Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Necro because I like the theme and venthyr abilities seemed useless but now that I am doing mythics I regret it, sbs barely ticks and fleshcraft feels clunky. Might change covenant today..

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian because why the hell not.

i wanted to choose venthyr but now that im getting around to leveling my alt rogue, every ability feels terrible to use. flagellation is so boring

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    I went night fae because it was the least annoying ability to implement during gameplay.
    This.
    I started as Venthyr, but Flag is dogshit. Door is useful, but super annoying when Torghast throws Door-upgrades after me. Not the combat I want in there.
    Kyrian is absolutely not an option.
    Necro is a possibility, but Bone Spike doesnt do much in solo content. I prefer the speed of Night Fae over the shield ability from Necro.
    Last edited by Puffah; 2020-12-07 at 06:42 AM.

combat rogue so went necrolord for the fight and glory.
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Necrolords cause my assa rogue loves to dot dot dot

Night Fae, easiest to use, best performance in the late game. I like Ardenweald also.

The set looks bad though.

Ended up with Kyrian, mainly stayed away from Night Fae from PTSD of Sepsis making you vanish on the Beta, Venthyr was literally broken the first week, and I didn't really like Maldraxxus/Necrolords, althought Bone Spike was nice to use.

Night Fae since my prot pally went Kyrian and i dont want doubles so i can play through all 4 campaigns eventually.
    Venthyr felt pretty lackluster, why have Doors when we have grappling hook, and the 3 damage dot from Necro was also meh.
    So Night Fae was all thats left basically.

My rogue is sitting on the Bolvar desk because I literally can't pick which cov I want.

I ended up going Kyrian because I think Echoing Reprimand was the most fun. Feels like it does good damage, gives you the goal to work towards a specific amount of combo points, and rewards you with an extra-hard-hitting finisher for using that precise amount. It's a fun ability, the most fun Covenant ability imo. It's free, and generates a specific amount of combo points and once in a while that feels nice - perfect CD for this kind of ability. I just really like what it does for Outlaw and even Rogue as a whole. Phials are also nice for the cleansing and healing effect. I also thought they had the best transmog set available of all the options, and one of if not the best looking area. Also Kyrian get bonus points for Stewards as they are of course, awesome - and telling other players they're awesome with them is also awesome.

Flagellation was my third favorite ability, but it was between Venthyr and Bastion when I was making my choice. While it was nice to have a big stack of haste for Flagellation to make up for its upfront cost it was a lot less tangible in the moment to moment gameplay as Echoing Reprimand or Bone Spike as it didn't have as much interplay with the roation - you just kind of play normally and get as many stacks as you can before you have to consume it. It being a longer to get gratification ability was less good in the leveling process but it had its place when fighting elites or mini-bosses so when it did pay off it wasn't dissatisfying or anything. Yet, it didn't help that you could collect essentially what was the same looking Covenant Armor set by either getting the Conquest or Raid armor sets so the Covenant armor wasn't as tempting. Otherwise it was my second-favorite Covenant armor set for Rogues. I do like the bitey bois a lot, and it probably would have been where I would have went by choice if abilities hadn't been part of the decision but ultimately I wanted to enjoy using my ability the most. I wasn't really tempted by the mount at all, Gargons are weird. Being able to cheese terrain was kind of nice with Door of Shadows, especially when say Grappling Hook can't get you there, but comparatively something more instant and especially relating to survivability I just found more compelling and DoS also gets less compelling with Flying coming in, later. In terms of covenant areas I grew to thinking it was my second pick. I ended up liking Dredges as well as Venthyr so they also kind of played into wanting to have fun NPCs to interact with.

I liked Serrated Bone Spike second in terms of abilities. It's free, gives a nice stacking amount of combo points the more you use it so it has a nice sequence break at the perfect kind of pacing just ER does. However, I almost always forgot to use Fleshcraft and didn't even enjoy using it when I did have it, as when at max health the base UI doesn't display how much relative absorb you have over your health bar... just that you have an absorb, so it isn't as compelling. This is especially regrettable because Fleshcraft isn't necessarily the most compelling to use mid-combat because you have to sit and channel it - something you don't ideally want to do while being hit in the face, you want to use it before and after fights where you're more likely to be healthy. Anyway, Necrolord Covenant leather armor looked like skin so it was very gross. The mount looked cool, though. I wasn't really looking forward to the area as it had been pretty gross to quest through as well.

Night Fae was the last option I considered, mostly because Sepsis was not fun at all and I didn't enjoy it. The target needing to survive the full duration before being able to use the extra opener and the cooldown only being reset if they die with the DoT on ended up feeling bad - I found myself just wanting to have the stealth ability after using Sepsis and annoyed having to wait for it to expire, and then only getting this 1.5m cd to only get a third reset if the target die with it on didn't really feel that rewarding. The DoT damage wasn't so noticeable because of the length of the DoT, and comparatively I just felt abilities like Echoing Reprimand and Bone Spike were a lot more immediate with their enjoyment and Sepsis just ended up being a lot of delayed gratification and not as enjoyable. Especially while leveling it just wasn't as compelling. Wanting to get the free Ambush and then targets just naturally dying earlier before you can get that and then only getting a third CD reduction... like, comparatively, I think that just felt bad. Really neutered my enjoyment of the ability. The covenant armor and mount were the second/third-most tempting choices for this Covenant, but I knew there were a lot of other mounts already abound in Ardenweald and quite frankly I didn't value the blinks very much. The quasi-social nature of seeing others around in Oribos in the shapes was probably the most tempting piece of the Covenant. And of course naturally the soulshape doesn't even work with stealth - which is really ironic considering Sepsis is giving you access to a stealth ability. Soulshape is even less relevant for getting around than DoS as it doesn't make up for what your Grappling Hook can't, and with ground mounts and flying mounts later it's rendered basically useless except highly mobile encounters - which while leveling, was virtually never.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-12-18 at 01:46 AM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went Night Fae simply because that was my favorite zone during leveling.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Night Fae cuz thats what the guides said was the best

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    My orc is a Shattered Hand assassin, so he'll end us as a Necrolord.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Necrolord because Bone Spike is the most fun ability to use. Emni is also a really powerful soulbind early on as her best ability comes at the top of the tree. Might switch to Night Fae later on, but we'll see.

I feel like all of the rogue abilities suck. So it just came down to a matter of what set / theme fit my Undead rogue the best. Went with Venthyr with Necrolord a close behind 2nd place.

kyrian is the angel of death rogue.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr, because my paladin is Kyrian, my hunter is NF and my DK is Necro. Wanted 1 char in each covenant.

Plus, vampires fit the shadowy assassin/thief/duelist kind of motif more than the rest and their mog looks the best for leather.

Venthyr because aestethics. All skills are pretty bad imho, at least i have some degree of control with Flagellation. I especially dislike Echoing Reprimand, i don't want to be subject to RNG when generating combo points.

EDIT: damage wise they're all pretty much there so you're not really losing anything by choosing one or another. Though most people went Fae because .0001% more dps.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Looking at the top guilds, i find most rogues are necrolords, i guess because of Lead by Example? It doesn't sim that great but that's just due to the nature of the skill, also i imagine bonespike is useful in raid fights with multiple targets up most of/all the fight.