Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    LIGHTMOURNE ... HUNGERS...

just the term "Mourneblade" makes it seem like its something that can be fitted around any force. Life, Death, Arcane, etc.

What if Jailer wants to create a new Helm of Dominion and slam it on Anduin's head and arm him with this Mourneblade?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    LIGHTMOURNE ... HUNGERS...

just the term "Mourneblade" makes it seem like its something that can be fitted around any force. Life, Death, Arcane, etc.

What if Jailer wants to create a new Helm of Dominion and slam it on Anduin's head and arm him with this Mourneblade?
    Makes sense, since Death doesn't care what your affiliation is. I mean, we learn that the Dreadlords can and have 'corrupted' themselves with fel, void, and light to 'fit into' their assignments and things of that nature. Light's just as much a tool as the fel was, so we could end up with a 'Lightmourne'.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    if you didn't notice, wow's style changed a lot, what you're referring to started to appear massively near wod. it's a result of new developers replacing older ones. eventually everything we like will be replaced, and what the new players will like will also be replaced by future developer, and so on. that's a direct result of a company working without trying to preserve stuff. the recipe kinds of get lost over time and instead just keeps changing.
    I assume you have never seen the wrath gate cinematic or most patch trailers? They have always been clunky and looked Machinima esc it has nothing to do with new or old devs.

thanks for spoiling the end of that campaign, totally wanted to know these two characters would be there fighting from that thumbnail

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Is it just me or did it look like he didn’t really want to go? Would love to see the interaction between Sylvanis and Kel’Thuzad considering he was basically the reason she was killed and turned into undead. If they didn’t need to use the sunwell to resurrect him she would have never been killed by Arthas and raised as a Banshee
    Eh, tbh I think Sylvanas at this point is glad she ended up a banshee. Indirectly thanks to Arthas and Kel'Thuzad she eventually got to meet with the Jailer and "potentially" (at least from her point of view) change how the afterlife works for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why Jailer so slow in these cutscenes , like as if he fights air pressure to move his bulky body.
    (raytracing and shit 2020, and still no normal speed skeletons for big characters?)
    If he moves at normal speed, Sylvanas would have to run the whole cutscene and the entire conversation would turn into comedy. On that note, I think Blizzard is wasting a lot of comedy potential in many situation within the game.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Out of curiosity how is Kel'thuzad in the Shadowlands? Last I knew we never destroyed his phylactery so shouldn't he be alive still? I know in Classic we handed it over to a NPC and he was later resurrected into the Wrath version but don't think we ever found it or located it at that point.
    They never explained it until now, maybe it will be mentioned somewhere in teh story? maybe they forgot like billion other things..

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's a byproduct of scaling models in WoW. The bigger the model, the slower it moves. You can practice this in game by using the World Shrinker toy and Bloodlust on a Tauren.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Bigger models mean bigger steps, you fix the travelling speed by giving them slower movements.
    It's also the source of the epic Kodo mount weird running animations. Kodo model was initially made for the huge wild Kodos, then they turned it into a scaled down mount. Now it's all tiny small steps.

Good to see ex-Bioware animators found employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I assume you have never seen the wrath gate cinematic or most patch trailers? They have always been clunky and looked Machinima esc it has nothing to do with new or old devs.
    Players probably hoped that 12 years of game development improvements, with 15$ per month for millions of players, would lead to an increase in cutscenes quality. That sounds reasonable in my book.

"Why would we ask great technical quality ? Just look at Tetris intro !" is not a good argument in my opinion.

Good to see that Blizzard is still using the janky-ass "camera mode" where they try to combine terrible animations and hope it will look natural. I especialy love it when models glitch and fade in/fade out as if they went in and out of render distance.

It was a failure in Cataclysm, it is a failure now.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea blizz has always been hprrible with these wooden animstions and delay on voice overs. It looks bad.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo...

The Jailer's flying minions can come in and out of the maw, and bring people with them whenever they want... I feel so special as a maw walker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate when mmo posts spoilers on front page. Why dont you just make a spoiler page for this kinda stuff?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's a tiny spoiler tag compared to that huge thumbnail giving away the contents at a glance.

There are so many terrible things in the KT cut scene that I don't even know where to begin.

That Kel'Thuzad ending seems partly done... it also seems incredibly hectic...
    Not really something i expect to see ingame, this unpolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsorrow View Post
    thanks for spoiling the end of that campaign, totally wanted to know these two characters would be there fighting from that thumbnail
    Yea, pretty idiotic, but nothing new from mmo-champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    It's a memory, it's not happening in the present. What you're seeing are THE Frostmourne and THE Helm of Domination.
    I kinda see both - it kinda feels like he already created the "vessels of domination" and the Jailer is stealing the memory of how to forge them, more than "how to make the original Frostmourne and the helm of domination."

It makes more sense since he destroyed them, unless he made them to destroy them... which I think is beyond Blizzard, but we'll see.

Could you not post insanely spoilery datamined cutscenes on your front page before they even are available in the game? Even if marked with spoiler tags the thumbnail and title on especially the first one are such huge spoilers that I wish didn't know