you didn't notice, wow's style changed a lot, what you're referring to started to appear massively near wod. it's a result of new developers replacing older ones. eventually everything we like will be replaced, and what the new players will like will also be replaced by future developer, and so on. that's a direct result of a company working without trying to preserve stuff. the recipe kinds of get lost over time and instead just keeps changing.

What the hell.
    These are just scriped camera rides ingame with a few scripted triggers that fire certain ingame model animations. And because these animations are bare bones these look like ass.

Blizzard has been trying for a couple of years now to ape what FFXIV has been doing, but sadly they never fixed the most important part, the basic animations. Having such comical gestures while talking works in an RTS where the characters are 5% of the screen, but not here where they are the focus of a framed scene. They have the advantage of giving them the chance to integrate the player, but at the end of the day it's rarely worth to do so.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I barely done "week 1" content so some hints/reasons might have been explained already that I didnt know. From what I understood both are tools of the Jailer.
    no we arnt even close to going to the house of rituals, so none of this is hinted cause this is like way in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I put my foot in my mouth too soon. This clip pretty much confirms that Blizzard already has plans for the Runecarver. I was kinda hoping they didn't make him a good guy, but it's fine.

Spoilers with Kel'thuzad. I wonder if Mr. Bigglesworth ever gets to make a cameo?

10+ Year Old Account
    These type of cutscenes are really just aweful I don't understand why they dont just take the time to properly make them.. we know they can do it.

Surely it cant be that much work.

Out of curiosity how is Kel'thuzad in the Shadowlands? Last I knew we never destroyed his phylactery so shouldn't he be alive still? I know in Classic we handed it over to a NPC and he was later resurrected into the Wrath version but don't think we ever found it or located it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    These type of cutscenes are really just aweful I don't understand why they dont just take the time to properly make them.. we know they can do it.

Surely it cant be that much work.
    Compared to the ingame ones? It's like day (on mercury) and night (on pluto). The ingame ones should hardly amount to more than a short list of instructions that any intern can write, wheres a pre-rendered cutscene takes animtators, tons of rendering time, maybe even mo-cap.

Though I have to admit that this cutscenes doesn't add much tbh. The only worthwhile part is seeing our characters in it and they feature for a fraction of a second in their lame honkered down combat ready animation. Hardly worth the sock puppet acting.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.